Which will the 6(5) new leaders be ? (for civilizations that are already in game)

Choose only two from the available options bellow , for which Leader you would prefer

• Germany : Hitler

Votes: 32 27.8%
  • Germany : Barbarossa

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Germany : Charlemagne

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • France : Charles de Gaule

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • France : Charlemagne

Votes: 17 14.8%
  • Rome : Trajan

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Rome : Claudius

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Persia : Darius

Votes: 25 21.7%
  • Persia :Shapur II

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Spain : Charles V

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Spain : Philip II

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Arabia : Abu Bakr

Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Arabia :`Umar ibn al-Khattāb

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Japan : Meji

Votes: 59 51.3%

• Total voters
Ah, Themistocles. He is too often forgotten by the modern arm-chair historians, methinks. I'm not sure we want another military leader, though, since Alexander is already Aggressive/Philosophical; it might be better to balance that with some kind of Industrious/Creative, or Creative/Philosophical combo -- which could describe Themistocles, I suppose, though Pericles is probably better suited.

I think this came up before, but I have to ask it again: what about Solon?

Ah, Themistocles. He is too often forgotten by the modern arm-chair historians, methinks. I'm not sure we want another military leader, though, since Alexander is already Aggressive/Philosophical; it might be better to balance that with some kind of Industrious/Creative, or Creative/Philosophical combo -- which could describe Themistocles, I suppose, though Pericles is probably better suited.

I think it's obvious that we need a leader that had the support of both Athens and Sparta at some point: Alcibiades :mischief:

(we'll ignore his Persian dalliance)

EDIT: Solon isn't a bad choice. I think I'd prefer him to Pericles, who I feel is a tad bit over-rated in terms of his historical impact.

Alcibiades... master of the Sicilian disaster... traitor... that would be interesting, kind of like having Robert E. Lee as an American leader. :D

EDIT: Come to think of it, Lee would be better, as he was actually a good leader...

;)

well we can add sulieman as the next leader for Turkey because of the new interview on IGN

well we can add sulieman as the next leader for Turkey because of the new interview on IGN

I'm very happy Suleiman made it. For me personally I would say any three of the following are deserving for the last few spots.

Meiji of Japan
Cleopatra of Egypt
Charles V of Spain (or Philip II)
Darius of Persia
Pericles of Greece
Abu Bakr of Arabs

Best choices would probably be a Greek, Spanish and Arabian leader.

Looks like there are just three more slots left for existing civ leaders. I really hope Japan makes the cut (Meiji or Nobunaga) as well as Persia (Darius preferably, although I can see them using Xerxes due to 300 being popular).

For the third slot Charles V, Pericles or De Gaulle would be fine with me.

My guesses for the 6 old/new leaders:

Queen Boadicea Agg/Cha
President Lincoln Cha/Phi
General Pericles Cre/Phi
President De Gaulle Cha/Cre
King Felipe II of Spain Spi/Imp
Sultan Suleyman the Magnificent of Ottomans Imp/Ind
Seems like my guess about Suleyman was correct.

Still keeping to my original guesses:

Pericles
De Gaulle
Felipe II

The problem of THemistocles is that although he wasn't just a Warlord he is mostly noted for the clever tactics of the Athenians side in the Persian wars or Midoika . A good leader but Alexander was better.

Solon is a great choice . Successful as a reformer of a system that needed reforming , a charismatic man in a city that only the charismatic survive . His reforms were extremely successful at fighting corruption and chaos.

Pericles is also another great choice and in my opinion he surpasses Solon. His combined efforts both military and Political , in my opinion are more worthy.

They added Pericles . I am glad it would be unfair if they forgot him.

What trait combination do you expect ?

@scy12

Why do you say they added Pericles?

His traits would be Financial and Philosophical (and Elizabeth could be Creative and Financial)

I'm very happy Suleiman made it. For me personally I would say any three of the following are deserving for the last few spots.

Meiji of Japan
Cleopatra of Egypt
Charles V of Spain (or Philip II)
Darius of Persia
Pericles of Greece
Abu Bakr of Arabs

Best choices would probably be a Greek, Spanish and Arabian leader.

With Pericles of Greece in BTS, two spots remain.
I expect Menes of Egypt and Charles V of Spain, based on the concept art found a long time ago. Meiji of Japan would also be nice.

@scy12

Why do you say they added Pericles?

His traits would be Financial and Philosophical (and Elizabeth could be Creative and Financial)

At this point, I am holding out for Meiji. Japan is so badly utilized by the AI now (Tokugawa really impedes them in the game with mercantilism/angry warmonger). Sad, really, because Japan was one of my favorites in Civ3.

I think Meiji or a second Japanese leader will be added. There was an article today that mentioned Tokugawa as a new leader for Japan. This is an obvious mistake, but it could be that the author just used the wrong name of the new Japanese leader.

I am just speculating. This slip up could very well mean nothing.

EDIT: Here's the link..
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=76804

My guesses for the 6 old/new leaders:

Queen Boadicea Agg/Cha
President Lincoln Cha/Phi
General Pericles Cre/Phi
President De Gaulle Cha/Cre
King Felipe II of Spain Spi/Imp
Sultan Suleyman the Magnificent of Ottomans Imp/Ind
You forgot Hammurabi.:goodjob:

I really don't think it's a good idea for any civ to have three leaders at this point. Wish they'd devoted time to a leader other than abe. Oh, well. :rolleyes:

I'm hoping that Spain gets another leader, and I think Japan would be appropriate too. Not to mention, I'd like to see another female or two for my wife when we play LAN. :D

I'm glad Greece finally got a new leader. :goodjob:

Why? he reigned merely 2 years during which not much happened. Omar (3rd caliph), or Harun Reshid (of Abbasids) would be the top two among at least a dozen more important Arabian leaders.

Oh man I want harun al-rashid. Firaxis ideas for leaders are sometimes a bit strange. I don't think Salah al-din was worth the arab leader. I wished they gave the arbs three leaders like some of the other civs but thats just me. Please tell me Firaxis why you think the celts of all people deserve a second leader over the arabs??!! Thats ridiculous

Oh man I want harun al-rashid. Firaxis ideas for leaders are sometimes a bit strange. I don't think Salah al-din was worth the arab leader. I wished they gave the arbs three leaders like some of the other civs but thats just me. Please tell me Firaxis why you think the celts of all people deserve a second leader over the arabs??!! Thats ridiculous

Harun Al-Rashid was not that historically important. He is known in the West (and the East) mainly because of The Book of One Thousand and One Nights, his exchange of gifts with Chalmange and a few other "stories". His reign saw the control of the Baramika wazirs (which could arguably be called the beginning of the end of the real Abbasid Caliphate - and the Arab-dominated Empire). Probably any of his sons (al-Amin, al-Mamoun and al-Mutasim) could be considered more historically important.

Saladin was a Kurd, by the way, but he was (and still remembered today) as an Arab hero - so he is a good pick.

I hope to see Abd-al-Malik ibn Marwan. His reign (of 20 years) was probably the first to be really imperial in the Islamic empire. He established the government institutions, asserted the empire as an important world power, build the Dome of Rock and did so many other important things. He is like the Augustus of the Islamic empire. I haven't heard his name discussed here so he might be a long shot:)

The Arabs definitely need one or two more leaders if there are so many other civs with multiple leaders

Top Bottom