Which victory condition will you pursue first?

Which victory condition will you pursue first?

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Transcendence Victory (Harmony) Reach new level of consciousness by waking up dormant super organism

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Promised Land (Purity) Relocate Earth’s populace by building warpgate

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • Emancipation (Supremacy) Return to Earth, "free" people from bodies via cybernetic augmentation

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Contact Discover evidence of intelligent life and construct a means to establish first contact

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Domination Domination is the same as in every other Civilization

Votes: 4 6.8%

• Total voters
I chose the Promised Land, for I like the idea that the people who left Earth won't forget about this pale blue dot.

What? I want to give a happy ending to that intro video.

Domination completely forgets about it, also seems to be more about forgetting the lessons that the "pale blue dot" taught. Transcendance doesn't do anything about it. The Emancipation victory would make the intro a bittersweet piece as the people who saw the ship-off, the father seeing off his daughter, the priest that will now only be able to pray for those people who will go forth into the night sky, and the scientists who are so happy to see their science inspire not fear but hope, be greeted by the loved-ones they saw-off now sending hostile military forces with theological names and the fruits of science to inspire fear and obedience to achieve their goals.

Maybe I'll put in the effort to create my own sort of "ending" by pursuing both "Promised Land" and "Contact", create circumstances where the earth refugees are already flooding through the gates and so the contact victory will not negate it but help the people on both planets; alternatively, I could have circumstances where they are already sending out word to the benevolent aliens by the time the earth colonists arrive so that it will be a win-win of man being reunited and the assurance that that there is another benevolent interstellar civilization that will be arriving soon to meet the newly reunited civilizations.

I wanted to go for "Promised Land" since I first heard about that victory condition. The recently released BE intro only encouraged me.

I would probably go with Contact since I usually go with the 'research the cheapest techs first' route if I go without planning in the long run.

first game will be to vet out the tech web based upon my landing position, and what resources I see... and the next game... and the next game...

Top Bottom