1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Which tiles to work & in what order

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game: Citizens' started by TSteamer, Jan 18, 2006.

1. TSteamer

TSteamer Addicted

There have been lots of discussions over where to settle and what to build first but I dont think I have seen any on what tiles should be worked first. After all, it makes a very large difference in city growth and unit production and research speed right off the bat. Its always been my position that the whole tone of a game can be set in the first 10 turns or so.

This being said, which tiles should we work first? Working a flood plain gives 3G 1C, which starts up our but working a hill gives 2 hammers and gets the warrior done in under half the turns.

I believe there would be a large debate on this since the war mongers/explorers will want that warrior out faster, but the builders/researchers will want the food and the gold.

Lastly, is this decision for the citizen's assembly or the governor or fall under the juristiction of the Ministry of the Interior? I've read the Code of Laws and the Triumverate government, and it wasnt very clear to me and I think its pretty important.

-Steamer

Thoughts from all?

2. Bengeance

Bengeance Civ Retributioner

I think working the flood plains first is the most important. Getting the first few growth out of a city as fast as possible maximizes the production and research/money generation potential of the early game. As long as we have some production (hopefully 1/citizen on average) early on we should be okay for units and buildings.

3. von_Clausewitz

von_Clausewitz Chieftain

i doubt we will have a worker in the first 10 turns. and in the first ten turns all we will be able to do is build roads and farms. this may be why there hasn't been much discussion to this point.