• Man Musa

Votes: 13 7.3%
  • Julius

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aronnax

Let your spirit be free
I always wondered who was theTop 10 most hated leader.

Anyway i have my money on Isabella followed by Monty

hmm. lately i've been playing games with specific goals in mind for QM, and picking opponents since HoF allows that.

but when i do play with random for a normal game...

i don't hate isabella. i like having her in the mix so i can swear at her and roll my eyes at her fanaticism.

i do hate monty. he's a lunatic that i've never found any use for and his psychotic determination to win means that his mood swings and declarations of war can be actually dangerous even when i'm ahead of him techwise.

toku's probably #2 of the ones i can think of atm. he's just so stingy and won't even open borders. his mother never taught him to share.

if the first two civs i meet are monty and toku, i consider starting another game depending on if i'm in the mood to deal with that dynamic duo or not.

are isabella and monty your #1 and #2, or just who you think will top the list? if the latter, who do you hate the most?

Toku, then Monty.
I know Izzy is unreliable and all, but at least she's good for some trading when you first meet her (unless you're already in another rel, of course).

I have never been able to trade with Toku, he's just :crazyeye:

Toku, then Monty.
I know Izzy is unreliable and all, but at least she's good for some trading when you first meet her (unless you're already in another rel, of course).

I have never been able to trade with Toku, he's just :crazyeye:

That's just his personality. He's the isolationist of Civ, as such he predictably rarely gives open borders and never trades tech, I think. His favorite civic is also mercantilism, an isolationist's civic. While he is pretty agressive, not nearly as much as Monty/Alex/Napoleon/etc, however an isolationist, he's ussually pretty backward.

i hate gengis khan the most because he is warmonger and always asking for tributes. Monty is also warmonger but he usually has weak military so i can conquer his lands without having -you declared war penalty (i play warlord level btw)

[edit] hmm.. maybe that's just because my recent "trauma", when genghis ruined my victory(time) by declaring war on me followed by some AIs on last century

i actually like izzy because usually she spreads a religion to me, i adopt it and then she trades practicaly everything, even AFTER i have declared war

That's just his personality. He's the isolationist of Civ, as such he predictably rarely gives open borders and never trades tech, I think. His favorite civic is also mercantilism, an isolationist's civic. While he is pretty agressive, not nearly as much as Monty/Alex/Napoleon/etc, however an isolationist, he's ussually pretty backward.

Yeah, I know it's his personality. I guess I'm more the caring, sharing type compared to him :D
And when they least expect it... :hammer:
:cool:

issy religion freak

I really hate Genghis Khan, he's always so negative! Although i hate to play against Izzy as well, I like her personality :D She's such a drama queen

I can't stand Tokugawa. There is no way to crack that shell, and he's Agg/Pro so it's not a cakewalk to take him out of the equation, either. I realize he's supposed to be a cold, isolationist bastard, but that doesn't mean I can't dislike him for it.

Monty can be a pain, but he's easy to deal with. Throw a stick, he'll go fetch it, throw it again, he'll play this game forever. He's pretty cheap, too. No wonder he's commonly cited as an attack dog.

Isabella is a total religious nut, but same as Monty, if you need to you can use it to your advantage. If she's close enough to pose a threat, she's close enough that you can catch her religion, convert to it, and send her off to attack someone else.

And I'm not a fan of Gandhi, he's #2 on my bad list. I just can't trust the guy.

Looks like the Civ IV Axis of Evil™ according to the poll is Montezuma, Tokugawa and Isabella.

I'd have to agree that those 3 are the tried and true bastards of Civ. Some other leader here and there might have a bad round, but you can rely on these 3 to be really mental. For me personally, Monty is the worst.

It bothers me that the AI will contact you (Monty does this all the damn time) when they are Furious towards you and ask you to cancel all deals with the Civ with whom you are Friendly and in a defensive pact with. Worse yet is when the furious civ is in last place and your friendly civ is one of the top in score.

"Oh yea Monty, thanks for asking. It hadn't occurred to me that I should abandon my powerful defensive and trading partner of the last 5000 years at the whim of some spaz with a stupid hat that won't even give up an open borders agreement. What's the drama anyways, did they not trade crabs to you when you wanted it? Moron. Yea yea, I'm sure I'll regret it. Talk to you next turn when you're violently offended about some other random civ because they won't give you a free tech."

Maybe we should be able to block incoming calls from some countries :)

Yeah, I just met up with Monty and I was already his worst enemy! Sheesh

Wow, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Catherine. She's very hard to get along with and has attacked me in pretty much every game. Also, I hate her dialogue. Napoleon is another backwards guy who just seems to research military techs and buil enormous armies. Just last game I killed 40+ of his cavalry after making a surprise sea-invasion on Paris. Crazy midget.

*hiss* catherine. she will actually go to war when she's *friendly* with you ... not even monty does that. i hardly ever put her in my games. there's just no point to working her up to friendly if she's THAT moody.

Not so much that i hate him but... Mansa is REALLY annoying. He's always asking you to be his vassal. The first time he asked me, i stupidly said yes and found myself at war with Julius Caesar whom i was trying to get a perm alliance with.

Not so much that i hate him but... Mansa is REALLY annoying. He's always asking you to be his vassal. The first time he asked me, i stupidly said yes and found myself at war with Julius Caesar whom i was trying to get a perm alliance with.

Never knew you could become some one else's vassal in AI games. That sucks.

I think Mansa Musa was asking to BECOME a vassal since to this day I have never once been asked to be a vassal and I have had some pretty humiliating defeats to the AI. I even hoped to be asked, but never was. Plus if you accepted his offer to become your vassal, you would automatically end up in war with whoever he was fighting.

I picked Izzy though because she just seems to hate me. It must be because she and I both like to establish religion and we NEVER have the same state religion. Really though, she's just mean to me and conquistadores are all bullies.

Sorry english isnt my first language.

I meant he ask me to be MY vassal

I hate Alex , Monty I know will always attack me and will be a bit technologically backward and easier to take out. But that Alex attacks me when I am his best friend that too with a good stack. He also keeps up technologically.

Top Bottom