Which movies have you watched? XVI - This title not included in your subscription

Status
Not open for further replies.
the Abyss . Had seen it previously but like visuals seemed better now . Guess this is the flatscreen being cooler . Credits in the end tell it was made on Macintosh machines . Kyle Reese and Hicks were cool non-coms , making officer was bad for Michael Biehn . Like ı don't think ı was ever aware there was global doom available with waves rising so high . And of course the movie ticking every box in regards to anti-militarism , and with most of the crimes of Humanity on show conducted by Americans , even if the series ended obviously in lran and US Military had all sorts of nutjobs , it was only the Russians who ran cowardly from the waves and not the US Navy ! This Cameron / Hurd team could not dare , despite the certain depiction of the American who would chew gum as god came down to Earth . And ı don't think anybody in Hollywood since made any movies about love saving the world from god's instant termination as 1988 is so close to the Soviet meltdown ...

OK, I've seen all three of the 'God's not dead' movies, just finished watching number 3.

What is my opinion of nunber 3, it's good, movies 1 and 2 were wasted time, both were preaching to the choir, this one is a movie for all:

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Devastatingly boring and pointless and dumb.
More Jurassic Park sequels?? Why? They'd be better off just selling it to Disney and letting them re-boot it from the beginning.

Oh... wait... now I remember... Universal Studios theme park has a Jurassic Park ride. So unless they want to rebrand the ride, they have to keep releasing movies to keep the ride relevant. Same for the Fast and Furious ride (which used to be the Backstage Tour ride) and the two Harry Potter parks... They're gonna have to chain JK Rowling to a desk and get her writing again... unless they want to spend 10 billion dollars re-doing those sections of the park.

I liked Spaceballs in large part because of how it parodies scifi concepts Star Wars
FTFY ;)

I mean, come on... with the one exception of the "Check please" scene, that movie is a blatant parody of Star Wars and Star Wars only... there's nothing "sci-fi concepts" about it. Its a Star Wars parody, period.

FTFY ;)

I mean, come on... with the one exception of the "Check please" scene, that movie is a blatant parody of Star Wars and Star Wars only... there's nothing "sci-fi concepts" about it. Its a Star Wars parody, period.
This.
Was that Sigourney Weaver at 1:32?

If it wasn't, it was someone who looked a lot like her.

Speaking of which, I actually watched Alien last night. For the very first time. :thumbsup:

I movie selection yesterday was utter crap (Ocean's Twelve; Super 8; a not-so-funny Joe-Rogan comedy special; The Ridiculous 6, which I basically stopped after recognizing Adam Sandler; The Saint (from 2017)). The last probably still being the best, while also still being pretty bad.
I hope I select better today.

This.
No, but that actually is John Hurt.

If it wasn't, it was someone who looked a lot like her.

Speaking of which, I actually watched Alien last night. For the very first time. :thumbsup:
Welcome to the club. I strongly endorse Aliens, if you haven't watched that one yet. I also liked Alien 3, but that one is definitely the least of the three. I think some people are too hard on the 3rd movie, because the first two were all-time classics and it doesn't meet that standard.

I was just telling someone in yonder thread that Naomi in The Expanse is a daughter of Ellen Ripley. If you haven't watched that series yet, it follows in the footsteps of the Alien franchise, in its characters and setting, and to a lesser extent in some of its stories.

I movie selection yesterday was utter crap (Ocean's Twelve; Super 8; a not-so-funny Joe-Rogan comedy special; The Ridiculous 6, which I basically stopped after recognizing Adam Sandler; The Saint (from 2017)). The last probably still being the best, while also still being pretty bad.
I hope I select better today.
I liked Super 8. Haven't seen the others. I didn't even realize they'd made a new version of The Saint.

I liked Super 8. Haven't seen the others.

Okay, I need to be fair there: It's not badly done, and the actors are doing a good job, but it's just not my type of story.

I didn't even realize they'd made a new version of The Saint.

In that case: Don't watch it.
The story and characters are super shallow, the main character just doesn't manage to portray the "gentleman thief" that well, part of the story are really unrealistic, and include techno-babble/techno-magic.
Maybe okay if you really want to turn off your brain, but even then there might be better ones.
IMBD gives it a 4.9, on RottenTomatoes it has 39% audience score.

More Jurassic Park sequels?? Why? They'd be better off just selling it to Disney and letting them re-boot it from the beginning.

Oh... wait... now I remember... Universal Studios theme park has a Jurassic Park ride. So unless they want to rebrand the ride, they have to keep releasing movies to keep the ride relevant. Same for the Fast and Furious ride (which used to be the Backstage Tour ride) and the two Harry Potter parks... They're gonna have to chain JK Rowling to a desk and get her writing again... unless they want to spend 10 billion dollars re-doing those sections of the park.
It's also the 15th highest box office gross film ever... right behind TLJ and before Frozen.

I strongly endorse Aliens, if you haven't watched that one yet. I also liked Alien 3, but that one is definitely the least of the three. I think some people are too hard on the 3rd movie, because the first two were all-time classics and it doesn't meet that standard.
I'd already seen all 3 of the (direct) sequels loooong since!

I saw Aliens on TV in my mid-teens, and was 17 when Alien3 came out, making that my first cinema-visit where I got away with buying a movie-ticket beyond my age-rating (such a rebel!). Saw Resurrection in the cinema as well, because, you know, Winona Ryder... :love:

Watched Prometheus on Netflix a couple of years back, wasn't impressed -- didn't bother with Covenant.

And from what I've read about them, the less said about the AvP movies, the better... right?

I have never watched Aliens. Have seen 1, 3 and 4. 3 was meh, but I actually didn't hate 4 back when I saw it (was a teen at the time :) )
Alien 4 was the typical 90s comedy-horror, and better than similar films such as the one with the massive octopus (I now googled it, and it is titled Deep Rising).

^I recently watched one of the sequels, IIRC #3.
‘no problem, there won't be any Indians there [in the past]’ (said pointing at fake Indians painted on billboard)
*time travel*
(amid shower of arrows) ‘INDIAAAANNNS’

Right before that scene, on the walls of the drive in cinema there are posters for films that are sequels. This was done as one of the complaints when Back to the Future 3 was made was that Hollywood was making too many sequels unlike during the fifties. Bob Zemeckis placed those posters to show that even during the fifties Hollywood was making sequels.

I'm too young to have watched the movie when it was new but young enough for it to have been a formative movie from my youth.

Even the theme song cheers me up, and yes I have been drinking.
My wife is a few years younger than me and just doesn't get it, it came out before she was born and it just didn't feature in her life.
She does remember us watching it together thankfully.
Spoiler :

Edit: yes Indians is #3
1985->1955 #1
1985/1955/2015 #2
1885 #3

I didn't know it, but right after that I turned the TV on and guess which film was on?

Nnno. It's one about the McFly farm and some Wild West town bully named Tannen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom