Which spot should I settle?

yogiebere

Civilization City Planner
Already got 6 good cities as Portugal,Emperor,Standard,Pangaea, going Progress. Figure I'll war with Egypt to take some more cities, so I'd like to do only 7 settled cities.

I'm thinking either the spot on the plains/hill to the left of the sheep near Krakatoa (I get Krakatoa and 2 fish 1 whale) or the spot inbetween the iron and bison (2 tiles NW of iron, I get 2 whale 1 fish, a bison, and more land tiles overall). What do you think?

FYI I settled Leira but realize it's not providing a ton of new tiles except those ivory, was this a mistake?

Attachments

• settle.png
    settle.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 203
Already got 6 good cities as Portugal,Emperor,Standard,Pangaea, going Progress. Figure I'll war with Egypt to take some more cities, so I'd like to do only 7 settled cities.

I'm thinking either the spot on the plains/hill to the left of the sheep near Krakatoa (I get Krakatoa and 2 fish 1 whale) or the spot inbetween the iron and bison (2 tiles NW of iron, I get 2 whale 1 fish, a bison, and more land tiles overall). What do you think?

FYI I settled Leira but realize it's not providing a ton of new tiles except those ivory, was this a mistake?
The spot where you manage to work on Krakatoa is nice. Lots of resources, a natural wonder, on a hill, only one tile to the sea. You might even get some synergy between feitorias.

I would have waited settling a city like Leira. I like to settle first where I get more immediate resources or where I can stop my neighbours expansion. Portugal thrives on coasts, so I would have settled Leira in the suggested cattle location.

Grab krakatao.
It will also mean a hill side city that sort of protects Leira from that side.
I'd actually try to fill that penninsula asap to prevent anyone else from settling there.

Leira is a bit meh but elephants are very strong, you have animal husbandry (I see horse), get military theory, connect the resource.
Two elephants with say a spearman and an archer support can defend a LOT of agression.

I would sure settle both. They are really good. One to the left from Sheep and another one on the hill to the left from Fish and down-left from Bison. With Progress 8 Cities are okay.

Leira is not the best city in the world but you can live with that. Build a lot of farms and muild couple of Guils there

I too would settle two cities. The Krakatoa one I'd settle one tile east of Iron, and for the second one it depends how many tiles it can borrow from the northern city (the one that need marble for WLTKD). I'd probably settle on the cattle.

Top Bottom