Which Movies Have You Seen Lately? V for Five

You can't rate Spinal Tap any lower than 11.

There, I broke your system :smug:

The other night I got The Lord of The Rings animated version from the 70s via Netflix. I'd remembered loving it as a kid, so I was really looking forward to it. It was horrible. I cannot believe I ever liked it even as a kid. I stopped watching it after 30 minutes. I felt bad mailing it back to netflix because it'll still be able to ruin someone's evening. Should have just thrown it away.

Yeah, my baseball bat and I still want to have a talk with Peter about Tom Bombadil and other things...

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I... watched "Twilight: Eclipse"... I didn't understand the purpose of the movie...

Saw The Social Network today. The characterisation of Zuckeberg was good; you could simultaneously hate him and have sympathy for him for his pride getting in the way of his desire to apologise. Also, the soundtrack was good. 8/10.

Also, I bought Snatch, The Matrix, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Inglourious Basterds and Sin City today, which I'm lookig forward to watching/rewatching.

Saw some of XXX State of the Union last night. Crappy movie, not one I'd ordinarily watch. But Sunny Mabrey was in it :love:

Yeah, my baseball bat and I still want to have a talk with Peter about Tom Bombadil and other things...

I still don't think Bombadil would have fit the movie. There are a few things I would have done differently but overall it was about the best anyone could really hope for.

Saw some of XXX State of the Union last night. Crappy movie, not one I'd ordinarily watch. But Sunny Mabrey was in it :love:

That was one of the worst pieces of crap I've ever seen in my life :p

What we won't watch for a hot chick.... :blush:

I had the night off from work tonight so the Mrs. and I went to see Harry Potter 7. I honestly think the story works better as a movie than it did as a book, at least so far. Highlights for me were the scene at the ministry and the animated sequence for the tale about the three brothers. Worst scene was the chase through the woods. Shaky-cam that atrocious needs to be banned.

EDIT: The other lowlight of the night was the hillbilly lady in the line next to us at the concession stand. She wouldn't shut up about how her bottled water was being prepared incorrectly by the concessions staff. She wanted to see the manager, she wanted it half-price because of the alleged stupidity of the concessions staff, and by God she wanted it with ice, THE RIGHT WAY DAMMIT, or she'd call the cops and have them hauled off to jail, or sue, or something. And she just had to have exactly the kind of southern accent you'd expect this sort of person to have. I just wanted my Coke and cotton candy. :rolleyes:

Watched Gangs of New York.

It was interesting since there has been a rise of xenophobia lately...

The soundtrack was kinda bad though.

Harry Potter; not as bad as I thought it would be.

Martacus said:
Highlights for me were the scene at the ministry and the animated sequence for the tale about the three brothers.

Those were both awesome.

Martacus said:
Worst scene was the chase through the woods. Shaky-cam that atrocious needs to be banned.

I thought the awkward dance scene was the worst.

A bunch of people from school went to a discount showing of Inception last night. After Googling around to determine that the Cobb children are, in fact, wearing different clothes in the end and are played by different actors, I think I've got the movie figured out. It's still an absolute masterpiece. You get the feeling that if one shot was cut or altered, the movie wouldn't have been as good.

I've seen it before, but I recently rewatched Eisensteins Alexander Nevsky.
Despite being a fairly flat Russian propoganda film, it is still awsome. The score by Prokofiev and Eisensteins 'Battle on the Ice' make it worth watching. I need to get around to watching Ivan the Terrible.

I saw Unstoppable over the weekend. It was pretty decent. I'd probably give between a 7 and 7.5 out of 10.

Leon, The Professional. Little Nat was pretty good before she got mixed up with that Star Wars crowd.

Top Bottom