Which pet is/was your longest lived pet?

My memaw had a little poodle that was born some time in the mid-80s. It got sick in 1998 (it was already pretty old by then) and the vet told her to have it euthanized but instead she brought it home for it to die on its own and the dog got better. It finally died in 2008 (ran over while backing out). That dog must been somewhere around 22-23 years old or more.

My pet rock is a bit over 6000 years old and counting.

Current Cat, who is called Jill, is about 9.
(Her, brother, incidentally called Jack (seeing a pattern here?), sadly died after a year or so when he went out on a long walk and was hit by a truck. :()
Actually, the other parakeet that the aforementioned parakeet Jill lived with was named Jack. :eek:

I have a chihuahua named Jasmine that is 20. Had a cat named Cleo that lived to be 19.

My memaw had a little poodle that was born some time in the mid-80s. It got sick in 1998 (it was already pretty old by then) and the vet told her to have it euthanized but instead she brought it home for it to die on its own and the dog got better. It finally died in 2008 (ran over while backing out). That dog must been somewhere around 22-23 years old or more.

Anyone that has a memaw is okay with me.

Benji was a peekapoo that lived 17 years and is buried under the step to my shop. His mother was a gift from my motherinlaw. That dog had the very tip of its tail cut off by a door and was prone to fits of tail chasing as a result.

The best memories of Benji was the way we go on a walk and if another dog was encountered he would fiercely rush and bark at them until they'd bark back, at which point he'd beat an immediate whimpering retreat and jump into your arms for protection.

And he was terrified of any storm, a clash of lightning and he'd try, it seemed, to crawl inside one of us like he was seeking to reenter the womb for safety's sake.

My cat is poised to break that record, if he makes it to next Feb, but I am not sure. He is definitely going to make to November as he is a conservative cat and will not miss a chance to vote out Obama.

My pet rock is a bit over 6000 years old and counting.

I call Shenanigans!! :hammer:

Unless you're in possession of a mythical YEC 'rock', then I challenge your assertion that this pet rock is that young.

Please provide evidence, otherwise we are left no recourse but to reject your assertion. Because, of course, That which is asserted without evidence may be rejected without evidence.

You realize your comment makes no sense "over 6000" encompasses all numbers greater than 6000.

Top Bottom