1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Leader/Civ makes you crazy-volcano-mad?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by dante alighieri, Mar 4, 2008.

?

Which of these civs is the greatest sneaky jerk backstabber?

1. Roosevelt

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  2. Ramesses

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  3. Wang Kon

4 vote(s)
    2.8%
  4. Napoleon

7 vote(s)
    4.8%
  5. Sitting Bull

3 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Mansa Musa

6 vote(s)
    4.1%
  7. Bismarck

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Alexander

9 vote(s)
    6.2%
  9. Boudica

2 vote(s)
    1.4%
  10. Shaka

26 vote(s)
    17.9%
  11. Caesar

6 vote(s)
    4.1%
  12. Catherine

19 vote(s)
    13.1%
  13. Gilgamesh

8 vote(s)
    5.5%
  14. Qin

3 vote(s)
    2.1%
  15. Tokugawa

11 vote(s)
    7.6%
  16. Saladin

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  17. Burger King...I mean Charlamagne

6 vote(s)
    4.1%
  18. Justinian

7 vote(s)
    4.8%
  19. Ugly Kmher dude...I mean Suryavarman

9 vote(s)
    6.2%
  20. Joao

16 vote(s)
    11.0%
  1. CHEESE!

CHEESE! On a long nostalgia trip

That was hilarious. Ive had a bad day and that was the first time ive laughed. Thanks.

2. Guerra

Guerra Warlord

Am I blind or is there no mention of Isabella?

3. Krazy

Krazy Chieftain

Some of these AIs make me wish I could have 3 nukes at 4000BC just to pre-emptive strike some of them... :lol:

Mind you - hands up any of you who have backstabbed another AI yourself?

4. Howitzah

Howitzah Warlord

I just justify it by assuming they're about to backstab me.

Even a Friendly Hatty :goodjob:

5. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

Gilgamesh backstabbed me ounce, never forgave him. >.<

6. Refar

Refar Deity

No one complained yet. :mischief:

The next time i backstab Joao (of cource pre-emtivly, before he backstabs me), he shold not hesitate to come here and blow off some steam by posting a "I really hate those annoying, cheating, human players" - thread :p

7. BalbanesBeoulve

BalbanesBeoulve Emperor

Usually i'll only end up with 1 BFF, and that one i usually won't backstab. Since I've been trading with them they're almost even tech wise, so that's another deterrent. Plus if you take vassals as you go on your military conquest you can get a diplo victory at about 50% land, allowing you to spare your buddy.

8. DMOC

DMOC Mathematician

For me, Catherine since she is imperialistic and creative which makes city grabbing really hard. She also does very very well. I have never played with Joao (he's never appeared in any game I played) so I don't know how fast he expands.

9. afa2000

afa2000 Time to die

Not true. He may attack you even while pleased. Try to be his neighbor and let him have military superiority. Tell me what happens then.

10. Monkeyfinger

Monkeyfinger Deity

The Celtic leaders and the Ottoman leaders are the "never betray friends, ostracize and attack everyone else" type. Genghis isn't quite as trustworthy as them.

11. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

Nearly every AI has a chance to attack you at pleased if they have military superiority. No, what I mean is that he has a "backstab factor" of 0, meaning that if you, per example, deny a request, he'll either DoW you or forget it for now, there's no magic threshold where he starts planning and hiring more soldiers than usual. Either war mode or peace mode, no backstabbing

Brennus not included, Suleiman not included, Boudica not included, you are right. Brennus can easily attack you at pleased, perhaps even friendly. Boudica needs to have a military step ahead, then she'll do you for fun, and, well, Suleiman is the devil himself :devil:

12. BalbanesBeoulve

BalbanesBeoulve Emperor

Brennus and Boudica will not attack at pleased. There's no chance. If you get attack at pleased it's because they decided to attack while they were still cautious and then you got them up to pleased. No civ (even catherine) will decide on their own to attack at friendly, and only Catherine can be bribed to attack someone she's friendly with. Brennus and Boudica can't be bribed to attack civs they're pleased or friendly with. Sounds like they're not backstabbers to me.

Suleiman won't decide to attack at pleased or friendly, but he can be bribed to attack at pleased, so he's a possible backstabber that way. Mehmed won't decide to attack at pleased or friendly, and he can't be bribed to attack a civ they are pleased or friendly, so I'd put him in the trustworthy category.

So Brennus, Boudica, and Mehmed are among the very few warmongers who won't backstab at pleased. Surprisingly Hannibal is in that group too. I'm not sure how he gets his reputation for being a backstabber. he won't decide to attack at pleased or friendly and can't be bribed to attack a civ they're pleased or friendly with. My guess is that he often switches to free religion, so people will drop down to cautious with him once that happens.

Justinian's another warmonger that won't backstab.

13. dubrown

dubrown Prince

Well, my vote has to be on Qin just because he seems to always end up in my games and he's always somewhat unpredictable. Atleast he annoys me to no end with spies, spies, spies, even on very good relations. So I tend to neutralise him asap in most cases.

Other than that I go by the philosophy that there's only backstabbing AIs out there so even when on friendly terms I keep a veary eye on the enemy.., sorry, friend it should be... The only good, non-backstabbing AI that exists is a dead AI. ;)

14. IagoAlberto

IagoAlberto Warlord

I have to heartily disagree with that, Mehmed has attacked me several times at pleased, I wish I still had the games so I could show you the screenshots. These attacks definately fell into the backstab category:mad:

15. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

@Balbanes: Point taken, can't you attach a table of leaders and backstab/bribe reqs? Btw, I knew about the friendly and pleased threshold, but I didn't know what so few AIs has a chance to attack at pleased. Also, I would scratch Mehmed since he isn't really a warmonger...

16. lovetramy

lovetramy Warlord

he already decided to attack you at Catious couple turn ago before you turn him to Pleased

17. BalbanesBeoulve

BalbanesBeoulve Emperor

Yeah, this has all that info http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=236346

I know someone made a chart of it, but i can't find it.

18. Robert Can't

Robert Can't Éponine

im glad im not alone:) :) :)

19. Kao'chai

Kao'chai Newbie in Modding

Is any one annoyed with Joao , Mr. Big and Saladin , Mr. Religion

20. CHEESE!

CHEESE! On a long nostalgia trip

I voted shaka cuz he WILL attack you, but with massive... and the important bit... MODERN stacks! How does he do it?

Joao is INCREDIBLY annoying. He always gets to his 16th city in my game, no exceptions. He will demand tribute at furious.

Izzy is little miss Inquisition.