• Other: Please say which

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • We don't need any more nations

Votes: 7 12.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thecivinator58

Warlord
Now that the unit limit is fixed, who should we choose next? I just made a list of seven options of nations that were significant and/or we have graphics for.

I votes for no more counties, I prefer to getting more depth to the ones we have allready (eg more projects and maybe even units). Or maybe even features, like the winter feature from RtW in Civ4 if at all possible.

it's possible if we force a reload of the map to reflect the change.

problem is reloading from inside a game cause trouble with some data, we'll have to force the user to leave to main menu and reload.

unless the new "reset map at turn 0" feature from the last patch means that graphical change to the terrain could be applied without having to reload...

edit: adding new nations won't slow me until the moment to code it in. If I had to chose, I'd go for Poland, trying to survive would be quite a challenge.

I think Romania could be a good idea, because for the moment, russians don't encounter any resistance when they attack there.

I think we should do "placeholder" nations first. What I mean by that, is that in a given area, how much resistance is met? Currently, in the minor axis (Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria) a Greek or Russian player can walk in and take everything without a second thought. That's why I voted Romania. (Second choice would be Hungary or Finland.)

we can also give the cs more units if needed.

Poland will be very fun, we can fight Germany and Russia, and we can have cavalry units (+50% :c5strength: vs infantry 25 :c5strength:).
EDIT: I don't think Romania was very important!

I don't think Romania was very important!
Than go ahead and read something, even it is just on wikipedia.org... Romania was the third strongest Axis power in war, which is often forgotten. Most important were the romanian supplies to the Axis powers.

Poland put up stiff resistance and I'm not seeing that here. Poland was also very important in the Battle of Italy.

Poland will be very fun, we can fight Germany and Russia, and we can have cavalry units (+50% :c5strength: vs infantry 25 :c5strength:).
EDIT: I don't think Romania was very important!

Do you think that oil was not very important ?

@Skibbi:

Of course polish resistance vs Nazi invasion nearly made the Wehrmacht collapse, but in the end Poland was taken in no time and more or less erased from world maps. So their impact in WWII was not that high, especially in comparison to other countries that fought WWII till the end. So whenever you do such very harsh demands think about it a moment: What about the resources of the developers? What impact on balance may occur? What might other people want to see next? What is really needed in terms of priority (bugfixes etc.)?

I want to suggest to boost USSR industrial capacities a bit. Behind the line Leningrad-Moscow-Stalingrad there are nearly no huge cities and nearly no industrial complexes that may show the huge industrial power. Especially in the Earth 1942 map, where most of the huge industrial complexes have been transferred to the middle of USSR near or behind the Ural. I don't now if anyone plays Stalin very often an can give us a hint about that. Last time i did that it felt this way. Only huge western USSR cities had reasonable production time, i think. Would it destroy the balance? Should the foreign support of USSR by landlease etc. be more pronounced?

To me as playing Nazi/deity most in the last time it seems to be to easy (although it's not very easy) to leave the major cities on eastern front untouched and just blitz around the smaller cities to cut of supply lines there. In addition the city strength of some cities (Moscow ~120) feels perverted, really. I'm not sure if this suggestion will break balance and make it totally impossible to win as Nazi player, as long as Finland's/Italian troops act totally useless and Hungary and Romania do really nothing...

Which brings me to the point: Does anyone else feels the need of buffing support of Hungary and Romania etc. to Nazi-Germany? Perhaps land convoys? What about more aggressive troops from there? Or just produce troops to gift them to Germany (like military Civil states?)?

I votes for no more counties, I prefer to getting more depth to the ones we have allready (eg more projects and maybe even units). Or maybe even features, like the winter feature from RtW in Civ4 if at all possible.

Winter feature would be nice but I wouldn't want to play Germany then.:)

All I'm saying is that Romania isn't important till we have oil as a resource!
And also, guess my nationality.

Would anyone go for Hungary or Finland as an alternate?

Would anyone go for Hungary or Finland as an alternate?

I think a new real ally for Hitler-Players would be good in terms of balance. Axis players have 3 nations atm, one isolated (japan) and two surrounded and weak in comparison to allies/soviets with all their colonies/territory. Which it will be in particular doesn't matter. So i still recommend Hungary/Romania. Work on Finland is in progress i think. See here http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=473931

All I'm saying is that Romania isn't important till we have oil as a resource!
OK, again, slowly: atm all the support to keep an army running is represented by reinforcements. Which means you need personal/material to keep your army running. That is the current state of the game(!).

Nazigermany has always been very (in terms of more than the half of the whole used resources like oil, fat, iron, etc.) dependent on resources from other countries. First they needed french and Swedish imports for war with Poland, than a lot from USSR for the war in the west. After Operation Barbarossa they heavily rely on Romanian oil. After strategic bombing of resource production centers the whole economy collapsed with enormous effect on the army. For example: tanks (the strategic main element of Hitlers war machine) and aircraft (for intercepting/tactical bombing) have not been able to put into combat and were beaten fast.

In language of wwII mod: without the Swedish/Romanian supplies Nazigermany should simply not be able to have the army the need to compete the allies because they just lack the personal/material in their homelands. So even without any oil-resource: the importance of Hungary/Romania in terms of wwII is probably higher than the Italian one. Historical fact.

I already posted enough arguments for a new nation on the axis side in terms of balance. Go ahead and read them to. Also, in a discussion it is usual to exchange arguments to support ones point of view. Just saying: "This has to happen, because i want it to happen!" is no valid argument and will never help you being listened to.

And also, guess my nationality.
It is a game. And it is made by a hand full of people voluntarily. It has nothing to do with patriotism or rivalry. It's a game for everyone from any nation. It should make fun and it's not meant to support national feelings or "romantic" views of wwII. So, sorry to say that, but your nationality has nothing to do with what should be next in the mod.

I think a new real ally for Hitler-Players would be good in terms of balance. Axis players have 3 nations atm, one isolated (japan) and two surrounded and weak in comparison to allies/soviets with all their colonies/territory. Which it will be in particular doesn't matter. So i still recommend Hungary/Romania. Work on Finland is in progress i think. See here http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=473931

If Hungary is to be added, we would need more cities:

Szeged, Miskolc, and Sopron would be nice ;)

Now that I think of it, Australia would be rather important... after all, they fought in kokoda and it will be alot easier for them to invade Japan!

Now that I think of it, Australia would be rather important... after all, they fought in kokoda and it will be alot easier for them to invade Japan!

Balance? 3 small Axis Nations, 5 Allied Nations of which 3 are as huge as all axis together. Where's the point for game play to add another Allied nation first? Not that in several dozens of games AI Japan has ever managed to conquer Australia although i wiped out all USSR/China/India till turn 60 (As Mussolini/Hitler) at least. So by buffing Australia with further Main-Civ-Units it's going to be even more unbalanced in the Pacific.

I want to suggest a totally new nation to add: Turkey!

To get a first impression of my reasons it should be enough to read wikipedia about the German relations to Turkey/Osman since WWI. The allies did some great efforts to keep Turkey neutral. If Hitler had success in dragging Turkey to war on Axis side they could have opened a new front in middle east and the south of USSR. Turkey had several reasons to enter war on Axis side (see WWI and bad feelings about USSR/France/UK).

Turkey is another actor in WWII that influenced a lot by doing nothing.

Top Bottom