Which modmod would you recommend for a PBEM?

Imperator Knoedel

Simperator Knoedel
See title. Is Vanilla good enough or should we use something else? If yes, what? I'd like it to be pretty close to basic FFH as that's complex enough as it is for newcomers, so no extra civs and such, but improvements to balance and bugfixes are very welcome.

Extramodmod, it has the better AI from MNAI and the much better game balance from Eitb, without changing the gameplay too much.

I'm still not convinced that the MNAI AI is actually to my taste, but I seem to be in the minority with my opinion that opportunistic psychopathic warmongering is not equal to quality.

Very good, when will that be?

Btw, would you like to join aforementioned game?

Timezones are irrelevant for PBEMs, believe me.

If your PBEM is against humans only, play EitB- it's made with PBEM balance in mind and the input of over a dozen FFH MP veterans.

If you're going to have AI civs included, probably EMM. I've never played it before, but the AI in EitB isn't much better than regular FFH (which is to say, terrible).

Timezone coordination is absolutely vital for PBEMs. Having players ordered without regard for playing slot availability will reduce the pace from a turn a day (typically the ideal) to a couple a week.

Timezone coordination is absolutely vital for PBEMs. Having players ordered without regard for playing slot availability will reduce the pace from a turn a day (typically the ideal) to a couple a week.

That works nicely in theory darling, but my two years experience says otherwise.

That works nicely in theory darling, but my two years experience says otherwise.
it's so fun to read that adressed to Realms-Beyond/EitB players ^^
(which I am not... but BobCW is one )

it's so fun to read that adressed to Realms-Beyond/EitB players ^^
(which I am not... but BobCW is one )

1 day turn rotations are nothing but an utopian fever dream, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Heh. You're welcome to try starting or joining a PBEM at RB if you'd like to learn how to run a MP game.

I'd have to ask that you keep the attitude at home though. Being both condescending and arrogantly wrong isn't going to fly beyond this board. Especially if you were the one asking for advice in the first place.

Good luck getting your game running.

Heh. You're welcome to try starting or joining a PBEM at RB if you'd like to learn how to run a MP game.

No thank you, I am in plenty good games at CivFanatics. *hrmpfs furiously*

I'd have to ask that you keep the attitude at home though. Being both condescending and arrogantly wrong isn't going to fly beyond this board. Especially if you were the one asking for advice in the first place.

I am at home.

Good luck getting your game running.

...Thanks I guess?

Btw Gekko who is that friend of yours who might be interested?

Top Bottom