Which leaders run away most often in your games?

JP1

Warlord
Has anybody noticed that certain AI-controlled leaders seem to do drastically better or worse than the others in games they play? I'd kind of like to know if there are certain AIs which seem to do better because of the flavors/traits they are given, or if it's just all in my head.

For example, in my games, Hiawatha almost always seems to be doing quite well, and I've had him be the runaway AI in more of my games than any other leader. Napoleon also seems to do fairly well in a lot of my games. On the other hand, Wu Zeitan is rarely a problem, even if she has a lot of land.

Either Ramkhamhaeng or Genghis here.

Hiawatha probably would have been the run away in my last two games if I hadn't been actively undermining him by gifting military units to anyone who happened to be fighting him.

After two wars that ended up being WAY more costly to him than he thought they'd be he ended up getting nearly wiped out by Germany (who themselves took some big hits when I kept gifting units to Hiawatha :)

Everyone on the other continent was nicely weakened by the time my artillery and tanks landed on their shores.

Strangely enough, the few games I have been playing (largely down to work, rather than disinterest) have been dominated by Gussie Cesar.

Hiawatha #1 - Non Aggressive so not many PoS against him, start bias + UU/UA destroys attacking AIs.

Elizabeth #2 - Longbows destroy other AIs but aggressive nature can lead to getting stopped before medieval.

Rhamkhamhaeng #3 - Anti-Warmongering leads to destroying defenseless AIs whos armies are elsewhere + resourceless knight spam gives him a big advantage.

Hiawatha for me... Not sure what it is about him but he always ends up with a HUGE empire compared to everyone else. Only exception is the game I'm playing now, he's fairly weak which surprised me a lot. America is running the show on that one.

Hiawatha, Ramkhamhaeng, and strangely, Bismark. On the other hand, India always seems to get crushed the earliest.

Hiawatha. In one game (immortal), he had rifles when I still had horsemen. Most other civs didn't even have muskets yet. I mean, I can understand a few tech bonuses here and there, but what the hell!(

Yeah, I mostly started the topic to see if the 'AI for Hiawatha is just stronger' thing was just my imagination. I suppose I kept the results from being totally unbiased by letting people know my opinion first, but I feel fairly validated seeing the responses here.

That's funny that. In most of my games Hiawatha's normally one of the first to go.

Normally Siam does well. Monty's always trouble as well. As is Russia... hate playing against all 3 of'm!

Zetty, though she's bipolar: either puny or runaway.

Siam, China. Japan, Hiawathia, and Germany are situational. As is Askia.

Egypt and Rome never seem to do well.

What, no Greece? Whenever I find the second continent, and Greece is on it, they'll own most of it.

For me, it's always Siam. Grrr I absolutely hate that guy. :mad:

I tried a "King" game once (just to see if I would die), and Siam had riflemen by 1400, I think. :lol: His cities were all 10 + population, and he was owning everybody on the map. He also tried to DOW me in an easier game where I won cultural victory.

I have always found Washington and Oda Nobunaga to be annoying to play against. Washington because of his REXing, and Oda Nobunaga because his forces (especially if more advanced) are a bear to fight against.

Strangely enough, the few games I have been playing (largely down to work, rather than disinterest) have been dominated by Gussie Cesar.

I hate his city spamming. Oddly enough, though, for me he will have like 20+ cities, but all of his cities will never amount to anything. :lol::)

Top Bottom