1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Laptop You Recommend?

Discussion in 'Computer Talk' started by MAHRana, Oct 23, 2017.

1. MAHRana

MAHRana Prince

It’s been a while since I’ve been playing Civ since I don’t have a PC/laptop. But now I realized I have to move on from using my iPad Mini lol
    I was looking to get a laptop, but I’m kinda lost, something that’ll play Civ VI and has a nice build quality, price point perhaps ~€1500. I was looking at the Zenbook, Surface Pro, MacBook Pro (have an iPad Mini/iPhone) and like the UHD screens! What laptops around 14-15” would be good to play Civ VI on and aside from that has a good pixel density and build quality?? I want to finally have one more turn...!

2. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

3. MAHRana

MAHRana Prince

Nice site – thanks!

4. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

5. Zelig

Zelig Beep Boop

6. Prima Italia

Prima Italia Chieftain

A Macbook is not good enough if you want to play Civ 6. If you want to play Civ at a medium settings on a laptop I would recommend a laptop with at least a GTX 1050. A laptop with with a GTX 1060 could play Civ 6 with high settings at a good frame rate. If you can wait then you should do so. New laptop CPUs are on the horizon from Intel which should give a good boost to performance and new GPUs from nVidia are coming soon as well. As for the here and now I would get a HP Omen. You can get one with a 1060 and GSync which is a god level upgrade since there is no screen tearing. A must for playing games. If you want a a more traditional laptop I would get a Dell XPS15 inch. They come with a 1050 and good build quality.

7. Stephanie Harmon

Stephanie Harmon Chieftain

Asus Rog G752VY is good for gaming.