Which word evokes in you the most revulsion?

Which word repulses you the most

• Total voters
Giant death robots. I am totally serious.

What is not on the list is "peace dividend," like wtf is that? Bourgies always gotta get their damned dividends! :p

Of the options listed, "rape", and primarily because the word is used so casually, for trivialities. It's obscene. I see it on YouTube videos -- "lol, I'm raping the replay button" -- or in forums -- "EA just rapes their customers, man!" When I read that, whatever mindfulness, whatever introspection I have, flies out the window, and I think: that person should be kicked.

Off the list: any mention of "-gate" or "PC". They make me yearn for a good asteroid collision, just so people would have something worthwhile to do instead of working themselves into a frenzy over stupidity.

I don't particularly like Objectivism, either. People who pretend to be uber-Rational make my skin crawl, especially when they're rather obviously using arguments to pretty up their superegoism.

I don't see how that irritates you. Do you like the current level of military spending?

Not "irritates," evokes revulsion. I mean, I do not like war, but as Von Clauswitz said, war is an extension of politics by other means. The bourgies want war and when they want peace, it's because they csn profit off of it.

I am class warrior, so when I see the US -- the single largest aggressor nation on Earth -- talk about "brokering peace" I get the colliewobbles. Ooh, now there's a revolting word.

I vote "communism". There's no word which I more dread coming across, because, although it's not the most widely abused word on the list, it is certainly the most thoroughly abused word.

Rape, murder, slavery, etc. are all infinitesimally worse than mere ignorance, that much is obvious, but they don't bother me as words, and I can't see why they'd bother anyone who wasn't suffering from some sort of psychological trauma. :confused:

In my case I guess it's empathy.

I took the meaning of the thread to be an emotional rather than a reasoned response.

I guess it's... Two-ish words, but N Word. Kinda that same thing like Collateral damage I guess. Just prettying up really awful words with lies.

Probably "word". Blech. Generation after generation of humans thinking they can describe anything with some orchestrated burps and tongue twisters.

Of the options listed, "rape", and primarily because the word is used so casually, for trivialities. It's obscene. I see it on YouTube videos -- "lol, I'm raping the replay button" -- or in forums -- "EA just rapes their customers, man!" When I read that, whatever mindfulness, whatever introspection I have, flies out the window, and I think: that person should be kicked.

This.

Too many to vote for a serious option. Rape murder, and especially nazism are possibly my three choices.

Nazism probably because I'm horrified at how serious media from Madrid, and also the members of the central government's cabinet, call Catalan nationalists and people from associations against eviction nazis. And they do it with a straight face. Maybe a couple months in a concentration camp would do them good, really, that's all I can think when I see these things and I get that furious. :mad:

I voted "free market" because the term is almost invariably a lie.

Its corporate advocates neither want a market nor do they offer any freedom.

It is often merely a cover phrase for demanding that governments should pass laws to introduce rules that regulate so as to facilitate their gambling with other peoples' futures and put them in debt bondage.

Communism. :vomit:

If the commies rise to arms, I'm ready to shoot them in the head. Try something like in 1918 and you're dead, you dirty oppressive buggers.

Top Bottom