Which Movies Have You Seen Lately? VI - The Sequel Five Sequels in the Making

Just saw the Maltese Falcon. Nothing beats a Humphrey Bogart movie.

I saw The Social Network and liked it.

I saw True Grit and liked it even more.

I'm going to see The King's Speech tomorrow hopefully.

Also saw The Hangover Part 2 yesterday, and haven't laughed that much at a film in a long time. The whole cinema loved it.
Also saw X-Men: First Class on Wednesday and that was BRILLIANT. Can't recommend it more. Then proceeded to watch the whole of the trilogy with Abaddon afterwards and was impressed at how good the prequel was really!
Also saw Pirates of the Caribbean a week or so ago - not the best thing I've seen but if you need entertaining it's alright!

Yeah that one part of the ending was pretty bad. Other than that it was very good. 3.9/5 from me. With a slightly reworked ending it could easily be 4.5/5

one question thou as i missed the ending credit.

did the police sheriff and woman survive?

The Next Three Days: It had Russell Crowe. I like Russell Crowe?

Such a pointless remake. The French version was pretty forgettable, why bother?

The Hangover Part 2. It was funny but I did not like the ending of it, since it was far too contrived to make the ending a "good" one.

Also saw The Hangover Part 2 yesterday, and haven't laughed that much at a film in a long time. The whole cinema loved it.

I watched it the other night and while it still got few laughs out of me, I felt kind of insulted by the whole thing.

I have no problems with not messing with a formula to make sequels, but this was a complete carbon copy of the first one! It has to be the laziest screenwriting ever!

I saw The King's Speech and thought it was just lovely. But then again...I say that about everything that has Derek Jacobi in it.

I'm watching The Grateful Dead Movie right now. It's...really weird, but also good!

I saw The King's Speech and thought it was just lovely. But then again...I say that about everything that has Derek Jacobi in it.

I loved loved loved loved loved that filmed. Colin Firth was perfect, it was lovely to see Bonham-Carter in a non-weird-and-wonderful role and the whole story was funny and touching. My mum's a Speech Therapist and even she rated it!

it was good as a movie, but leaving out the whole nazi collaboration aspect as if it never happened and generally painting the royal family in such a positive light is incredibly irresponsible from a political pov.

The "whole nazi collaboration aspect" was explicitly not a royal policy. It was believed of Edward VIII, but not of George VI.

it was good as a movie, but leaving out the whole nazi collaboration aspect as if it never happened and generally painting the royal family in such a positive light is incredibly irresponsible from a political pov.

And where was Roosevelt? What was happening in Brazil at the time? This was a movie about George VI stuttering issue.

Recently watched WarGames for the first time; pretty good, though if I had one complaint it would be the use of natural language to communicate with the computer.

I really enjoyed Super 8 actually...much better than my initial expectations. Those kids were pretty funny, which made the rest of the drama go down a little easier.

Not a fan of westerns?

The story isn't all that great even if you are into westerns. Largely because it wasn't all that well constructed, IMO. The characters weren't developed, they just were what they were, and the pacing was quite erratic. I, for one, still found it reasonably enjoyable, but 'dull' is probably a fair descriptor.

one question thou as i missed the ending credit.

did the police sheriff and woman survive?

I was not really interested in Super 8 until the day before, and this is what changed my mind. It was my BD, and I was that age in 79 and I lived in "rural" IN. It was more of a nastolgic thing and I wanted to see how "close" to reality it was. I "put" together models and Testor paints did have a large variety of very cool colors. The adolescent "romance" was typical of the 70's. At that point in my life I was the "detective" who had "muscle" but little clue of life going on around me.

1977 was also the year Close Encounters Of the Third Kind came out. I understand that this was more centristic to suspense and the zombie aspect, it did not really work the sci-fi angle at all. I liked it because it did develope the characters slightly more than the alien theme. Having JJ and Steven together and the fact that it was nearly 2 hours and the action was still there, I am not sure adding another 45 minutes would have helped.

Thus we never really knew anything about the alien, but contradictory reports. It was harmless, but kept prisoners, just like it was kept? It ate horses, but none were ever touched? It made dogs flee the county? The lady in curlers was only revealed, because she was reported missing? It seems to me, that her and the sheriff were swallowed whole. While I think that it captured the 70's, there were still little bits and pieces that did not fit, but maybe I was "too immature" then and maybe things were that way, I just missed them. I may even still have some M-90's from then. I wonder if they still work?

Top Bottom