Which movies have you watched? IE': NO CAPES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tickets for the early release for Tenet went on sale Friday. Sadly, because of social distancing guidelines the normal 20 IMAX luxury seats where we like to sit were reduced to only 4 per showing. Let's just say they sold out pretty fast. :(
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
In other news, this little teaser trailer dropped yesterday.

Watched a bunch of things in the last 2 days:

Conan the Barbarian
I felt like something simple like this, and someone had uploaded it to youtube. Turns out I had actually never seen the movie completely before, although I thought so. Great movie, what to say.

Ronnie Coleman: The King
Documentary about 8 times Mr. Olympia RTnnie Coleman. Man, how monstrous... so jealous :lol:. It's about his body building career, and how he messed up his spine and is waiting for the operation. I'd say the overall information content is maybe a bit low, but if the general area interests you, then it's still worth watching.

The Dark Tower
So this is a fantasy movie after the Stephen King book series. According to wiki the critics destroyed the movie, since they tried to cram 8 books into 1 movie, and had to cut craploads of stuff. I didn't read the books (not a great King fan), and I enjoyed this. It starts with a boy who has visions about some evil guys who want to destroy the dark tower, who protects the worlds from evil, and about the gun slinger, who fights these guys. And this turns out to be true, and is being chased by the evil guys and joins the gun slinger on a parallel earth. Overall okay fantasy movie. They don't explain much about the background (like... what's the motivation of the bad guys and the gun slinger? Or the overall setting), but is fantasy and action, and if you like it, then you're fine.

The Most Hated Woman in America
Documentary about Madalyn Murray O'Hair, who was responsible that school prayers and other religious things got banned from American schools. Who also founded a foundation for her cause, and got kidnapped to get money out of the foundation. I didn't know anything about the subject, and as for the Ronnie Coleman movie, I think the information content is maybe a bit low, but for me it still had enough to make it worth watching. The kidnapping itself gives the backbone for the movie, which makes it partially a crime movie in some way.

Mission Control: The Unsung Heroes of Apollo
Title is pretty clear: Documentary about the mission control during the Apollo missions. Lots of original footage and interviews with the people who worked there. Quite interesting. I hate though that none of these Netflix documentaries ever seem to have a narrator or to give a summary anywhere. I had to go to wikipedia to figure out why they didn't talk about Apollo 2-6 (because they didn't exist). Otherwise quite nice. Pretty sure hobbs would enjoy (or probably already did).

Knives Out was pretty OK. The only thing I think it was missing was that I expected it to be funnier. It was funny-ish, but for some reason I had been led to believe it was hilarious.

Mission Control: The Unsung Heroes of Apollo
Title is pretty clear: Documentary about the mission control during the Apollo missions. Lots of original footage and interviews with the people who worked there. Quite interesting. I hate though that none of these Netflix documentaries ever seem to have a narrator or to give a summary anywhere. I had to go to wikipedia to figure out why they didn't talk about Apollo 2-6 (because they didn't exist). Otherwise quite nice. Pretty sure hobbs would enjoy (or probably already did).
I had not heard of it but thanks!

Kurt Russell FTW.
Escape from LA (welcome to the human race)
Tango & Cash (added awesomeness in the form of Sly Stallone)

The Accountant was good... Recently got introduced to the John Wick movies with Keanu Reeves. I gotta say the Wick movies have among the best fight sequences I've ever seen, but there's just too much killing. At some point it becomes a blur of head shots as the body count approaches 100

Stargate is awesome. US with nukes v. ancient flying-pyramid Egyptians, what could possibly go wrong?

Last edited:
Has anyone seen Train to Busan Presents: Peninsula yet? It was released in the States over the weekend in select theaters and I believe it's available to stream as well (at least in SK I think, I'll have to ask around). The CG from the trailer doesn't look particularly great, but I wonder how the story compares to it's predecessor. :think:

Kurt Russell FTW.
You forgot Big Trouble in Little China. :)

Kurt Russell FTW.
To say that Kurt Russell has been underrated all these years is an understatement. He might be the top action star of the '80s-early '90s, for me, and unlike most of the rest, he's never really faded away. (I haven't seen most of his recent stuff - just Guardians of the Galaxy - but I think he's been getting good reviews.)

Best Kurt Russell: The Thing, but I wouldn't give anyone any stick for picking Escape From New York.
Most Underrated Kurt Russell: Tequila Sunrise - I'm not sure I've ever met another human being who's seen this movie. Granted, I don't ask everyone I meet. That'd be weird.

To say that Kurt Russell has been underrated all these years is an understatement. He might be the top action star of the '80s-early '90s, for me, and unlike most of the rest, he's never really faded away. (I haven't seen most of his recent stuff - just Guardians of the Galaxy - but I think he's been getting good reviews.)

Best Kurt Russell: The Thing, but I wouldn't give anyone any stick for picking Escape From New York.
Most Underrated Kurt Russell: Tequila Sunrise - I'm not sure I've ever met another human being who's seen this movie. Granted, I don't ask everyone I meet. That'd be weird.
The Thing was an awesome movie. Still scares the pants off of me every time I watch it.

The Thing was an awesome movie. Still scares the pants off of me every time I watch it.
Hmm. How do I send this to your new girlfriend?
Yeah, this is important information here. We might need more details. Is it only The Thing, or would Alien work too? How about The Descent? :D

Why are you interested in getting Lemon's pants off? Living up to the ‘Syn’ part of your username?
You forgot Big Trouble in Little China. :)
Hasn't shown up on cable TV this rotation yet.

Yes, but voyeurism is a thing. :groucho:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom