1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Which religion is going to Heaven

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by goodyhut, May 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goodyhut

goodyhut Warlord

First off, I realize people can get upset when you talk about thier religious beliefs (or lack thereof) and this thread isn't intended to judge anybody or to say this is the way it's gotta be or you are going to Hell. Also, these forums are the only place I ever discuss this stuff too.

A little background on my religion is that I am Methodist but grew up Episcopol (sp?). My wife goes to church every week but I just go every now and then. Niether of us believe that you must go to church to be a good Christian. I believe that I shall never truly die because I believe.

The purpose of this thread is to discuss the different religions and why we believe what we do. I don't believe that my way is the only way. I believe that a Muslim or a Budist can go to Heaven when they die as long as they confess thier sins and ask for forgiveness. I also believe that an atheist or agnostic can go to heaven but they are going to have a much more difficult time since they don't believe in anything to ask for forgiveness.

I also realize that the agnostic and atheist don't believe in life after death since they don't believe in God.

I respect your beliefs if you disagree with me on any point but I would also urge you to give believing a chance if you don't currently believe in anything and if you believe in a different doctrine or religion than me my hope is that you can see us as equals, both having the same oportunities to live here and forever.

Yankee feel free to close this post if you don't think it has any purpose, I won't take offence. But I hope that we can have a good lively discussion about our beliefs.

I would urge everybody to be curteous towards each other in thier posts and to avoid any flaming. The floor is now open for discussion : )

2. Narz

Narz keeping it real

If people focused on creating heaven on Earth instead the world would be a much better place.

3. silver 2039

silver 2039 Deity

All religons are man-made tools used for exploitation of the ignorant masses. Hevean (and hell for that matter) is a human construct with the goal of forcing people to follow certain things and rules the religon demands. A true carrot and stick. If you want someone to go on a crusade or blow themself up you promise them heaven, and threathan hell to those that don't. Unfourtunatley many people are taken in by such and never really think about how religon was created, used, and why.

4. Tenochtitlan

Tenochtitlan Supreme Commander

Stephen Colbert put it best, "And though I am a committed Christian, I believe that everyone has the right to their own religion, be you Hindu, Jewish or Muslim. I believe there are infinite paths to accepting Jesus Christ as your personal savior."

:lol:

5. Carcosa

Carcosa Chieftain

An atheist believes in God but chooses not to do what God would have them do?

I think you need to read up on atheism and agnosticism.

6. goodyhut

goodyhut Warlord

First of all, I respect your choice to be anti-religion, silver. The reason religions are created and the way they are used are 2 totaly different things. Religions are created because, and this is quoting the quote from the game here, "Nature herself has imprinted on the minds of all, the idea of God."

Throughout the ages religion has often been misused and abused by those in power. It is not this way in general. In general religion is used as a guide to sprituality. It realy only a handful of every religion that are facist and exploit religion to achieve thier on selfish desires. Those that blow themselves up for a promise of heaven are decieved by thier religious leaders in power.

7. countalorkrin

countalorkrin Warlord

as silver said this god is a man made tool which people are foolishly obeying. such people have not even heard the word SCIENCE and tansfer their stupidity to others by the means of conversion. if someone were to see light they will see that conversion is actually the true evil that these christians speak of. by saying that all relgions have a path to jesus is nonsense. most pre-christian religions well in fact all are based on nature and science and have nothing to do with a deity that is not in the form of an animal or a nature such as a tree such as this jesus. if you look back at the past all these christians have done is convert, murder those who refuse to convert, and destroy all past creations and traditions. only a true christian will realise this and if this person has an intellect at all realise that there is no heaven or hell, but science, and our earth.

8. countalorkrin

countalorkrin Warlord

a truly excelent respone.. more poeple should think like you and realise the mess our world is in.

9. countalorkrin

countalorkrin Warlord

dont mean to be rude but i feel what you are saying is a polite way of trying to convert somone... saying that other religions and people can go to heaven if they ask for forgivness is a christian heresy. non abrahmic relgions dont even have this concept of sins. they promote humanity which in theory is leaving yourself to yourself and not bothering anyone else.
    me myself am a satanist which is close to being an atheist but having more respet for our earth. many a times ive had methodists and baptists on my back trying to convert me cause i worship the 'devil'.. and that they are saving me. saving someone means physically or mentally helping somone from a bad medium. conversion only adds to this mental torture and forces people into bad habits such as murder and child abuse

10. Fischfang

Fischfang Warlord

The mormons are going to heaven.
    If you're not mormon you'll go to hell.

11. Mr. Dictator

Mr. Dictator A Chain-Smoking Fox

:lol: :lol:

southpark

btw what about scientologists, where do they go?

12. Neonanocyborgasm

Neonanocyborgasm Deity

None of the religions are going to heaven, because each one thinks it's the correct religion, and all others are misguided. Some religions don't believe in a heaven.

13. CruddyLeper

CruddyLeper Unworshipped Deity

"Many are the paths to my Father's house, but broad is the path to destruction."

You'd think the so-called followers of Christ would actually adhere to the words, wouldn't you.

14. Mr. Dictator

Mr. Dictator A Chain-Smoking Fox

its what happens when man interprets divine law

15. Shaihulud

Shaihulud Deity

I have heard that only mormons go to heaven.

16. Ecclesiastes

Ecclesiastes Before your time

mathew 7:13
    "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it"

You were......a little off.

And to the original OP. GoodyHut, I beleive you are following the religion of GoodyHut, not Christianity. You might want to seriously check yourself, or stop using salvation as a cheap gimmick.

17. soul_warrior

soul_warrior Termite!

everybody wants to be special, be it "the chosen people" or any other group.
    people have a need to belong to US as opposed to THEM.
    THEY will go to hell (or a similar place) while WE, the good ones, will be rewarded by going to a place where we dont suffer anymore.

personally, i dont believe in a god or an afterlife, but i might be wrong.
    so im hedging my bets, living life with as much respect as i can give to ALL faiths and religions.
    i abide by a sort of universal code of morals that i can sum up as
    Be a good person, treat others as you would like to be treated and roll with the cards life deals you
    cant go too wrong there, right?

if there is a heaven-hell, i believe that ANY religion you believe in will send your "soul" to the proper place, and if you dont, you will still get there.

it is not the specific god you worship.
    it is HOW YOU TREATED YOUR FELLOW HUMANS.

18. Tycoon101

Tycoon101 Loves being STRONG

Yes, if you have a good heart then you will go to paradise. Or, if you are right your faith and I am wrong then you will go on to the afterlife.

19. Inqvisitor

Inqvisitor King

Be it known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God hath raised from the dead, even by him this man standeth here before you whole.

This is the stone which was rejected by you the builders, which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there salvation in any other. For there is no other name under heaven given to men, whereby we must be saved.

(The Acts Of The Apostles iv. 8-12)

20. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

It is not about religion that makes you go to heaven, but believing in Jesus will get you to heaven.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.