Which television shows are you watching? β'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inuyasha's awesome.

Do you agree that it went downhill? If not, I'm not sure we're going to agree on what constitutes quality.

People who tell you that it's Dragon Ball for girls are just unsure of their own masculinity.

The two full episodes dedicated to the main characters refusing to talk to each other and moping around because last episode involved love triangle jealousy might've created that impression, possibly. :p

(But I don't mind that.)

Last edited:
I'm watching Narcos: Mexico

about halfway through

Do you agree that it went downhill? If not, I'm not sure we're going to agree on what constitutes quality.
Downhill? It's Takahashi Rumiko's style and the quality of individual chapters might indeed vary; the mood swings are not as wild as in GinTama but if you've read or watched Ranma½ you wouldn't even mind.
You'd better watch a few more episodes before making a definitive judgement.
Mouthwash said:
The two full episodes dedicated to the main characters refusing to talk to each other and moping around because last episode involved the love triangle characters might've created that impression, possibly. :p

(But I don't mind that.)
*blinks*

I just started Damnation on Netflix, wow I haven't even finished the first episode (I usually watch Netflix to fall asleep) and I'm already hooked. The preacher is kickass!

Something slightly less archaic than Zkrib's tastes, but I've been watching The Nanny a lot.

December television bits n' bobs:

• Killing Eve is on Hulu. An assassin and an MI-5 agent play cat-and-mouse across Europe. Has an odd sense of humor. And the duelists sort of develop crushes on each other. Recommended. I'll definitely be watching it again.
  • Elseworlds, The CW's annual crossover superhero event featuring Supergirl, The Flash and Green Arrow. The mini-series will feature the debut of The CW's Lois Lane, the debut of Batwoman, and John Wesley Shipp reprising his role as The Flash from the 1990 tv series. 3 nights, starting Dec 9th. I don't watch all of these shows anymore, but these annual crossovers are usually self-contained, so if you want a dose of superhero action without committing to an ongoing series, this might be a good choice.
  • The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: A Midwinter's Tale, a "1-shot" on Netflix, Dec 13th. This looks like a "standalone" story, so I don't know if you need to watch the series, but I recommend it anyway.
  • Timeless 2-hour series finale. NBC canceled it after 2 seasons due to poor ratings, but gave the writers & cast a 2-hour "television movie" to wrap things up with a bow. Not recommended, if you haven't been watching the series. Dec 20th.
  • Marvel's Runaways on Hulu and The Orville on FOX both had enough in their first seasons to bring me back for their second seasons. It'll probably fine to jump aboard without having seen the first seasons. The 21st and the 30th, respectively.
  • Luther, season 5. The BBC-Idris Elba series is supposedly airing around Christmas, but I don't know when, or when it will be available in North America. Tenterhooks.

Endeavour. 'nuff said.

New seasons of Last Kingdom and Frontier on Netflix

I've been meaning to watch the newer Last Kingdom episodes, but I just don't get around to doing it.

I watched the first season of Body of Proof over the last couple of weeks (it's only 9 episodes). I still have a teenaged crush on Dana Delany and I liked the idea of "Sherlock Holmes, but the Sherlock character is a woman." It turns out it's a very run-of-the-mill network crime procedural. If you're looking for that sort of thing, it will scratch the itch, but there are better iterations of that formula out there (I still think the early seasons of C.S.I. were excellent, even though the franchise devolved into a punchline).

I've become entangled in Get Shorty on Netflix. It's quite good at balancing its humor with the serious tone of organized crime.

@hobbsyoyo did you ever watch AD season 5? I thought it was pretty good.

yes same concept

TV show is currently 12 times longer than the movie, though. Loads more time to flesh things out.

It does sound moderately interesting. As long as it isn't sanitised as Be Cool ended up being then I might take a gander when/if it comes out of Netflix.

Netflix's Pine Gap scratched the techno-thriller itch that Amazon's Jack Ryan didn't.

Inuyasha's awesome. People who tell you that it's Dragon Ball for girls are just unsure of their own masculinity.
Isn't that the one awesome anime that newer got an ending? Or am I thinking of something else?

The last season was released ages after the previous one and it condensed far more of the manga than was usual, yes.

That sounds great. One of the problems with the show so far is the excess of filler (on episode 152 now).

Out of curiosity, what language did you watch it in? I did Japanese.

InuYasha? i ended up (re-)watching it in Japanese subtitled in English, but the Latin American Castilian/Españish dub was downright awesome (same with Dragon Ball, the LatAm dubs are far better than the ones into English).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom