Which Movies Have You Seen Lately? V for Five

Megamind - I had high hopes for this movie and was not dissapointed. Super clever, up there with Kung Fu Panda & Bolt as far as awesome Dreamworks movies go. STILL HAS THAT STUPID DREAMWORKS FACE THOUGH!! In fact, it is so blatant that I'm starting to think Dreamworks is just screwing with us.

Spoiler :

8/10

Harry Potter: The Deathly Hallows Part 1 - The best one since Prisoner of Azkaban. I didn't mind the extended camping trip, the humor that was there hit for the most part, and Voldemort is a convincing evil asshat. I get uncomfortable in theaters around the 2 hour mark (being 6'6" has its disadvantages), but the movie was good enough to keep my attention. Some parts had me cringing though, and Bellatrix never did much more than annoy me.

7/10

Bolt was Disney.

Watched 7 Samurai last night. Needless to say it has already placed itself on my top 5 movies ever.
I'm still waiting for the other 996! Get cracking!

I saw HP 7a on Saturday.

I had my eyes open throughout the whole movie, though I needn't have bothered - the row of teenage girls behind me thoughtfully pointed out the action on the screen to the entire theater (for example, they all announced, "Dobby!" when Dobby appeared, or discussed whether they recognized a certain character the second his face appeared on screen.) That was nice.

Although I would love to see an animated spinoff of Tales of Beedle the Bard in the style of the tale of the three brothers.

I watched Reservoir Dogs last night. I was quite good. Very gripping. The swearing was a little gratuitous, and perhaps the violence in some places as well (I understand that it's there for a purpose, but I'm not sure showing the cop with his ear cut off is entirely necessary), but those things aren't something that really lessens a movie for me. 8/10

I'm still waiting for the other 996! Get cracking!

Lucky for you I finally started writing again again! :p

I also saw Harry Potter 7. All in all, I thought it was a pretty good adaptation. The Dobby scene made me throw up a little in my mouth though...so cheesy...

I also liked the gratuitous naked Harry/Hermione scene. I mean really? really....I felt like I was watching something out of Twilight.

More importantly though, I GOT TO SEE TRAILERS FOR GREEN LANTERN AND GREEN HORNET AND I AM SERIOUSLY NERDING OUT RIGHT NOW!

Harry Potter 7, what else

However, I havent seen a HP movie since the first one just because they all diservice the books IMO. This one, on the other hand, followed the book extremely closely which made me happy. There have been few other movies to elicit the emotions that this one did. First off the anger when
Spoiler :
Bellatrix is torturing Hermione. I was seething.
and then 20 minutes later, the sadness
Spoiler :
when Dobby died. I shed a tear

My only criticism is that John Williams did not compose and because of that the music was just lacking. I mean they only played Hedwig's theme for like 15 seconds.

Avatar. Wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. Still "Pocahontas in Space" though.

CGI has come a long way, though. Show that movie to someone ten years ago and they would surely think it was live action. Well, until the giant blue dudes showed up anyway.

Nope. Not a chance... ;)

Watched "Resident Evil 2: Apocalypse"... Representation of Jill Valentine is... disappointing. She is such a stupid .... in this.

The moment that made me want to smash my head on the wall:

Jill: Hey we are in the city full of zombies looking for a girl. There are only 3 of us and 1 of us is just a reporter. Sooo let's split up!
Expendable reporter chick: No way! That's a bad idea!
Jill: It's a great idea! Here take this gun and don't worry, them zombies are harmless. It's no like just a little bite turns you into one of them!
Expendable reporter chick: But I never shot a gun before!
Jill: Chill, you'll be fine! Just try to hit them in the head.
Expendable reporter chick: But...
Jill: Go!
Jill (mumbles to herself): Gee just go die already, is that so much to ask? These people... gosh!

30 seconds later expendable reporter chick dies in a horrible way... :suicide: :wallbash:

The Expendables. Overall a forgettable, entertaining action movie. But the scene with Stallone and Schwarzenegger was hilarious.

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
Probably one of the coolest movies I've ever seen, and Wallace was pretty adorable. :D

As for Harry Potter 7...
Yeah... I've hated every single one since the 3rd. Although I loved the 1st and 2nd.
As hard as they try it's never close enough to the books for me. Plus they always add in some stupid corny scene that sucks.
Actually there's a lot I don't like about 3-7.
1.Ginny is a man beast.
2.Daniel Radcliffe stopped being cute in the 5th movie.
3.The new Dumbledore is nothing compared to Richard Harris.
4.The extra teenagery sexual tension they always try to put in.
5.Fleur was ugly.
6.Cho was ugly.
I do like some things though.
Rupert Grint being dreeeaammmy, Helen Bonham Carter, and the special effects are usually pretty neat. :)

I saw The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly for the first time tonight. It was a fantastically good movie. I have very little bad to say about it, aside from the occasional ugly lypsincing. (Yes, I had to do that.)

Top Bottom