Which movie(s) have you seen lately? - Episode IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Red Baron aka Der Rote Baron.

how many more movies do we need to realize that

a) Till Schweiger indeed does have a horrible accent and only German girls seem to regard him as dreamy.
b) German movies do, as a rule, have decent photography but
c) horrible and clichéd writing
d) substitute quality for length of the movie
e) the only German movies to have had any impact at all since Lola rennt are movies about our sordid past. it is borderline necrophilia tbh. or a hunt for the Oscar for best foreign film....

sheesh

The Edukators was good, and that didnt rely on the past. Although of course, Good Bye Lenin! was very good, but that was on the past.

drawing a blank here, the educators....

ah, the intratubes to the rescue! Die fetten Jahre sind vorbei.

I have not seen that movie so I will take your word for it.

Yeah, got that Daniel Bruehl and that Croatian Erceg guy. They are good, as are the looks of that woman. I recommend it to you.

Manche Menschen aendern sich nie.

I am 18 does that mean I have to file taxes even though I don't really have any income? Can I still file under my mom?
I liked that movie. Very thought provoking, but it had its funny moments.

Wow talk about wrong thread. I thought this was the general question thread for some reason.

I saw "The Big Lebowski" for the first time two days ago. I don't understand why it is such a hit with all the frat-boys around here. It wasn't all that great but at the same time, I didn't regret watching it.

300 [2006] liked it, could be more indept but the graphics, characters (Xerxes is a bizar creature) and atmosphere compensate for a lot

mongol [2007] Russian movie by Sergei Bodrov about the life of Ghengis Khan. They putted too much into it, depsite that I enjoyed watching it. No silly banging hollywood effects in it, thank god.

Stauffenberg [2004] The german original from 2004. Now Tom Cruise is playing Stauffenberg in Valkyrie.

Afghan Knights [2007] a horrible movie, biggest junk I have ever seen. The core of the movie is some nonsense in an Afghan cave.

Alien VS Predator [2004] Could not hold my attention, everything else at that time was more interestig: the newspaper, hearth-fire, my mug with milk, the carpet.

King Arthur [2004] Great movie, it is epic and I like that.

Latest flick caught on the big screen:

"Låt den rätte komma in" / "Let the right one in"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICp4g9p_rgo

Well blow me...:eek:
Sweden made a vampire flick, and it might not be cause for national shame. The novel it's based on is pretty damn awsome, so there was something to work with.:satan:

Milk, it was very good

apparently I pay too much attention to US politics...

Dubyah: entertaining. decent Bush impression and those are always fun. didn't blow me away though.

Swing Vote: K. Costners redeeming movie mayhaps? didn't like the ending but you have to honour the one time Hollywood gets out a movie with a child actor that doesn't make you grind your teeth after 2 minutes. enjoyable overall, somebody over at imdb compared it to Dave but those are hard shoes to fill. got my fair share of tears though so I won't complain too much (I usually cry at the movies, I am a big wuss, sue me).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom