Which Movies Have You Seen Lately? VI - The Sequel Five Sequels in the Making

I saw snatch on DVD there on sunday, it was good, but i think casting brad pit as a irish traveller was a bad idea (Colin Farrell or Cillian Murphy would've been better!).

And I saw the hangeover part II last night, great film, could'nt stop laughing. I thought it was funnier than the first, and i especially liked thet way they brought Mike Tyson back.

I saw snatch on DVD there on sunday, it was good, but i think casting brad pit as a irish traveller was a bad idea (Colin Farrell or Cillian Murphy would've been better!).

I think he did a pretty reasonable job. It's meant to be quite a comical and idiotic role, and Pitt was an accent works quite well for that.

Easy A - lulzy and Emma Stone is still hawt. 5/5

True, but I don't think that movie should be spotted anywhere near a 5/5. Also that movie featured THE WORST High School I've ever seen. Anyone ever been to a party in which every single guest crowds around a room listening to two people have the most unrealistic sounding sex ever? Nope? Me Neither.

True, but I don't think that movie should be spotted anywhere near a 5/5. Also that movie featured THE WORST High School I've ever seen. Anyone ever been to a party in which every single guest crowds around a room listening to two people have the most unrealistic sounding sex ever? Nope? Me Neither.

That's what made it so lulzy. Chick flicks + 80's movies always have the worst-of-all-possible-worlds high school. Look at Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Footloose, and 10 Things I Hate About You.

That's what made it so lulzy. Chick flicks + 80's movies always have the worst-of-all-possible-worlds high school. Look at Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Footloose, and 10 Things I Hate About You.

Not my reasoning for not giving it 5/5. It definitely was funny though.

Overall I thought the movie was camp and entertaining. I'd give it 3/5.

Not my reasoning for not giving it 5/5. It definitely was funny though.

Overall I thought the movie was camp and entertaining. I'd give it 3/5.

OK fine perhaps not a 5/5 (mebbe a 4.9/5 :p). But you cannot use the same scale for movies such as Black Swan as for judging chick flicks. They are both great, but in their own ways.

I saw Super 8 yesterday.

Great as a mainstream flick, but nothing more and nothing less. I hated the ending though; I can easily see where Spielberg stuck his nose in. In fact, it wasn't what I was expecting at all, especially coming from the directer of Cloverfield. I was expecting an ending more in line with that movie.

Watched Animal House at a grad party today. 3.7/5

Good, but not great.
Heh, I saw it yesterday.
Anyhow, I rewatched Atlantis: The Lost Empire today and found it far more enjoyable now then when I watched it a couple years ago.
"Would whoever removed the 'L' from the Motor Pool sign please return it. Ha ha. We are all very amused."

4/5 stars. Nice movie with some great lines of dialogue, with the added bonus of Claudia Christiansen from Babylon 5 serving as the captain.

Good, but not great.

....Really? You gave easy A 5/5 but you gave Animal House 3.7/5? I feel like I don't even know you anymore.

Watched Forrest Gump yet again yesterday and it's still my favourite movie ever. I've probably seen it 5 or 6 times, but there's always something new that jumps out at you. Yesterday was the first time I'd recognised the "what is vacation?" "it's where you go away...and you never come back" as kinda deep and meaningful.

Just came back from the Green Lantern. It was meh.

The story didn't unravel very well, the pacing was off at time, none of the characters were developed (Hell, the Earth bad guy only gets like two scenes before he transforms, who the hell is this guy and why is he evil? Why did he do what he did? There is literally no motivation other than that he is evil), the CGI was ok at times, it was insultingly noisy for no apparent reason, it was really just a mishmash of a bunch of super hero movies that came out before it, except they sucked out all the parts of those movies which made they great and memorable.

EDIT: And it wasn't even all that funny! I remember maybe one line in which I actually laughed, the rest was just painful.

Just came back from the Green Lantern. It was meh.

The story didn't unravel very well, the pacing was off at time, none of the characters were developed (Hell, the Earth bad guy only gets like two scenes before he transforms, who the hell is this guy and why is he evil? Why did he do what he did? There is literally no motivation other than that he is evil), the CGI was ok at times, it was insultingly noisy for no apparent reason, it was really just a mishmash of a bunch of super hero movies that came out before it, except they sucked out all the parts of those movies which made they great and memorable.

Yup, sad to say that's what happens when you spend all your time watching really, really good movies. Lucky for me I usually don't come in with high expectations when I go to the theaters. It's mostly because when I ACTUALLY go to the theaters I'm going with friends so as long as I have a good time with them it's a win for me.

Also the reason for this long and fairly rambling response is because I'm going to go see that movie on Tuesday.

Yeah, I didn't go in with high expectations either. I just went because a couple of friends invited me along, so it was more or less a "why the hell not" decision, rather than an "I want to see this".

Yup, sad to say that's what happens when you spend all your time watching really, really good movies. Lucky for me I usually don't come in with high expectations when I go to the theaters. It's mostly because when I ACTUALLY go to the theaters I'm going with friends so as long as I have a good time with them it's a win for me.

Also the reason for this long and fairly rambling response is because I'm going to go see that movie on Tuesday.

This was pretty much my stance, but while I was sitting thru super 8 last night i made up my mind. No more of this crap.

It wasn't because super 8 was that bad to infuriate me. Heck ive seen lot worse with friends. It was alright over all i guess. But I cant keep throwing away money to do stuff they want to do that I necessarily wouldn't want to do on my own. I'll be declining more often from now on. especially with summer season bringing in 'turn off your brain and enjoy the ride' type movie lot more often...

I saw Super 8 yesterday.

Great as a mainstream flick, but nothing more and nothing less. I hated the ending though; I can easily see where Spielberg stuck his nose in. In fact, it wasn't what I was expecting at all, especially coming from the directer of Cloverfield. I was expecting an ending more in line with that movie.

Just saw this today. The ending was predictable the moment the kids got involved. Is'nt there a Clvrfld II in the works?

Good, but not great.

I think it's a generational thing. Those of us old enough to have lived through the bad old days of in loco parentis think of it as a rebellious romp. You youngsters must think meh.

Top Bottom