Which movies have you watched? ΙΔ' - The House of Asterion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Breakfast Club. Figured it was about time I watch this. It was... okay? Nothing really special. Not bad, but I don't get the intense attraction others have towards it.
Don't you post such a thing.

What is so good about it, for you? Genuinely.
Hmmm, the imperfection of the characters, the fact that it is a slice-of-life film, the fact that all major plot points are, in fact, not resolved, that it is a one-day breather… I just like it.

Hmmm, the imperfection of the characters, the fact that it is a slice-of-life film, the fact that all major plot points are, in fact, not resolved, that it is a one-day breather… I just like it.

I'll be setting up a camcorder in my room soon. I expect you to sell out your local theatre when "A Day in the Life of Syn" hits the big screen.

Ah… That, my friend, is one of the main subplots of a Daria episode. JaneCam!

*was distracted by Synsensa's incredibly adorable avatar*
What?

This director keeps making the same movie :)
True, maybe he's trying for perfection or it's a money maker.

Speaking of making the same movie, how many times have the Shakespeare plays been performed and plagiarized?

I enjoy a good 'Gal beats the bad guys', get to see action plus the female form in action.
Huba Huba

Last edited:
IT: Chapter 1 - I'm not a huge fan of horror, but this movie was praised by audience and critics alike so I decided to give it a go. The horror elements weren't really scary though. I would describe it as weird, gross, or even silly but definitely not scary. To many cliche scenes that rely on jump scares in a dimly lit room where a character is alone. The clown Pennywise has multiple opportunities to kill off a main character but doesn't for reasons unknown. There isn't any real explanation of Pennywise's powers either so he's omnipotent when he needs to be but gets neutered at other times to fit the story. The scenes that weren't about the clown were the best but takes up so little of the movie. I don't even know how Chapter 2 takes place given the ending of Chapter 1 seems to make that impossible. Regardless I won't need to see it.

The Taking of Pelham 123 - It's supposed to be this tense, drama filled hostage negotiation story but was so uninspired. Boring writing and unnecessary 'action' scenes kill any enjoyment from this movie.

I really liked RED. The sequel, not so much.

I saw RED 2 last night. I liked it more than the first movie. It actually had a pretty strong first half.

But it lost steam during the Kremlin arc, and everything after that kind of sucked.

The Shawshank Redemption. It was alright.

The very beginning and very end were kind of weak. The middle, however, was very strong. I can't really give it more than a 6/10 though.

I'll usually stop and watch that one when channel cruising.

A 6/10? A SIX OUT OF TEN?! Where are Dachs and Owen when you need them?

My Father the Hero. A teenage rom-com in which a 14-year-old girl on vacation with her father, in order to impress a boy, tells him she's 16 and that the guy she's with is her lover. Lies pile upon lies. Very good writing but, IMHO, the acting of both Gerard Depardieu and Katherine Heigl was somewhat mediocre. Director Steve Miner is a former instructor of mine.

Angel Has Fallen. It was a fun film to watch. If you have watched the previous films in the trilogy you would know what was in store. It didn't disappoint.
Looks interesting, saw the first two, looking forward to this

My Father the Hero. A teenage rom-com in which a 14-year-old girl on vacation with her father, in order to impress a boy, tells him she's 16 and that the guy she's with is her lover. Lies pile upon lies. Very good writing but, IMHO, the acting of both Gerard Depardieu and Katherine Heigl was somewhat mediocre. Director Steve Miner is a former instructor of mine.
I've always enjoyed that movie. The piano playing scene always cracks me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom