1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Which television shows are you watching? Series 4

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Takhisis, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

Binge watched season 4 the other day. It's good can also recommend Ozark.

2. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

So what exactly is the premise of the show?

3. Zkribbler

Zkribbler Deity

Hawaii 5-0 is going off the air. :wavey: I was a big fan of the original series, but I found the reboot to be abhorrent and was never able to sit thru and entire episode. :thumbsdown: Aloha.

4. EgonSpengler

EgonSpengler Deity

There's a top secret research lab underneath a rural town. Weird stuff ensues.

Laurana Kanan likes this.
  5. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

And, IIRC and if it matters to you, the shows seem to be rated for kids 16 and under.

6. Takhisis

Takhisis Free Hong Kong

The '90s never died! The Nanny still rocks.

7. EgonSpengler

EgonSpengler Deity

Amazon has rated it "18+", but I don't know why. At least in the first two episodes, there's no violence, no sex, no drug use. I don't even remember any 'harsh language.' Maybe it takes a startling turn later, but so far, if it was a movie, it'd be rated PG.

Birdjaguar likes this.
  8. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

Because I have a 2-year old I have been watching Octonauts ad nauseum. And reading Octonauts books ad nauseum.

At least it's a pretty good and educational kids show...I think I would have had a mental breakdown by this point if it were something of a lower quality.

Synsensa likes this.
  9. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

Better Call Saul managed to get better in the last couple of episodes of S4. It wasn't great, but it was watchable. I put the show on pause for a few weeks after I got fed up with all the actors sniffing their own farts in every scene in the middle of the season. They kept going for maximum dramatic tension and seriousness acting and it was overwrought to hell.

Bill Maher came back last week and the new format absolutely sucks. He started with his usual monologue but he put in a laugh track. This was supposed to be a comical take on the fact that he was doing the show from home without an audience but it was deeply unfunny and ruined the entire monologue imo. He also did 1 on 1 interviews with people instead of setting up a group video chat to do a panel. This made the show 10x less funny and also boring.

He capped this with an interview with Bernie Sanders which was good but failed to ask the only question that really matters (IMO): are you dropping out or nah?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  10. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd Rest in Peace Black Panther

If you like that kind of stuff (Sexy Vampires) you might like Shadow Hunters: The Mortal Instruments. My wife loves that genre, so I am forced to half-watch pretty much everything that comes out in it. Pretty bog-standard sexy vampire fare, with a heavy helping of Supernatural mixed in.

Synsensa likes this.
  11. Synsensa

Synsensa Deity Retired Moderator

I tried out Shadow Hunters but the story was unforgivably bad. Vampire Diaries at least has the window dressing of a plot (the whole doppelganger thing has some merit). Shadow Hunters felt very Riverdale to me, wherein story was just homeopathic.

12. EgonSpengler

EgonSpengler Deity

A Discovery of Witches is the best version of that story these days, imho. I'm kind of burnt out on that genre now (I go back to Forever Knight, but not as far back as Dark Shadows), but if it had been on when I was reading Laurel Hamilton and Tanya Huff (anybody remember the Blood Ties tv series with Christina Cox? I think that was the last one of these that I watched) and wishing that Buffy was still on, I think I would've loved it.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  13. GoodSarmatian

GoodSarmatian Jokerfied Western Male

It may also bore anyone who might expect a plot.
    It's even more pointless than The Leftovers which was a terrible waste of time but at least had a potentially interesting premise.

Anyway, binged The Outsider.
    First episode was a bit confusing and annoying.
    Very bleak atmosphere, boring "slow sad" camera pans, a bit of anachronistic order storytelling. Hallmarks of a pretentious and too clever by half show that I write off at episode one or three.
    It's pretty good though. The mystery is gradually unraveled at a decent pace and all the steps are gripping.

14. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

I tried Community now that it's on Netflix. It didn't do anything for me.

15. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

Four Seasons??!! Damn it must go way past the events of Season 1 then. I just started Season 2 and figured it would end there. :)

16. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

Technically season 1 and 2 are one season, Netflix broke it in two

Birdjaguar likes this.
  17. abradley

abradley Deity

Key word 'fictionalization'.
    Good tale ... but a fictionalization so needs to be viewed as such.

Key word 'fictionalization'.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  18. Takhisis

Takhisis Free Hong Kong

I know that Syn-chan would do anything to spite me, but you needn't go that far.

19. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd Rest in Peace Black Panther

Just finished Marvel: Inhumans... terrible... a premise that was just interesting enough and a series mercifully short enough (1 Season, 8 episodes) to let me hang on just to see how it ends. The idea had tons of potential, and was an intriguing premise, but the whole thing just ended up being a hodge-podge mess trying to decide what it wanted to be and trying to be everything at the same time while failing at pretty much everything... from the outfits to the dialogue to the character development to the fight scenes to the CGI :vomit:... After saying... "Wait... What??:confused: but why would they do that if they already...?" about 25 times per episode I gave up and just let it run until the end so I could just see how it ended.

The main heroine is probably the best part of the show, although she isn't immune to the overall failings of the show.

Synsensa likes this.
  20. Broken_Erika

Broken_Erika Nothing

My Condolences.

Sommerswerd likes this.