Which movies have you watched? XVI - This title not included in your subscription

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the one where George Clooney promised out-of-pocket refunds to anyone who could prove to him that they paid to see that movie in theaters.

That film was a masterclass on making a movie that was so bad, that it got as close to the "so bad its good" line as possible, without actually crossing it. In other words, the movie is as bad as a movie can possibly be, without circling all the way back around to being good again :lol:

If they had just gone whole hog and made it a spiritual successor to the Adam West Batman... ie an obvious, campy version of the comics... they would have crossed into Starship Troopers so-bad-its-good status.

Thinking back on it... I think that was the problem with that particular Batman movie series. they started out with a serious, dark, edgy, cool Batman that all of us that grew up watching campy Batman as little kids were ready to embrace as teens... but after the first movie they started drifting more and more back to campy Batman with each new movie... but they never actually went ahead and just committed to making Batman campy again... they never picked a lane... which made the whole thing a trainwreck.

Last edited:
If they had just gone whole hog and made it a spiritual successor to the Adam West Batman...
I honestly thought that was what they were doing. It still didn't work for me.

El-Machinae, please start the new thread.

Anyway, back to Buttman, Adam West's is still the best.

For the umpteenth time, Goodfellas. There's always a new detail to pick out, especially if it's accompanied -by happy coincidence- by an interview with Robert de Niro talking about Scorsese.

a theme night of sorts . Agent Salt saves Tahran and Mekke . Zoe Saldana avenges family in Colombiana . Like over thin backside kickers . ı had never seen the opening credits for the latter ; doesn't Luc Besson make more American movies than Americans ?

Its been more than 24 hours now, so it's up to r16 for the next 12 hours, followed by Ajidica.

we are expected to link previous threads ? Am on the tablet , would be a practical impossibility , though as a regular thread killer ı have just say :

silly me , Colombiana is directed by a guy who has Megaton as his surname !

That is expected, yes, but no one is required to start a new thread.

was only trying to say that there is no need to wait 12 hours for me . (Poster has a reputation to maintain , about being confusing and stuff .)

@Ajidica do the new thread, lest Lemon Merchant claim it on the ancient common-law grounds of yoinks.

Your getting it legitimately's exactly what I'm afraid of!

@Ajidica do the new thread, lest Lemon Merchant claim it on the ancient common-law grounds of yoinks.
Wow, I don't remember the last time I got a serial thread. Give me a minute.

*notices that Ajidica's post is listed as ‘1 minute ago’ already*

*notices that Ajidica's post is listed as ‘1 minute ago’ already*
Because of that, I'm going to use proper numbers instead of those silly greek numbers.

Georgian numerals FTW!

Moderator Action: Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom