Which laptop to buy

TheBB

Prince
Hi,

I've had problems running Civ4 on my laptop and now I'm getting a new, so I want to make absolutely sure Civ4 is KNOWN to run on whatever I'm getting.

So, what I'm looking at is mostly ATI Mobility Radeons in the X-series. Are there any of these cards known to have issues with Civ4? I rather doubt it ... but can't take any chances ;).

BB

Edit: More specifically, I am thinking about this: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...g=en&product=1828784&dlc=en&docname=c00669972

With ATI Mobility Radeon X700. Does anyone know any bad experiences with this card?

Edit 2: I know this does support TnL and all that, but presumably so do my current Mobility Radeon 9200 and it has serious issues running the game!

Edit 3: Well, it took you guys a while to get here. Too long in fact... I went with an X1400 Toshiba. Hope that works.

TheBB said:
With ATI Mobility Radeon X700. Does anyone know any bad experiences with this card?

Oh yeah... that's my card. You know, not top notch or anything, but with other good specs such as good ram (1GB<) It'll be fine.

It's not a bad card at all. It plays the game pretty well, but add in some more main RAM and performance will be even better.

I run it excellently on a Toshiba Satellite M40 with one of those Nvidia GO cards in it... Framerate slows a bit when you zoom *way* out past the point where you can select anything, but other than that, it has played like a dream - and I picked this up a gear ago for less than $1800 CDN.

Top Bottom