1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Which will the 6(5) new leaders be ? (for civilizations that are already in game)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by scy12, Mar 31, 2007.

?

Choose only two from the available options bellow , for which Leader you would prefer

1. Germany : Hitler

32 vote(s)
    27.8%
  2. Germany : Barbarossa

8 vote(s)
    7.0%
  3. Germany : Charlemagne

9 vote(s)
    7.8%
  4. France : Charles de Gaule

18 vote(s)
    15.7%
  5. France : Charlemagne

17 vote(s)
    14.8%
  6. Rome : Trajan

7 vote(s)
    6.1%
  7. Rome : Claudius

4 vote(s)
    3.5%
  8. Persia : Darius

25 vote(s)
    21.7%
  9. Persia :Shapur II

4 vote(s)
    3.5%
  10. Spain : Charles V

27 vote(s)
    23.5%
  11. Spain : Philip II

28 vote(s)
    24.3%
  12. Arabia : Abu Bakr

16 vote(s)
    13.9%
  13. Arabia :`Umar ibn al-Khattāb

5 vote(s)
    4.3%
  14. Japan : Meji

59 vote(s)
    51.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Antilogic

Antilogic --

:clap:

And I didn't have to say it! Hooray!

For the last two leaders, we don't even know if they are going to double-up on leaders from the new civs. For all we know, the four currently released new leaders for the old civs are it. However, if that isn't true, I have a couple picks:

Japan could really use a non-isolationist leader who is just easy pickings. Although isolationism characterizes feudal Japan, we can represent something from the modern times (to appease all you nutjobs who apparently think human history started only a scant century ago) as well as avoid a WW2 leader (something I have been clamoring about for I don't know how long) by picking Meiji.

Arabia is another civilization that could use a second leader, but I'm not sure who. Firaxis went with Abu Bakr before, but I'm not sure he was the best pick. Maybe they will get away from their "old" choices--they have done so before (see France, Egypt, Persia...).

2. ainwood

ainwood Consultant. Administrator

3. Menzies

Menzies Menzies

Awesome poll, I 180% agree with its findings. And by that I mean what the hell is wrong with it.

4. Chuggi

Chuggi Espada

Where's Hirohito and Franco in the poll?

5. scy12

scy12 Deity

The poll is subjective , i didn't think they should be added . I could be wrong but i did try to select Good Leaders. Specifically regarding those two leaders , first Hirohito(1926-1945) : Other than the fact that he lost a War that lead to his country be occupied and controlled by foreign troops of other powers , it is argued among historians whether on how much real control he had over Japanese military campaigns.

There are also better choices than Franco. It will be a shame for what was one of the biggest European powers to select him other than a Leader of that time.

Ps . I think this thread suits more (and it was intended for) the BTS forum rather than Civ 4 general discussions. I asked for a poll to be added , not for it to be moved into Civ 4 general discussions. Even the poll it self asks for a selection of two Leaders , because only two Leaders have yet to be revealed for BTS.

6. scy12

scy12 Deity

Move this to the appropriate forum.

7. The Navy Seal

The Navy Seal Emperor

They'll be in the next expansion "Dictators"lol.

8. scy12

scy12 Deity

Bump so that more people will see the poll. Also i am surprised that no one voted for Trajan or Barbarossa.

9. sneaky

sneaky Prince

Voted Charles I for Spain and Meji for Japan. Sadly those two won't do it, because we also still need another leader for Persia at least.

10. Thedrin

Thedrin Deity

I'm also surprised that I'm the first to vote for Barbarossa.

But I think that the options are a bit limited. While I only play with random personalities, even I know the extreme personalities that are the sole governing voices of AI Spain, Japan, and the Aztecs. These three civs should be getting new leaders (though only two will at this point).

11. madscientist

madscientist RPC Supergenius

I have noticed not many people have mentioned Charlemange much. I always thought he would been one of the CIV leaders from when I bought the vanilla CIV (before I opedned the box or found info on the net). Would have preferred France to have him and napolean rather than Louis XIV (although Louis is a deserving third French representative).

12. scy12

scy12 Deity

From my European viewpoint i would rather Persia , Japan , Spain ,Arabia and so on rather than the Aztecs. Do the Aztecs even have a Leader that can compare with all others i selected ?

I agree.

13. Thedrin

Thedrin Deity

You'll note that reason I picked Spain, Japan, and the Aztecs is because the only leaders they have now are highly predictable. It's nothing to do with historical prominence. The game would benefit from these civs having a second leader so that there would be a bit more variety.

14. Scaramanga

Scaramanga Brickhead

Maybe the improved AI in BTS will incorporate changes to these leaders so that they can perform better in their respective playing styles - this instead of adding new leaders to the civs.

15. Barton

Barton Chieftain

That is a pathetic poll
    its is greater than 160%

16. scy12

scy12 Deity

Don't be ignorant . There are a total of 118 votes which would mean 59 people voted for two Leaders if they all voted according to the instructions but only 49 did. That means there are 10 more votes than there should be. The poll is naturally multichoice , there is nothing we can do . Considering all , this is far from a pathetic poll.

17. Titus001

Titus001 Warlord

I voted for Trajan :)

18. Onagan

Onagan The Dutch

I vote for Meiji and Charlemange for Germany. Charlemange is some of the most important persons in human history.

19. Gaius Octavius

Gaius Octavius Deity

I'd rather see a leader from the Republic, like Sulla or Marius, because the designers have always ignored that part of Roman history. But it's hard to turn down Trajan. After all, he was "the best" Roman leader... not many people can say that. :D

20. Panda

Panda Metal head

And so did I. You can't have too many Roman leaders in Civ, now can you? :D