Which Victory's to people try to achieve?

What victory do you try to achieve?

• Conquest

Votes: 24 43.6%
  • Domination

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • Culture

Votes: 20 36.4%
  • Space Race

Votes: 35 63.6%
  • Diplomatic

Votes: 18 32.7%

• Total voters

scotland_no1

Jimmy Hat Salesman
HI i was wondering what type of victories people try to acheive i attempt either a space race or culture.

I voted on all but diplomatic because thats what I feel is the way to go.

I will accept a diplo victory but I find them very anticlimactic.

diplo takes very little skil to win. all you need is to spend all your money in science and not military and then prebuild and you can pretty much guaretee you will win if you build it first.
i normally go for either domination or culture. conquest is nice, but i like to have many itiesrather than few opponants at the end.

I find conquest to be the most difficult, and I just got my first one. It can be hard (w/o MapStat) to avoid triggering domination. I think I usually end up going for Space Race, because invariably a) my rep is questionable, b) there's no way in hell I can win Cultural on Monarch, and c) large scale wars will end in a stalemate.

I like space race because I'm a builder. I don't like cultural because I'll be playing away and, all of a sudden, I'm told I've won or (much worse) someone else has won. Diplo seems artificial to me.

As a builder, I generally attempt to win via space race or via culture. Domination, and especially conquest, require far more time than I have available. I would like to try them sometime, though, when time permits. I have had the opportunity to win via Diplomacy several times, but I gernally don't want the game to end at that stage in the game; it is too early for my tastes.

Usually it's a case of "any way I can" but I picked Domination and Space Race, because those are all I've ever actually gone for. I never turn conditions off, so conquest is impossible unless I deliberately try for it, which I don't.

I concur with the sentiment of Diplomatic being a bit of a sappy way to win; I've even tried to lose on Diplo, just to get the game over (it was a GOTM and the deadline was approaching) and it still didnt end the game. Stupid indecisive AI!

I usually go for Conquest, Space Race and Cultural. The other two don't appeal to me, and Diplo is the worst of all, very bland and boring.

it depends of when i see the map is full, can't grow anymore and see i am weak or strong. being strong i try conquest, but since i dislike have my reputation getting hit, i don't raze cities and get domination :(

Usually space race or diplomatic, being the builder that I am. I usually try to stay out of any large scale, modern wars, cos its not really my style. I have won via conquest once or twice though.

Usually I go for a Space Race win. Have done Conquest and Diplomatic, altho' I hate the later. I usually build the UN and make sure there's no elections.

Cultural doesn't seem much fun too

May trigger a Domination in my current game, but I'm really aiming for Space Race. Thing is, my rep is truly awful after accidentally starting a war with my chief ally and trading-partner, wherefore I get into alot of wars I can only end by eliminating the offending civ.

The victory condition I go for is usually determined by the way the game is going. If I have an advantage (land, military) after the ancient age, I like to try for domination. If I am in a tight race with a few other civs, I will go for the Space Race. If I am lagging behind and can't figure out a way to get the upper hand, I will go for diplomatic.

I really like the tournament format that gives you a particular victory to go after. It forces you to take a different approach to the game than you normally would.

interesting
a lot of u like space race i was expecting the world would have more warmongers :p

i agree with YNCS in that culture can sometimes be a bumber, so even though i like to get culture i dont normally try to strive for it. I like building my empire up but im also prone to a few wars now and again to prevent the opponents building the space rocket first :p

happy voting

I usually go for culture or conquest. But domination is fun, too.

Domination is my general strategy - engulf and devour. Diplo, SS, or culture may occur first.

Originally posted by farting bob
diplo takes very little skil to win. all you need is to spend all your money in science and not military and then prebuild and you can pretty much guaretee you will win if you build it first.

I must disagree to some extent. A good rep is imperative, and not completely under your control. If you are weak then you'll wind up in a war (and get a bad rep w/agressor). If you do not expand then you can easily get outclassed in sci and loose the UN.

Top Bottom