Which leader image do you like the most?

Which leader image do you like the most?

• America Washington

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Arabia Harun al-Rashid

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Aztec Montezuma

Votes: 70 28.8%
  • China Wu Zetian

Votes: 15 6.2%
  • Egypt Ramesses II

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • England Elizabeth I

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • France Napoleon I

Votes: 10 4.1%
  • Germany Otto von Bismarck

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Greece Alexander

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • India Gandhi

• Iroquois Hiawatha

• Japan Oda Nobunaga

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Ottoman Suleiman the Magnificent

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Persia Darius

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Rome Augustus Caesar

Votes: 8 3.3%
  • Russia Catherine

Votes: 34 14.0%
  • Siam Ramkhamhaeng

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Songhai Askia

Votes: 36 14.8%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 10 4.1%

• Total voters
Some leaders are really rushed and not well done at all.. again catherine, but also ghandi (posture and general gestures make him look really pathetic and freaky, he reminds me of gollum somehow),...

Well said.:lol: It's definitely not the best Ghandi in civ series.:crazyeye::crazyeye:

I like how Harun al-Rashid is basically chilling on his back porch when you're talking to him. It's just a very pleasant looking place, and he seems very cool and composed.

Askia is terrific as people mentioned.

But when I'm playing with friends, I'm almost always Wu Zetian, she's my bff, and I love her expressions.

Nobunaga Oda is probably my least favorite. Also, special mention goes out to George Washington for managing to look entirely sinister when you meet him, clutching that globe like a super-villain planning to rule the world.

Am I the only one who thinks Darius is awesome?

The backround looks amazing and he looks like a boss, and his animations are realistic and completely avoid being over the top like Monty (who looks sweet)

Ramses is cool too

Harun al-Rashid...

Wow, he does have a sword. :eek:

That guy looks friendly and relaxed, even at war. :)

Also, Darius gets my vote too. Great music and background. However, he's in the throne room but where's his chair? :lol:

I cant believe i'm the only one who voted for Siam O_o
I was torn between Siam and China, mainly because my heart flutters whenever I hear a female speak chinese, but Siam's screen is so peaceful and he acts so friendly if you are on good terms, i always feel happy when he proposes something LOL. But yeah, he sounds like a crying baby when he's mad at you, which is why i always end up on good terms with him lol.

But i think the main reason is that he sounds like an actual human being, a polite human. Not like a friggin animal like Montezuma, Napoleon (look at how he moves his head when he says hi, who the heck moves like that irl? its like a cartoon), or Suileman. BY MY BEARD AND MY BELLY, i greet you! LOL ?

As for the rest, meh, they are cool in their own unique way, but dont really evoke any emotions for me. Bismark is so dull, so is George Washington, Montezuma just looks wierd, more like a rabid animal than an actual human being, Catherine looks the most human, i like the room too, Elizabeth looks like a robot and Oda looks cool but he doesnt quite "feel" japanese to me, something about the way he moves feels unfit.
Harun al-Rashid's background and palace is INSANELY sweet though, i'd like to live there.
And Ghandi.. He just stands by that desolate rocky coast all his life, it must get pretty cold there at night. Why not put him in a market or something?
Oh and almost forgot Alexander, he also moves like a cartoon, or more like a 15 year old brat. This was a great general who conquered countless nations and tribes, yet he acts as if he'd be scared of a mouse.

Wow, Siam finally got its first vote.:lol::lol:
I like him when he is peaceful too. And the pronunciation of Siamese sounds lovely to me.

The funniest things when i played Oda is soundtrack played some Vietnamese traditional music, not Japanese :D.

I voted Oda. He looks like a wise man in a quiet field contemplating what to do with his armies/politics/diplomacy.

But as soon as I voted I noticed that Askia got a lot of votes. I forgot about that one (he somehow isn't often in my games, or really far away on another continent). Perhaps that one is even better.

Monty is a little over the top and looks more like a witch doctor then a leader.

I agree that the way the leaders look (with their backgrounds and native tongues) are one part that improved a lot compared to previous versions. If every part was improved the way this was then there would probably not be any complaint...

Voted for Montezuma for his neat language and gestures. Btw, is Aztec language still spoken? How do they know how it sounds?

Voted for Montezuma for his neat language and gestures. Btw, is Aztec language still spoken? How do they know how it sounds?

Nahuatl still has over a million native speakers, mostly in rural parts of central Mexico (in some areas, it's even the official language, rather than Spanish). It's not identical to the Classic Nahuatl spoken by the Aztecs, but it can be very close.

It's a polysynthetic language like a lot of the native tongues of the America, or like Finnish or Hungarian, which means that many words are formed by cramming together lots of syllables and suffixes together from smaller words or ideas.

I find it funnier that you know the difference...

;-)

I find it impressive that he knows the difference ^_^

Also, I gotta agree with the guy who said Alexander looks out of place. The guy conquered half the known world and he looks and acts like he wants to go to the mall and listen to Fallout Boy =p

He's the only one I think they totally missed the mark on.

Also, I gotta agree with the guy who said Alexander looks out of place. The guy conquered half the known world and he looks and acts like he wants to go to the mall and listen to Fallout Boy =p

He's the only one I think they totally missed the mark on.

Alexander did die an early age, and he was crowned king only at 20 years old. So I think the image that Fraixs is trying to approach is a young and ambitious one.
Well, at least they got the "young" part right.

I have played only 5/6 games so far but it seems the AI tends to assign always the same opponents in fact I am usually accompanied by the same opposite civs with very few differences, despiting of course the AI opponents are set to random.

I am pretty much always against Japan, Ottomans, Greece and alternatively China and Iroquis...

I have never seen Aztecs.....

The funniest things when i played Oda is soundtrack played some Vietnamese traditional music, not Japanese :D.

In fact, I think the Asian music are all mixed up as whole. Sometimes I hear the same soundtrack when I play India and China.
So when you are playing Japan, the background music isn't necessarily Japanese. But it should definitely be Asian.

Only the very first song you hear when you start a new game or load a save is the civ-specific music, the rest is general for all Asian nations (or European, african or american).

Edit: ah you beat me XD

I have played only 5/6 games so far but it seems the AI tends to assign always the same opponents in fact I am usually accompanied by the same opposite civs with very few differences, despiting of course the AI opponents are set to random.

I am pretty much always against Japan, Ottomans, Greece and alternatively China and Iroquis...

I have never seen Aztecs.....

Then play more games, or don't do random leaders. The game doesn't have a memory of what leaders were in previous games, so you're bound to see some of the same leaders appearing in such few games.

Alexander did die an early age, and he was crowned king only at 20 years old. So I think the image that Fraixs is trying to approach is a young and ambitious one.
Well, at least they got the "young" part right.

My friend (who doesn't play civ), said that Alexander looks like some guy from "beverly hills 90210". Now I don't know who is he talking about (never watched that show), but maybe someone of you guys knows what's the deal?

Only the very first song you hear when you start a new game or load a save is the civ-specific music, the rest is general for all Asian nations (or European, african or american).

Edit: ah you beat me XD

This.

Then play more games, or don't do random leaders. The game doesn't have a memory of what leaders were in previous games, so you're bound to see some of the same leaders appearing in such few games.

Yeah I decided to play all my games at random until I tried every civ. After 7 games 5 of them were with middle-eastern civs and 2 Asian. :lol: I almost started to doubt the randomness of random. :crazyeye:

Top Bottom