Which movie(s) have you seen lately? - Episode IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a blue ray player (aka ps3).. i wanted to christen it with something worthy, and watch something cool in 42inch 1080p.. so I bought Terminator 2 :)

I love that movie, and it was sooo good in high def. I am *really* glad I bought all the things that made this experience possible. That was a brilliant move on my part and a great start to the holidays.

Saw the beginning of the Inglorious Bastards. Kind of impressive direction and acting with gripping opening scenes, but it smelled a little fishy (too revisionistic) for my tastes.

Saw the beginning of the Inglorious Bastards. Kind of impressive direction and acting with gripping opening scenes, but it smelled a little fishy (too revisionistic) for my tastes.

I've seen it. It's a genre referred to as revenge fantasy, where you get to rewrite history how you would have liked for it to have happened.

I've seen it. It's a genre referred to as revenge fantasy, where you get to rewrite history how you would have liked for it to have happened.

Wasn't that what WW2 was to Germany? But anyways....

Into the wild
Wings of Desire
An American Crime

Next up: MirrorMask

I watched To Kill A Mockingbird again today. Still as good as ever. Might start watching Brazil later.

Brazil rocked. FX are very dated though.

Went to see Sherlock Holmes with some friends today. While it was a fairly standard actiony-comedy film overall, I found it really entertaining and fun. Downey can really act.

It kinda seemed that they were trying to make Holmes almost like Captain Jack Sparrow though. But with significantly less rum.

I watched To Kill A Mockingbird again today. Still as good as ever. Might start watching Brazil later.

I don't want to spoil the movie for whoever hasn't seen To Kill a Mockingbird yet, but

Spoiler :
I have to say that Gregory Peck's character has to be the most naive character to believe that Tom was killed because "he tried to escape." A lot of the movie has a very naive and white-washed quality to it. I still enjoyed watching, but there are certainly flaws to it.

I don't want to spoil the movie for whoever hasn't seen To Kill a Mockingbird yet, but

Spoiler :
I have to say that Gregory Peck's character has to be the most naive character to believe that Tom was killed because "he tried to escape." A lot of the movie has a very naive and white-washed quality to it. I still enjoyed watching, but there are certainly flaws to it.

Spoiler :
I always took it as he didn't believe that story at all, and he just goes on as he does to protect his own kids' innocence, or at least what's left after the trial. The movie (and book) is, after all, from the perspective of a eight-year old girl.

Went to see Sherlock Holmes with some friends today. While it was a fairly standard actiony-comedy film overall, I found it really entertaining and fun. Downey can really act.

It kinda seemed that they were trying to make Holmes almost like Captain Jack Sparrow though. But with significantly less rum.

No mystery?!??!?! :confused: I'm planning on seeing it just to see the redeemed Downey. Sounds like he can act, from his other recent movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom