Votes: 92 39.0%
  • Large

Votes: 57 24.2%
  • Huge

Votes: 55 23.3%
  • A Giganta size Mod (please post)

Votes: 6 2.5%

• Total voters
I do think, however, that the ship movement points were geared toward the small map (they really haven't changed all that much since the very first Civilization from 1991, and the only map size offered in that game more or less corresponded to the "small" map size today.
:clap:

I always play Huge/Marathon, unless it's some kind of scenario. Some things don't scale well and sea movemnt is one of them.

standard for me most times, sometimes play on large one. Never played huge ones...my pc proly would go on a coma if i try :crazyeye:

LARGE AND INCHARGE!![pimp] even though my computer can't handle it in the later parts of the game:wallbash: I still prefer having many civs and trying to play with them all.....not saying that I win every game, even on noble:lol: but i still have fun:woohoo:

I guess it WOULD be large, but as of right now, my comp can't load any size.

IAM Huge and Marathon and that seems tiny and fast to me.

"When I come back no more Mr. Nice Guy." Adolf Hitler :goodjob:

I prefer Large with less than the standard amount of Civs. This does not always favor me - sometimes you get rapped in a small portion of a continent by two or 3 Civs that start close to you or build cities close to you to cut you off from resources - which is ok, War over resources being a good part of game-play.

I prefer Large with less than the standard amount of Civs. This does not always favor me - sometimes you get rapped in a small portion of a continent by two or 3 Civs that start close to you or build cities close to you to cut you off from resources - which is ok, War over resources being a good part of game-play.
oh and I use Epic.

huge map, marathon speed, terra map ... Now, there's a continent over there across the pond full of barbs, waiting to be exploited. if you can beeline to astronomy in good time, you can have great advantage over the AI, and once I beat monarch with this setting. now I'm gonna try emperor. it's really fun.

I like all maps but I will never take out AIs . I'll let whatever map have all the available AI spaces filled in , basically I won't touch it .

I tend to like standard maps the best , they are not to big and not too small . I mean I can see how it would be nice to have a large map with the number of AIs the standard map offers . More room is always nice to get a nice start . Still , I think it spoils the player , especially if you want to get better at playing .

I rather enjoy having AIs tucked up next to me . The reasons are simple :

1. It forces me to focus on building settlers and play faster and figure how to be more efficiant at fast expansion while still covering my basic military obligations ( i.e. don't leave myself open for an a$$ whoopin )

2. Its actually more conveniant to go to war in a smaller space beacuse its faster , doesn't require more movement . Its also easier to dispatch missionaries and spies to enemy cities .

3. Keeps me on my toes with diplomacy .

4. Constatly keeps me on the defensive . Yes you can be offensive and defensive at the sametime . Defensive is an automatic must for higher level games .

This is particularly why I have taken a liking to Creative civs , especially on smaller maps . That culture pop is so important for me . I've sorta developed into a ' culture monger' if there is such a term . I'm not talking about cultural victories , but rather the normal conquest/domination game . I have a nasty habit of flipping cities , both against AI and even human players online . This is why I am getting really comfortable with Creative civs ( more precisely Pericles Cre/Phi) since I have mastered the arts of a successful SE and mass producing GP like its no ones business . Basically nearly all of my cities are GP farms with caste system/pacificsm ( which I use in the majority of the game unless I go to war or am planning to do an attack, then I switch to vasslage/theocracy for a while). I love enemy border cities because I love dropping those culture bombs on the borders :) . Its like getting some free cities without mobilizing one troop :) Keeps my economy stable too .

Huge/Marathon have been optimized for maximum enjoyment.

I play standard maps customised with 12 civs, Monarch, Big and small.
Standard game can be finished in a reasonable time.
I really love the diplomacy aspect of such a game. You have to think twice before attacking your neigbour. The politics remind me of the real world. The vassal and defense pact relationships can get quite complex.

Top Bottom