Which movie(s) have you seen lately? - Episode IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love Actually - always an amusing cheesy movie to watch. 8/10.

High Fidelity - another fun romantic movie, with a lot of good humour. 8/10.

In the Shadow of the Moon - excellent documentary on the Apollo program. 9/10.

Bottle Shock. Nice enough movie based on the true story of California Napa Valley wines becoming respected world wide. Nothing really special.

Parkin, may I suggest the book for High Fidelity. It's brilliant.

Watched Up recently. Great film but somewhat depressing to begin with if I do say so....

Parkin, may I suggest the book for High Fidelity. It's brilliant.
Thanks, I'll definitely check it out. It's a Nick Hornby one, right? I do like his writing, so I'll have to read this one. :)

I watched "From Russia With Love" earlier this week. Noticed for the first time a strong resemblance between Robert Shaw here and Daniel Craig. The train fight is definitely one of my favorite fight scenes in these movies.

Yeah, all the overhyping and rosy retrospection tends to dash people's hopes on that film, sorry to hear you were put through it too.

Thanks, I'll definitely check it out. It's a Nick Hornby one, right? I do like his writing, so I'll have to read this one. :)

It is, it's quite similar but I read it soon after breaking up with my girlfriend and found it hilarious.

Just watched the Iron Giant last night. Outstanding, "no school like the old school"

I saw two really good movies today; The Prestige and Leben der Anderen.

awesome! A little variation from yesterday when i saw saw 6.

Gran torino
Six string Samurai
Hounddog
Funny Games

Gran Torino was the best.

Burn After Reading is pretty funny. I don't know what genre it fits into, but it reminded of The Square, which is a black comedy.

And the other night I saw The Last King of Scotland which was pretty decent, although repetitive at times.

Oh, and I saw Surrogates about a month ago. Interesting premise, something that a lot could've been made from; but it was way too short. I felt like it finished just as it was getting into the story.

had another go at the Stardust movie after rereading the book. it was a pretty decent retelling of the story while having some great Pfeiffer and de Niro moments. still very enjoyable but then again I try not to nitpick when it comes to book-to-movie conversions so minor differences never bother me.

excellent movie.

I just finished watching District 9.
I didnt like it. The whole movie seemed badly made and insignificant, although this could be because i was actually expecting something good. Also i was really hoping that in the end the massive alien ship would just destroy the entire city for revenge...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom