Which movies have you watched? 13 - In a world where...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize you are joking but I still don’t get it.

So, new films: I've watched The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises and oh, boy, I don't understand, after having watched Man of Steel last year, how they could've made that Batman v. Superman crap film.

So, new films: I've watched The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises and oh, boy, I don't understand, after having watched Man of Steel last year, how they could've made that Batman v. Superman crap film.
Nolan wasn't involved and Snyder was.

How the hell is that even legal?

How the hell is that even legal?
Nolan was kinda done after The Dark Knight but eventually came back to make a third film. He was definitely done after Rises but let them put his name on Man of Steel as executive producer to give Snyder's first outing a little cred. But after that, Snyder had the keys. Nolan didn't want anything to do with a Cinematic Universe.

I realize you are joking but I still don’t get it.

They're designed for a young audience but it's executed in a way that's still viable for older people. Same way you can enjoy Pixar movies or Shrek.

The later seasons of Clone Wars got into semi-graphic stuff. Beheadings, stuff like that.

Not that many generations ago, taking your children to the local gibbet or guillotine was standard holiday/Sunday fun.

They're designed for a young audience but it's executed in a way that's still viable for older people. Same way you can enjoy Pixar movies or Shrek.

The later seasons of Clone Wars got into semi-graphic stuff. Beheadings, stuff like that.

I am one of those who doesn’t watch Pixar or Shrek.

Edit: in fairness, though, I have a prexisting interest in the Star Wars franchise doesn’t apply to the ones you mention. I’ll think about it.

Last edited:
No Shrek?

I mean, not even the original film?

I haven’t watched it since I was a little kid.

At weekend I watched Rocky 2. I have seen it before but it must been like 15 years ago. The movie was entertaining. However the amount of beating Rocky can manage was a bit too much. I think that if the match would have been settled with judge points, it would have been like million to Apollo and one hundred to Rocky. I think that best parts of the movie is interaction between Rocky and his coach. Rocky knows what to do and his coach thinks that Apollo will mash Rocky's face into pieces.

Being a huge Star Wars fan I finally got around to seeing Han Solo: A Star Wars story.

It was decent (and at least wasn’t unbelievably stupid like The Last Jedi), but there will parts that puzzled me. Darth Maul still being alive in particular. Then I read online they he apparently survived being chopped in half by Obi-Wan, but that’s too absurd to believable IMO (even within Star Wars universe standards).

He shows up in clone wars series, which apparently is cannon, unlike the post episode 6 universe in the books and expanded galaxy stuff.

But that said it isn't explained, he just shows up with a cybernetic lower body. Then he gets some leg implants later so he looks more normal.

My understanding is the target audience is little children.

It is, but so is the original star wars to be honest. Remember the ewoks? Anyway, other than being a cartoon and pg, the clone wars series doesn't seem particularly aimed at kids. If they added a little more graphic violence and maybe some curse words it could pass for an adult cartoon. It's pretty good.

so is the original star wars to be honest
Definitely not. The Ewoks and the Holiday Special were mistakes, yes, but that's about it.

I saw Glass and was somewhat dissappointed. James MacAvoy stole every scene he was in but the movie (and the ending in particular) was something of a let down. To some extent, Split put the bar so high that following it was going to be problematic but the story made some questionable choices that I felt took away from the overall story arch of Unbreakable, Split and Glass.

Definitely not. The Ewoks and the Holiday Special were mistakes, yes, but that's about it.

it's fantasy for kids and adolescents, definitely. it was intended to speak to that audience, but to also be appreciated by adults. also, ewoks were a nice touch, it woulda been boring had the forest been "empty", that's just not star wars at all. there's life everywhere.

In 1977, Lucas didn’t intend for the film to be made solely for children. He wanted to make a family movie. His target audience was teenagers, but he had a message that he felt was not being told in movies anymore, and he wanted it to be taken seriously.

Star Wars creator George Lucas took the stage at Star Wars Celebration today to remind people that the series has always been for children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom