Which movie(s) have you seen lately? - Episode IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leatherheads. Kind of cute for a few minutes, but put me to sleep.

I'm mostly liking the tv series Cowboy Bepop though. Episodes are a bit short and repetively karmic conclusions. The music is decent though.

Paul Blart: Mall Cop, at first i was really opposed to the idea but I actually really liked the movie. It was pretty funny.

Valkyrie. Tom Cruise was wooden, I thought all of the characters were poorly portrayed, particularly Hitler. The fact that most of the Germans had English accents was idiotic. The direction of scenes was poor throughout. As a whole, after 2 hours I was convinced I had been sitting there for at least 3.

as I said, if you want Germans with (even more idiotic) German accents when they talk in English (not even going to comment) just watch The Red Baron. I used to agree with you but that "movie" has cured me. I'll take Tom Cruise, thank you very much (though I have not seen Valkyrie, I reserve the right to refute this statement).

if you want a (frighteningly) good Hitler you can always watch Der Untergang.

Paul Blart Mall Cop

It was okay.

Just saw 'Appaloosa,' and would recommend it to anyone who likes westerns.

I also saw 'Eagle Eye,' and thought it was a decent movie. It reminded me too much of Portal though...kind of a mix of Portal and Terminator.

Leatherheads. Kind of cute for a few minutes, but put me to sleep.

I'm mostly likely the tv series Cowboy Bepop though. Episodes are a bit short and repetively karmic conclusions. The music is decent though.
I was very excited to watch Leatherheads & the movie was a total let down. It had a few good moments but overall it sucked.

Saw Underworld: Rise of the Lycans today. It was ok.

Just saw The Darwin Awards (Apparently they made a movie) and it was hilarious. Also it had the guys from mythbusters in it so that was cool.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Darwin_Awards_(film)
Thanks for the heads up... I just checked it out myself, and it's a pretty funny movie. I recognised most of the "darwin situations" from the books, but it was still fairly fresh and amusing to see on the big screen. :)

Saw Underworld: Rise of the Lycans today. It was ok.
How would you compare it to the first 2? As good, not as good, or better?

Was there really an American plan to kill Adolf Hitler?

How would you compare it to the first 2? As good, not as good, or better?

I'd say it was better then the 2nd one, Not as good as the first. I still think Viktor is the best character in the series.

I'd say it was better then the 2nd one, Not as good as the first. I still think Viktor is the best character in the series.
Cool, thanks. :goodjob:

dude... you did not just diss Rhona Mitra on MY WATCH! nuh-uh! *finger-snap*

Mystery Science Theater 300 the movie and This Island Earth lol They were both in the same movie.

1408: Well made horror film that actually had a somewhat likable character that you could care about. I found the only major issue was that the ending wasn't overly satisfying. (Apparently I saw the "alternate" version, the "proper" version sounds like it was somewhat better.)

Gran Torino: Awesome movie, Clint Eastwood is amazing as the grumpy old man. You have to constantly adjust your opinion of the characters as the film progresses. Highly recommended.

Slumdog Millionaire: Definitely a good film, kept me entertained. Some of the "nastier" parts were a bit unexpected though. Also it was hard to hear what was being said at times (a few mumbled lines which were tricky to catch, especially with the accents). Worth watching though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom