Which victory condition will you pursue first?

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Transcendence Victory (Harmony) Reach new level of consciousness by waking up dormant super organism

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Promised Land (Purity) Relocate Earth’s populace by building warpgate

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • Emancipation (Supremacy) Return to Earth, "free" people from bodies via cybernetic augmentation

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Contact Discover evidence of intelligent life and construct a means to establish first contact

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Domination Domination is the same as in every other Civilization

Votes: 4 6.8%

• Total voters

s0nny80y

Emperor

And why?

I'd like to go Contact because it seems the least complex, and may let me flesh out the details of the new game a bit further. I plan to farm energy!

And I am convinced contact is pretty much all the affirmation we could hope for (that and blasting extinction level asteroids)

(source: Beyond Earth Features )

I'll probably try contact first too, but my very FIRST game I probably won't finish.
Indeed! I'll go a step further and say I hope to LOSE my first game!

Then, to make myself feel better, I'll play Brasilia, with no aliens (is that a thing?) on a duel map on the lowest setting. I'll build nothing but soldiers until I learn Physics, then I'll build nothing but Rangers. When my hapless opponent lands, I'll trundle right over, take his/her city, and revel in my triumph. Muhahaha.

Then I'll get serious and try to win a real game. :lol:

I'm not a big warmonger and I think I'll want to pursue a multi-affinity path in my first game, so it's probably going to be contact.

YES! Most of people (so far) think the same: who cares about some ideological stuff when you can CONTACT AN ALIEN CIVILISATON? WE ARE NOT ALONE IN THE SPACE

;)

It will completely depend on what I find on my first map and how I feel that day. ;)

YES! Most of people (so far) think the same: who cares about some ideological stuff when you can CONTACT AN ALIEN CIVILISATON? WE ARE NOT ALONE IN THE SPACE

;)

It doesn't help that I find all of the other victory conditions to be a little disturbing in one way or another. :o

but anyhow, the first few games I'll be so busy running around and seeing what all the "buttons" do when I press them that I'll probably forget to try to win anyhow.

well, Contact sounds kinda cool so most likely that, but if I have an incredible abundance of some kind of resource I'll pursue the victory that is affiliated with the affinity that uses said resource.

While I would like to go supremacy and get either the contact or supremacy based one but it might easily change tho based on what starting resources I have or any other twists of fate.

It depends a bit which affinity I'll go with in my first game, but overall I'm interested in the win condition were you contact an alien civilization.

This goes especially for Harmony (not too fond of merging with the Planet), if I go Purity/Supremacy I might go for their respective victory conditions instead.

Harmony or contact because ALIENZ!! In SSPPAAZZEE!!

I tend to disable the science and diplo victories, because they don't actually make sense to me. You can declare that your the leader of the world, but I don't see how you could take that seriously unless you can swing the military force to back it up. About the only 'victory' I see in BE aside from domi is the alien contact one, seeing as that one would probably grant the civ that achieved it such a crazy tech advantage that the other civs would be like fighting modern era units with ancient era ones.

I'll start my first game on Apollo and will probably be dead or horribly outgrown before I can even think of pursuing a victory condition. :D But I'll probably gravitate towards domination.

It's all about Contact with me, but I will be flexible in my games and play it by ear, depending upon what resources I'm dealt in the beginning.

Top Bottom