Which Victory Condition will you choose?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by TommyVern, Sep 15, 2010.

1. TommyVern

TommyVern Chieftain

Just as the topic says, which victory condition will you attempt on your first real game. Cultural seemed pretty cool to me. Might go for that while just fighting a few defensive wars to secure my area/allied city states.

Whats your input/ideas?

-TV:scan:

2. Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake GDR Noob

I want to dominate in science on my first game so Tech Victory for me.

3. Fizticks

Fizticks Chieftain

Domination all the way XD hopefully the AI is as good as they claim and its a strategic challenge

4. AlexTheTall

AlexTheTall Chieftain

I normally just take all victory conditions off. I don't play the game to win, but just create my own history of the world, making stories and do some role play... Alright, I am a weirdo, I know...

5. TommyVern

TommyVern Chieftain

Sounds cool man... I play many variations of games on Civ IV like always peace/OCC/Barbarian World... it's all about what you enjoy.

@ Domination Victory: Watching the 2hr livecast with Greg it seemed that domination is going to be much harder to achieve than in Civ IV when you could just roll over people..

6. Fin

Fin Warlord

Good. I'm not the only one.

7. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

First game, I'll probably go towards conquest. I don't usually end up finishing my first game either way, so what I'm trying won't matter. But I generally like to use my conquest skills to narrow down which difficulty level I'm about even at, then figure out how to win the other conditions as well.

8. AlexTheTall

AlexTheTall Chieftain

Well, I am also happy to see I am not the only one!:lol:

9. Fizticks

Fizticks Chieftain

That is one of the main reasons i will play for the domination win...

With the combat strategy, you have to juggle your SPs, happiness, production, expansion, city placement, city-state releations and many more im probably forgetting:eek:

10. jaldaen

jaldaen Prince

I think it'll just depend on which civilization I decide to start with and what resources are near my capital city... and until I read the civiliopedia entries for the civs and a few other details, I probably won't know which civ to choose. I will probably try cultural, but I recently played a domination game and had a lot of fun so I'm torn between the two. One thing is for sure... I'll be trying everything out on smaller worlds just to get a sense of how each civ plays and then settle into my favorites.

11. TommyVern

TommyVern Chieftain

I'm also always a fan of the rare-but-fun Diplo win. I'm sure I'll be attempting that as well..

Here I come, UN!

12. WNxPowder

WNxPowder Chieftain

i will just turn all victorys on and what happens, happens

13. King Jason

King Jason Fleece-bearer

For the first time in the history of civ I will play some games that don't involve conquering the entire planet. City States rule, and the new diplomatic victory conditions are fantastic.

14. Abremms

Abremms Prince

i hope that when you win a victory you can keep playing without that "you have won blah blah blah" splash thing getting in the way like in civ4. i want to win all the victories! even if i have to play on settler to do it!

15. smileylad

smileylad Chieftain

I'll play with none enabled at first and enjoy it. Eventually, I'll work my way through them all :)

16. Abremms

Abremms Prince

the only condition i really can't stand having enabled is Time. it is inevitably the first one to happen, and it always happens right when the endgame is really starting to heat up. i never play with it on

17. 12agnar0k

12agnar0k Emperor

Definitely Domination will be my goal, but the thing about Civ 5, is that even if you are going for a specific victory, you can change your mind half way through, say If I was going for culture, and then got into a vast war, I could put my advanced culture into war social policies, and afterwards I may be in a better position for a Domination Win.

18. Lillefix

Lillefix I'm serious. You can.

Diplomatic. I like to deceive people.

19. gunter

gunter King

Nope man you are fine, civ can be played and customised on players preferences therefore that's fine also your way.

Anyway you will have to fight the same ;)

20. dannythefool

dannythefool King

I hate time too. Pretty much any other victory condition is okay. I'll decide when I know what my first game will actually look like :)