1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Which leader to play?

Discussion in 'Team Kazakhstan' started by donsig, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Indiansmoke

Indiansmoke Deity

Lizzy is obviously a great choice, but I would prefer Pascal for quick early development (fast workers and granaries).

Charismatic I find the worst trait in the game after protective.
    Expansive, philosophical, organized and imperialistic are much better.

2. Indiansmoke

Indiansmoke Deity

Pascal UU is not bad...especially if you find you have no copper!!!

Creative will be great in such a game with much space. First we can skip religion and monuments=faster expansion

Second our quick border pops will minimize barb issues

and most importantly we will have cheap libraries...early cheap libraries mean faster tech and faster academy in capital..

3. Kaleb

Kaleb Deity

True, but are we even going to need spearmen as we aren't likely to have much early conflict (based on the map discussions) and barbs don't have horses..

True, cheap libraries will mean quicker scientists and that does compliment the Financial trait well... hmm. Still, weak UU and UB are a big minus.

But I think I prefer Pacal's expansive trait and UB. Pacal's starting techs are also perfect for getting early religion.

How important is the Redcoat though? It will be a much more useful UU than the E Indiaman or Holkan surely??

Both are good for REX which is why I also liked Victoria. Lots of cities, lots of tech. The only strategy we know we need to have.

4. Indiansmoke

Indiansmoke Deity

UU is not that important..true Redcoats are better that all the other UU Financial leaders have, but still it should not be the deciding factor.

On the Dutch UB I think it is one of the best in the game. Being able to build it in coastal cities, not needing a river and also providing hammers to coastal tiles is a huge boost for late game...

In theory Elizabeth is the best leader, but in practice I have found that it is more difficult to use and it is map dependant (you need lots of food).

But I am ok with any of the financial leaders I mentioned....

5. Kaleb

Kaleb Deity

So we are basically needed to decide which trait we prefer to go with Financial: Expansionist, Creative, Imperialist or Phil.

6. Indiansmoke

Indiansmoke Deity

Yes...Organized (Darious) is also a very good choice...

7. Kaleb

Kaleb Deity

Not sure how big a map it's going to be and therefore how useful Org will be. I think I am starting to lean towards expansionist. Cheap granaries + chopping will help early production. Extra health will always be handy and we can get an early religion for some culture. Cheaper workers also help.

There may be some post-astronomy land to colonise so sea may be a factor, in which case the Dutch UU and UB may be more important after all. I have been asking for this 'new world' in the map discussions but it will be Sulla's decision at the end of the day.