Which leader will you play as first?

cjm81499

Chieftain
Of course, not all of them have had their first looks, but as of now, who do you think you will play as first?

I personally intend to play of China as of now. A nice little bonus to science will help to not fall behind while trying to adjust to it, and that cannon thing looks cool. Plus good builders and frankly a very nice tile improvement. They just seem like a good first faction to me (and a good one in general.)

Who will you play as first?

I'll probably do random, then reroll a few times until I get the civ that I like the most anyway. I'll figure it out when I get there.

I doubt you wanted something long, but I'll give it anyway.

I've always been warmongery, though my plays don't always end with domination (I prefer just enough warmongering to basically ensure that other civs can't achieve their own intended victories). My main ventures into strategy games started with Starcraft/Warcraft and Advance Wars, so my interests in Civ are focused mostly on combat (though it's rather thin) and area control (which is quite a big deal in Civ).

1. Norway
It's tied with Scythia, but I'm very interested in seeing how much improvement Civ6's Norway has over Civ5's Denmark, and how much the improvements matter. The Longships having a coastal raiding ability will be fun to play around with. Efficient embark/disembark is what I'm most interested in; as someone who misses Civ2's air units actually being on the map and likes airships and hover units, this is about as close as it'll get for high mobility units in a mainline Civ game.

2. Scythia
Scythia's individual elements technically aren't new, but they're put together in a very exciting package. A strength bonus versus weakened units and restoring HP on kill will support opportunistic strikes that can develop into a nice big snowball. Will be even more fun with ranged units. Civ5 has precedence for deploying multiple free units at once, but those were restricted to wonders or tenants. Scythia can deploy a free copy of a unit (of specific parameters) each time to an encampment district, and I'll be very happy to take advantage of that. I'm hoping there'll be a policy that lets me deploy free copies of any type of unit in any time period to the city's encampment/harbor (I very much doubt this'll happen though).

3. England
Once again England has a nice naval movement bonus, and I usually like playing civs with good mobility. I'm somewhat curious about Sea Dogs; they seem to be Privateer replacements, which are normally melee naval units. But I think in the video for England, the Sea Dogs had a ranged attack, so I'm wondering if they capture ships at a distance with sentient cannon balls, or if they still have to move in and perform a melee attack.

There are other civs like Germany and Spain which I probably have more interest in over the other civs, but I'm too lazy to write up any further explanations.

I have not changed my opinion since First Looks were first... uh looked at. Still going with this amazing version of America.

Heh, America. I usually just go alphabetical until I've played them all. They'd be first right? Or did I miss one?

And yes, thankfully America looks fun this time around.

Historically I have always played Rome first, and never played anyone else. Seriously the only civ I have played since Civ2.

I normally play Rome or Germany first and so far I'm still leaning that way unless the last first looks WOW me

Japan so I can build a raman noodle empire. That is what their bonuses are geared toward right? Making their cities look like raman noodles?

I have not changed my opinion since First Looks were first... uh looked at. Still going with this amazing version of America.

This was me too! Well it was until Rome's first look; I really like their expansion focus and going really wide, especially after CiV is so attractive. I think I'm still leaning America but we'll see. I also agree with you about taking America in a great new direction. Focus on culture with enough Military to enforce that "Big Stick" play-style.

Going America first.

I'm more inclined to use the combat bonus to just carve out the entire continent and make it mine early though. May not be in the spirit of "Big Stick" but goes pretty well with "Manifest Destiny."

Greece -> France -> Brazil -> China -> Egypt -> Kongo -> Rome -> Spain -> Norway -> Aztec -> Scythia -> Germany -> Japan -> America -> England -> India

I am withholding judgment until I see what the bonuses for Russia and Arabia are. Among the revealed civs, I'd like to try France, Spain, and Germany first.

Either Greece or Rome- whom ever isnt first will be second, and the third will be Scythia

Most probably Rome or Sumer (although Greece is quite attractive).

Historically I have always played Rome first, and never played anyone else. Seriously the only civ I have played since Civ2.

That's awesome!

This is kinda like the "how will your first game look like" thread.

I'm doing either Germany first, because the military and production bonuses should help make sure noone tries to mess with me, and I also want to see how valuable the bonuses are (except +1 military card which I know will be good already)

Alternatively Norway, try to mainly just settle along the coast and forests, and see if the coastal raids are worth much good. Push for the great lighthouse or venetian arsenal, and dominate the oceans.

I'm liking the Rome reveal

Top Bottom