Which television shows are you watching? β'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rant: Thread title sucks. :mad:

Oh wait, wrong thread.

I started on season 2 of Timeless. Currently hating it. They made stupid changes to the story and the new antagonists are trash.

Rant: Thread title sucks. :mad:

Oh wait, wrong thread.

I started on season 2 of Timeless. Currently hating it. They made stupid changes to the story and the new antagonists are trash.
Timeless is best enjoyed if you don't even try to make sense of it. Trust me, it gets worse.

I can recommend some good fanfics, if you're interested.

I never went to bed last night, so I'd be able to watch the Royal Wedding in real-time (coverage started at 2 am in this time zone; the wedding itself started a couple of hours later).

Parts of it were very nice. Loved the cello music.

Forced to watch the whole rerun of the royal wedding coverage (a friend was over.). Gag.

More of Megan Markle and her feces-eating "I'm gonna be a Princess" (No, Megan, actually you are not) grin. Arrrgh.

On one hand, because of family obligation, I have to be happy for them, but the Irishwoman in me chokes at the whole spectacle.

Forced to watch the whole rerun of the royal wedding coverage (a friend was over.). Gag.

More of Megan Markle and her feces-eating "I'm gonna be a Princess" (No, Megan, actually you are not) grin. Arrrgh.

On one hand, because of family obligation, I have to be happy for them, but the Irishwoman in me chokes at the whole spectacle.
I've managed to avoid most of it.........I only read coverage from The Onion.:D
Everything You Need To Know About The Royal Wedding

Man, I just do not see the point. I wouldn't watch a wedding of someone I know. Certainly wouldn't watch a wedding of strangers, especially strangers that consider themselves above the rest.

I bailed on Timeless. The first season flew by in 3 days but it's taken me 4 days to watch 2 and a half episodes of the second season. It is just so bad. Pass.

So instead I decided I'd catch up on Discovery. I just reached the Mirror Universe arc. It's... interesting, so far, I guess.

Spoiler :
The Burnham romance with the Klingon sleeper agent is bad, though.

Well, if you replace "princess" with "royal duchess by marriage", then yes, that is exactly what she is now.

There were parts of the wedding I liked, such as the cellist. He's only 19 years old, so he'll definitely be someone to listen to as he matures as a musician.

The preacher/televangelist/whatever that rambling nonsense was went on waaaay too long. Apparently some of the family had "wtf" expressions on their faces, and I don't blame them. After several minutes I muted the sound on the TV. I checked a couple of times to see if he was saying anything interesting, but he was just repeating himself.

At least Andrew's daughters didn't go full-on weird with their hats. Camilla and Oprah should have realized that less is more.

Little Charlotte was sure cute, though.

It couldn't possibly be that she was just really happy to be marrying the man she loves, and was enjoying herself. How dare she have the utter gall to have a good time at her own wedding. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
It couldn't possibly be that she was just really happy to be marrying the man she loves, and was enjoying herself. How dare she have the utter gall to have a good time at her own wedding. :rolleyes:
I was referring to the constant media coverage previous to the wedding where she has this smarmy grin on her face like she's now better than everyone.

And yes, it is an Irish thing.

Well, if you replace "princess" with "royal duchess by marriage", then yes, that is exactly what she is now.
Exactly. Kate Middleton is not a princess either, though when William becomes Prince of Wales, she will inherit the title of sorts, as Diana did. Unless I'm mistaken, or what my family has told me is incorrect, Diana was also not really a princess either, but gained the moniker by the media, and the fact that she was married to Charles and addressed as such because of that. Being a peer prior to her marriage to Charles gave her a bit of advanced status as well.

Whatever. :coffee: I'd never heard of her before the engagement announcement, so I have no idea how to tell whether her grins are smarmy or not.

Time will tell if she acts with dignity or if she acts like a vapid airhead. And I presume that it's already been explained to her that she isn't a princess and won't be. After all, none of the other royal wives are princesses. As far as I know, they're all duchesses.

Technically, Camilla is also Princess of Wales, but she's never referred to as that.

Diana was definitely an aristocrat, but not a peer, as she never held a title in her own right. Sophie is a countess, of course, but yes, to become a princess in the House of Windsor, you need to be the daughter or granddaughter of the sovereign.

@hobbsyoyo from old thread. Yeah, Bojack's jerkishness & woe is me is definitely getting a little old. I feel like all the characters are losing their charm, but every once in awhile there's a really good episode so I keep watching. Also I'm curious how it ends.

I thought I would catch up on Vikings, but every night I found another dimwit movie, which suits me better.

Rostered On. It's like an Australian The Office but not nearly as funny. Also I find it really bizarre that the electronics store (like a best buy) closes at 530pm.

Arrested Development Season 4 Remastered. I only watched this because Netflix advertised it as 'New Episodes' even though it really wasn't. It turned out I had hated this season so much that I had forgotten most of the plot points or had been unable to follow the overall plot arcs because of the confusing way they structured the season when it first aired. I only had a sneaking suspicion that I had already seen this season for the first few episodes before a friend told me they were just the remastered take on an old season.

Anyways the remastered season is definitely a big improvement over what they originally aired which gives me hope that Season 5 will actually be good.

I have now caught up on Discovery, and I think I need to revise my previous comments on the show. I still don't like what they did with the Klingons but the actual storyline really buffed out as the season progressed and the mirror arc actually wasn't bad.

The finale was not good, but most aren't. I think this show has the potential to be like TNG and DS9 where the first season or two is its worst and then gets better as it finds its footing. Will season 2 be a continuation of the story or is it skipping ahead? I remember whisperings of the show being an anthology before it aired...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom