1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Which television shows are you watching? Series 4

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Takhisis, Mar 2, 2020.

1. EgonSpengler

EgonSpengler Deity

No, I'm too scared to.

Sommerswerd likes this.
  2. Synsensa

Synsensa Deity Retired Moderator

It's real bad.

EgonSpengler and Birdjaguar like this.
  3. Takhisis

Takhisis Free Hong Kong

Your avatars give so much more meaning to that exchange. ^_^

4. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

I watched now S2E1, and nope, nope, nope.
    Spoiler :

So Rasmus is connected via a hive intelligence to the tree, and feels pain when the tree is burned?
    The doctor makes a lumbar puncture, and exclaims "there's no spinal fluid, only virus", and then tons of viruses explode out of Rasmus.... naaaaaaah.

Call me again when they've reached Mordor.

Instead of the last 5 episodes, I've started watching Caliphate.
    1 season right now, not sure if more. Swedish series, about the IS planning an attack in Sweden and the Swedish intelligence agency trying to prevent it.
    Maybe a bit slow, but good so far.

5. EgonSpengler

EgonSpengler Deity

Started watching Upload. The first ep gave me a few laughs, so I'll likely keep on watching.

6. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

I saw that one. I thought it was pretty enjoyable.

7. rah

rah Deity Supporter

Just finished the first season. It wasn't 'great' but definitely worth the watch. It's only 30 minutes. And there are some pretty good sight gags.

8. Synsensa

Synsensa Deity Retired Moderator

I thought there were only four seasons of The IT Crowd. And I guess there were, but Netflix went ahead and said there was an extra episode after I was finished. Some kind of reunion episode, I guess? It wasn't good.

I'm rewatching the first season of Knightfall now because they released the second season and I have no recollection whatsoever of what it's about.

9. Chukchi Husky

Chukchi Husky Lone Wolf

It was the series finale. The DVD calls it "Version 5.0".

Synsensa likes this.
  10. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

I am enjoying "Thieves of the Forest" on Netflix. It has a different name in its original Flemish? language. It is a costume drama about Flanders in about 1750 and small town corruption and injustice. If you are squeamish and don't like gore, nudity or subtitles, it's not for you. Life is not romanticized here. It looks miserable if you are not rich. If the show is accurate, then I learned that Chinese opium was popular and a money maker for drug dealers then too.

11. EgonSpengler

EgonSpengler Deity

Also: Andy Allo. Oh my. :wow: I see that she played with Prince, in The New Power Generation.

12. Colon

Colon King

ST: TOS That Which Survives. Spock in fine form chiding others for speculating, guessing and all sorts of illogical behaviours while speculating and guessing himself. Just calling it logical does not make it so, you conceited pointy-eared prick.

13. really

really Deity

Just finished watching McMillions and enjoyed it.

Bananas story of how people scammed the McDonald's monopoly game over years.

14. EgonSpengler

EgonSpengler Deity

A couple of gags in episode 3 of Upload made me laugh:

Spoiler :
    The dog is licking its you-know-what, then the camera goes to the therapist, who's licking an ice cream cone. Kind of a groaner, but it was chuckle-worthy.

Later, the annoying bellhop can't get into the chapel because he can't find the picture of the cat. That one is still making me laugh. :lol:

15. rah

rah Deity Supporter

At first those gags were better than the plot but eventually they stumbled onto one.

16. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

Watched the first 4 episodes of Space Force on Netflix last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't think it will have the rewatchability of The Office, but it is quite amusing and has a good bit of heart to it.

17. Broken_Erika

Broken_Erika Nothing

Finished Attack on Titan. Now i gotta wait for season 4 to come out...
    Spoiler :

i also watched the Junior High spin-off. Best Scene Ever.

18. Zkribbler

Zkribbler Deity

Binge watching Seinfeld. :yeah:

19. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Oh my, that took on some speed in episode 5.
    The story is finished after the first season, so no clue if they'll produce more.
    Overall good. Did enjoy, would recommend.

20. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

I saw the first episode and wasn't that into it. There were a couple of laughs but this show seems unable to really commit to any jokes - it frequently sets up a good joke scenario and then walks away from it.

One standout instance of this is when Steve Carrel asks the lead scientist (who is Asian) where he is from and the guy says 'Ohio' and Carrel asks, 'but where are you from before that?'. It was the setup for a classic Michael Scott moment that they just dropped...as in, someone says 'that's racist' and then they completely drop the jokes. There are lots of other jokes like this relating to Trump (only he's referred to only as POTUS) and the show will have a small punchline but walk away from anything more involved.
    Spoiler :

It made sense that the Space Force HQ is in Colorado but I don't know why they put the launch complex there other than to save the trouble of having them going out to Florida or California for launches. The problem with a Colorado launch complex is even brought up in the first episode when they don't want to have a failed launch land on Denver. (I don't actually care that much about this but I feel compelled to talk about it). Another non-joking instance of their failure to commit is in the aforementioned launch - they show it take off and then immediately cut to it being on orbit without showing anything in between. The moment was meant to be really dramatic and space launches are inherently dramatic but the show skipped the entire thing. I guess it just wasn't in the special effects budget to show a more complete launch sequence. :dunno:

Last edited: May 31, 2020