Which of your parents do you respect more and why?

Which of your parents do you respect more?

• Total voters

Eukaryote

Deity
I dunno why I made this thread, but I did.

I respect my mom more, because my dad was a BLANK while they were married, and she's a better parent and has a better job.

Use whoever raised you, it doesn't have to be your biological parents.

I love both my parents equally, and respect them both though in different ways.

Both of them make a lot of rash stupid decisions. I'm gonna go grandpa if it has to be a relative. If not then my 10th grade history teacher, he was a great guy that helped me quite a bit in life.

My mom. Put herself through part of college and law school.

Dad didn't finish college while growing up in a much more well-off household, not to mention a pretty affluent area.

Pretty much, I respect and love them both equally. In terms of accomplishments though, my dad has done a lot more. Not for any lack of ability on my mom's side, just lack of opportunity (stay at home moms don't get many chances for accomplishments you know)

The eco-village that I belong to eschews the notion of the family as being ecologically unsustainable... I do not know which of the adults who raised me were my biological parents.

I like my mom more so for her personal attributes. She's more socially adept and whatnot than my dad is, but is also a bit crazier, which gets annoying. She's more fun to talk to, partially because she isn't awkward and is pretty open about herself. She was the one who slapped me and my brother around when we misbehaved.

My dad is a social dud. Terribly awkward, nerdy, distant...etc. Basically any social malady you can think of, he has (well, other than violence I guess). On the other hand, he is also very intelligent and hard-working. His current job entails him to travel out-of-state at least once a week. I don't really know much about him though, because he just won't talk about himself, even if you ask him...it's kind of frustrating because I wish I knew more about him. He is also very submissive to my mother...which is annoying. I kind of wish he had more of a spine sometimes.

Overall I guess I'd prefer my mom. But I do love them both as only a son could. :)

My mom, she accepted me for who I was and held her kids in a higher esteem then her beleifs. She didnt argue, she understood, she would disagree, but she would give reasons for it. She never told me I was stupid for what I beleived, just let it be or reasoned with me as to why what I beleived was wrong. She was the appitamy of unconditional love, she never let petty pride get in the way. Her kids were always first. My mother by far.

My blood surrogate K76-3A touched me in more ways than my blood surrogate K23-4J.

My blood surrogate K76-3A touched me in more ways than my blood surrogate K23-4J.

Any reference to dystopian fiction on this forum will result in you immediately not being taken seriously. Welcome to the forums.

Ultimately, my grandparents, because they're the ones who raised me.

I respect my parents equally, though for different reasons. Silly question.
Any reference to dystopian fiction on this forum will result in you immediately not being taken seriously.
Who wants to be taken seriously?

Equally now as they've both moved on to the next plane of existence. Or not as the case may be.;)

Pretty much, I respect and love them both equally. In terms of accomplishments though, my dad has done a lot more. Not for any lack of ability on my mom's side, just lack of opportunity (stay at home moms don't get many chances for accomplishments you know)

She could be a very good mom, parents have a lot of potential to effect their kids in a good way.

Top Bottom