Which rock guitarist is the biggest poser?

Kyriakos

Creator
Guitarists often are utter posers, so why not ask the question to expose (cough) them :band:

Note that classical-metal hybrid guitarists aren't really meant to be included, cause they are all utter posers anyway :yup:

Some candidates, imo:

Slash (Guns n Roses)

Jerry Candrell (Alice in Chains)

Brian May (Queen)

Link to video.

Candrell was hyper-emo.

You forgot the biggest poser of all, The Edge from U2.

As has been said before, The Edge hardly is a guitarist in the first place ;)

Of course, but I don't doubt that a lot of people out there who don't know anything about the guitar consider him a great player, simply because he plays in an uber-popular band.

What makes Slash a poser? He is really talented, it seems.

Yeah I like Slash too. Maybe he's not the greatest player, but he's good and charismatic. That works.

What makes Slash a poser? He is really talented, it seems.

Well, perhaps not a poser, but very overrated given he isn't a virtuoso at all-- yet passes as one :)

Imo he is better as a composer of memorable solos. A bit like fellow overrated guitarist Dave Mustaine (who likely is worse than Slash technically...).

But Mustaine has been primarily a rhythm guitarist for a while now.

A poser to me would be someone who pretends to be someone he's not. All Slash seems to be doing is playing guitar and not giving a crap what people think - and he seems to be really good at it too.

So if he's overrated, that's fine, although I might disagree, I don't know too much about the guy tbh. Calling him a "poser" seems way over the top, though.

Radiohead produces some very good soundscape work (in addition to The Bends) and doesn't deserved to get tarnished with the "emo" brush. Slash, on the other hand, was basically always a very crappy guy and is easily the biggest poser of the people mentioned so far.

Maybe Slash just looks better next to Axl :D

I agree that Radiohead made cool music, but i also think (from interviews i saw) that at least the lead guitarist, and Yorke, are (were?) incredibly poser/emo.

Justin Bieber?

So should this thread's title be changed to: "Which rock guitarists does Kyriakos not like and wants an excuse to complain about?"

Because you know we have a rants thread for that.

Dear Dave Mustaine

Please never write any more lyrics. For anyone. At all.

Thanks!

PS: Free Chris Broderick!

Did I travel back in time to high school

Top Bottom