Which movies have you watched? ' --not an iota of bad movies; but maybe bad taste

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the director's cut of Blade Runner last night. I had forgotten how good it was, and the new version without the narration was incredible. Add to that, Vangelis's beautiful score and a much better ending...

Wow.

I love that movie. Haven't watched in a couple years though.

The difference is night and day. :)

Yep, that movie is sort of the poster child for how significantly an alternative cut can transform a movie. Well that and Kingdom of Heaven. What is it with Ridley Scott and getting screwed over by editors?

Last edited:
On that same vein, what about Heaven's Gate?

I didn't know about Kingomd of Heaven's Director's Cut... will have to look it up I suppose

I didn't know about Kingomd of Heaven's Director's Cut... will have to look it up I suppose

It makes the movie so so so so so so so so so so so so SO much better.

I haven't heard of it either: I'll have to look into it at some point.

I haven't heard of it either: I'll have to look into it at some point.

Ok I actually don't want to oversell it. But basically it's a number of scenes that heavily explain some character elements that make the plot and arcs make a lot more sense.

Cool. I quite enjoyed the original, so the director's cut should be better. :)

I watched Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 on Friday. Liked it much better than the first one. Suffers much from some of the same problems, namely taking its time taking off, but not having to introduce most of the cast allows it to both look at them a bit more closely and going all in on the space nonsense. Watch out for Yondu.

Audition (1999). That late 90s japanese horror movie.
It was meh. The book it was based on seems to have been more meh still, but at least not trying to make the ending ambiguous. As it is, this movie is ridiculously over-hyped for what essentially is a boring story with gore thrown in for shock factor.

I've only seen the director's cut of Blade Runner. How did the original end?
Also while I really liked the movie, the romance wasn't very good. Harrison Ford was borderline rapey in it. They just didn't do a good job of making their sexual tension come through enough to not make Ford look creepy.

So as anyone seen GOTG II. The reviews weren't great but those that have seen in seemed to have greatly enjoyed it.

Terminator Genisys - take my advice and don't watch the trailer before watching the movie as it spoils everything. Anyway the movie is crap, too much generic action with a very poor plot and story. Guy playing Kyle Reese was absolutely horrible, can't remember when was the last time I've seen such a bad actor and delivery.

[Rec] - I love horror movies, and it's really hard to find good ones. I saw [Rec]s score was pretty good on IMDB and even though the plot summary seemed like it was going to be another generic ''shaky camera'' uninspiring movie I decided to give it a go. Unfortunately I was right as it was just another generic ''shaky camera'' horror flick.

IIRC I've seen a couple of trailers of recent movies that were basically twists and important plot points + the whole story condensed in a 2-3 minute trailer. No need to actually spend an hour or more watching the movie as most of it is going to be meaningless filler material between a couple of ''key'' points, as was the case in Terminator Genisys.

I believe that a common 'complaint' for Batman vs Superman was that the trailer was actually more watchable than the film itself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom