Which Leader/Civ makes you crazy-volcano-mad?

Which of these civs is the greatest sneaky jerk backstabber?

• Roosevelt

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Ramesses

• Wang Kon

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Napoleon

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Sitting Bull

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Mansa Musa

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Bismarck

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexander

Votes: 9 6.2%
  • Boudica

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Shaka

Votes: 26 17.9%
  • Caesar

• Catherine

Votes: 19 13.1%
  • Gilgamesh

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • Qin

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Tokugawa

Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Saladin

• Burger King...I mean Charlamagne

• Justinian

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Ugly Kmher dude...I mean Suryavarman

Votes: 9 6.2%
  • Joao

Votes: 16 11.0%

• Total voters
Catherine and Isabella... (Isabella more, WAY MORE) These two girls are always demanding their religion, And are never In mine.

Catherine for being a jerk and all times demanding her religion.
and Tokugawa for being a Isolationist bastard.

issy if I am playing and I see her I take her out ASAP because if I dont she is Hell to deal with later :trouble:
:deadhorse:
love the toku comment:lol:

Tokugawa by far. First of all he shows up in all my games, and I'm barely exagerating, be it a duel or a 18 civ marathon, he's always going to be among my opponents. I think that after playing 20 games by now he has only been absent from like, 2. And when he's there, he'll annoy everyone, pull all of us into wars nobody wants... He's not as crazy unpredictable as some of the others, but his whole policy of being the iron-faced jerk of the game is frustrating.

Tokugawa i mostly ignore. He can be a threat in the very very early game, but by the renaissance he can be ignored. I never pay attention to him. He'll never trade with you, he'll never open borders with you, so I never bother keeping him happy. While aggressive, he never seems to do well, he never becomes a big civ, and he doesn't expand fast enough at the beginning. He's just completely useless and is always at the bottom of the scores.

Gilgamesh is pretty bad. He gets big borders which clash hard with my own, he's insanely hard to dislodge by force, and while he's not very aggressive, he's a real grouch who tends to refuse to actually help me in any way.

Catherine's about as bad due to sheer unpredictableness. She's all nice and helpful until she decides someone has to die, at which point it doesn't matter at all who her friends are; the weakest looking target gets picked on.

Shaka is like a big ugly zit that's painful to pop, but will never trouble me again once I suck it up and get it over with.

Gilgamesh is like a festering ulcer that will never, ever go away.

Catherine is like a cancerous tumor that springs up out of nowhere after years of not having it and never suspecting that I'll get one.

IIRC somebody over at Apolyton looked up the coding. Apparently Catherine and Hannibal are the worst backstabbers. This is consistent with my gaming experience. I never trust them. I just want them wiped out.

BTW I don't have a problem with Isabella even though we are almost certainly of different religions. I offer trade or gift a tech or resource so she will have her religious wars with somebody else. (If she happens to be fighting somebody nasty I might join her crusade. )

Apparently Genghis does not back stab. OTH He is such an aggressive chap it perhaps makes little practical difference. If I am fighting I would rather have him as my neighbour than Catherine or Hannibal though. Give Genghis a present and he will send his hordes on some other random target. Give Catherine or Hannibal a present and they will stick the knife in to you anyway, perhaps sooner.

I trust Elizabeth, Frederick and Washington almost completely. I have considerable trust in Victoria, Ghandi, Hatshepsut and Bismark. Even if they are of different religion.

Yeah, i forgot about toku. But as others have said, he's more of an annoyance than a threat of any kind. i've NEVER seen him do a damned thing. he just kind of sits there like a rock and every so often makes a demand that can be easily ignored. I only had one game where he opened borders with me, and that was because my religion spread to him early on and I had gifted him a few techs. But even in that game his isolationist tendencies with everyone else had hampered him so badly his civ was stifled, small and weak. He ended up volunteering to be my vassal to keep himself from being swallowed up by someone else. He was no help in any wars though.

Easier to say who are not the backstabbers. Anyways, the Jerks awards goes to:

Catherine - my vote
Joao
Peter
Alexander
Shaka
Napoleon
Montezuma
Justinian
Louis XIV
The Khans

Dont trust in a russian, french or mongol in game.

I agree that in most game Tokugawa's empire ends up kind of in a stand still and rots. Twice he declared on me out of nowhere though (why is is always my neighbour anyway!?). Once it was in the age of cavalries. That was painful, he sent like 30 cavalries running in my kingdom as I was trying for a cultural victory as France. Ouch.

I voted for Shaka Zulu. It's not that I don't expect him to attack, its that he seems to find exactly the most inconvenient time to attack. I am ready to hit someone else and suddenly he is there with some crazy big stack. I haven't quite arranged my military the way I want, and suddenly he is there threatening my border cities. That's if he is my neighbor.

If he is not my neighbor, he often goes on a mission to vassalize as many nations as he can, becoming a greater and greater threat. Not only that, but sometimes he gets to my intended target victim before I do. I have had to change plans more often because of Shaka Zulu than any other leader so far.

Grrrr.

I have to vote for Joao, because I always expect war from Shaka, Monty, Catherine et. al. But Joao has a special knack for pouncing when my armies are on the other border, my economy is suffering and other civs happen to have the -1 "you declared war on my friend" modifier with me.

In short, Joao is the best at stabbing me when I don't expect it/ can't do anything about it, and thus, a tip of the hat to him!

Charlemange consistently backstabs in my games. I have pretty good relations with him, then he is making demands.

I really hate Charlemagne .He ruined a pretty good game I had as Gilgamesh.
Next time,if he'll be my neighbour ,i'll rush him in the grave.It will be my priority

No Mehmed in poll?

:agree: I would have voted for him if I could! He's certainly not the biggest backstabber like Cathy or Hannibal but he's one of the least predictable and best at it.

He always waits till you have a good war going on, probably a successful one at that, and then BAM! he hits your lightly defended homeland out of the blue with a large army at pleased! He's done this to me multiple times! I don't care about being backstabbed, I care about how effective it is and Mehmed is certainly the best at it...:backstab:

Gilgamesh is pretty bad. He gets big borders which clash hard with my own, he's insanely hard to dislodge by force, and while he's not very aggressive, he's a real grouch who tends to refuse to actually help me in any way.

Catherine's about as bad due to sheer unpredictableness. She's all nice and helpful until she decides someone has to die, at which point it doesn't matter at all who her friends are; the weakest looking target gets picked on.

Shaka is like a big ugly zit that's painful to pop, but will never trouble me again once I suck it up and get it over with.

Gilgamesh is like a festering ulcer that will never, ever go away.

Catherine is like a cancerous tumor that springs up out of nowhere after years of not having it and never suspecting that I'll get one.

Gilly is usually trouble but can be nice if you share religions. He can be kept at friendly (played a Gandhi cultural game where I kept him at friendly while swapping his 3 largest cities. Oh boy, was I cackling! His GNP was non-existant, and he still loved me. Heck, I flipped his capitol!)

Cathy is a baby imho, but thats because I always get her religion.

I have to vote for Joao, because I always expect war from Shaka, Monty, Catherine et. al. But Joao has a special knack for pouncing when my armies are on the other border, my economy is suffering and other civs happen to have the -1 "you declared war on my friend" modifier with me.

In short, Joao is the best at stabbing me when I don't expect it/ can't do anything about it, and thus, a tip of the hat to him!

Agree. Joao's got that special :backstab: quality.

Easier to say who are not the backstabbers. Anyways, the Jerks awards goes to:

Catherine - my vote
Joao
Peter
Alexander
Shaka
Napoleon
Montezuma
Justinian
Louis XIV
The Khans

Dont trust in a russian, french or mongol in game.

Genghis is 100% reliable. If he hates you, you die. If he loves you, he will never attack. Agree on most others though, perhaps not Louis, which is always a sucker, and Justinian, who is either total powerhouse or vassal.

Also, Brennus doesn't really backstab, but he's good at warring.

Stalin.

He tends to be a mid-late game threat to me on most games that he is in. He always sneaks up on me because he tends to stay Pleased with me for most of the game, then all of a sudden within 2 turns he's annoyed and on my border with 30 Cossacks and 10 Cannons. It's almost like he goes out of his way to create reasons to be mad at you. :mad:

Top Bottom