Which television shows are you watching? β'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the books and then couldn't get through the first episode.
Unlike nearly all book-based shows, this one actually gets better once they're past the book material.

I remember being underwhelmed by the first few episodes too.

I don't remember an alien tribe in s2.

Maybe it is was soon revealed they weren't alien (?), but the cliffhanger of the ep i stopped watching the series at (probably ep 4 or similar, of season 2) iirc had the martian soldiers attacked by some force which looked alien when one of its soldiers neared the camera.

Maybe it is was soon revealed they weren't alien (?), but the cliffhanger of the ep i stopped watching the series at (probably ep 4 or similar, of season 2) iirc had the martian soldiers attacked by some force which looked alien when one of its soldiers neared the camera.
Weeellll, yes. But again no...
Spoiler :
...that was the protomolecule again, but in a different weaponized form, being field-tested by another GiantEvilSuperCorpTM

The Magicians and The Expanse are the only two shows I watch right now that are based on books, but they're both excellent. I know that Game of Thrones is well-regarded, too, but I don't watch it (I also haven't read the books). But in the vast hurricane of television shows these days, good and bad, it's hard to say that 3 represents any kind of trend.

EDIT: I just remembered, Killing Eve is based on a series of books (which I haven't read). And if you wanted to throw comics and graphic novels into the mix, you could add things like Umbrella Academy and The Walking Dead.

Last edited:
I usually have a rewatch of something going at any given time. It can be tough to pay attention to a new show with as much time I spend watching things, especially if it's in a foreign language and I need to rely on subtitles.

I'm watching Kingdom right now, a Korean show about zombies. I gave Black Summer, an English zombie show, a try first and it SUCKS. Then I tried Traitors, a show about post-WW2 Britain being infiltrated by those damned dirty commies, and that wasn't good either. Kingdom thus far is much better, but it's in Korean so it's slow going.

My current rewatch is Friends, meanwhile. I'm on season 9 right now. When I'm finished, my rewatch show will likely be Brooklyn Nine Nine.

(Re)watching old stuff is one of the great gifts of streaming. Just in the last couple of years, I've watched episodes of E.R., Prime Suspect, Firefly, The West Wing, The Wire, Friday Night Lights, Hill Street Blues, ReGenesis, and Touching Evil (the UK original, although I'd like to see the US remake again too).

I can't wait till I have that much free time. But I think i'll spend a lot of it on the golf course.

In my case, it's less free time and more "I can't be upright any longer but I still have 4 to 5 hours before I can sleep." Not a ton of things you can do while laying down in a dark room.

Never had that problem. (the running out of things to do while laying down in a dark room thing)

Nah, I think that it's just that rah's married.

With children.

Yeah, when you're 64 and married for 30+ years, sleep whenever possible FTW.

You still haven't got Bud and Kelly out of the house, then? ;)

:lol: :lol:
There is no bud, just a Kelly and she lives downtown and will probably be more successful than I am. (excuse the proud father brag)
And I hope I still look better than AL. But it's probably debatable.

^I'd better not get there. But youare from Chicago and married over thirty years and the age is almost the same and you think reading songs is for girls…

Anyway, what is this kitty watching? Check it out! With Steve Brule.

Christina Applegate was sadly so tied to Married with Children that her career was pretty much over after the show.
Unfortunate, given apparently she is nothing like the character she played there.

Never had that problem. (the running out of things to do while laying down in a dark room thing)

same. I even have to admit, though it makes me feel like an arse, that I love when I come to bed and my girlfriend is already asleep, and I can just lie down for as long as I want and think about stuff. those are some of the most cherished, satisfying moments of my every day life.

Christina Applegate was sadly so tied to Married with Children that her career was pretty much over after the show.
Unfortunate, given apparently she is nothing like the character she played there.
Watch Samantha Who? if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom