• St. Peter's Basilica

Votes: 22 29.3%
  • Three Gorges Dam

Votes: 31 41.3%
  • Other

Votes: 23 30.7%

• Total voters
Large Hadron Collider, Shwedagon Pagoda, Three Gorges Dam

I meant to vote Panama Canal, but I missed it (related to new trade mechanics, although I don't think regular canals should be in)

For Other:
Space Tower (obviously a future wonder, but it would be interesting for space race)

I can't think of anything else right now. Good list overall.

My picks are so American based it shameful. :( I really would like Hollywood.

Go the Hadron!

With any of these choices it really depends on what design elements were built around them. I can see the Sphynx being tourism related for instance. Most seem plausible except the Silk Road which is more just a name given to a particular trade route rather than a thing in and of itself. With trade route's coming in you could try to create a Silk Road wonder with those dynamics but I cant fathom the mechanics of how.

I would love the Gobekli Tepe. It's a temple that predates civilization. It could be awesome. It would give, maybe, +2 faith/turn and a free shrine (altogether +3 faith/turn) and be available at Agriculture.

EDIT: The LHC would be awesome as well, though I don't know what it's power would be.

I'd love to see this on a hill nearby a city with the Hollywood Wonder:

I voted for the Dome of the Rock, the Empire State Building, the Flavian Amphitheater (the only true coliseum in my book), the Golden Gate Bridge, the Hoover Dam, the Panama Canal, the Pantheon, and the Sphinx. I also added an Other for a Wonder I forgot to include: the Internet.

I voted for the Dome of the Rock, the Empire State Building, the Flavian Amphitheater (the only true coliseum in my book), the Golden Gate Bridge, the Hoover Dam, the Panama Canal, the Pantheon, and the Sphinx. I also added an Other for a Wonder I forgot to include: the Internet.

The Internet will be there (as a technology, not a wonder)

I want the Grand Bazaar. If we have the Mosque of Djenne, Djenne, and Mosques, we can have bazaars and a grand bazaar.

My votes interestingly went to the newest wonder (LHC) and the oldest (Gobekli Tepe). Actually, pretty sure these were the same two I voted in a thread way before G&K was announced...couldn't find it though to compare

LHC would be awesome to add more flavor to the late game

Gobekli would be awesome because it could be a wonder available immediately

I would like to see the Great Mosque of Samarra (Spiral Minaret), The University of Sankoré, and Potala Palace.
Voted for Empire State Building and Shwedagon Pagoda.

I'd like to see modern buildings - Burj Khalifa and Petronas Towers :thumbsup:
voted 3 gorges & panama canal

Brooklyn Bridge, Golden Gate Bridge—I voted Golden Gate, which I think is more wonderful aesthetically, but maybe the Brooklyn Bridge would be a better choice. It's fifty years older, so you could plausibly stick it into the tech tree at Electricity or thereabouts, and you'd get more use out of it. What would it do, anyway?

Dome of the Rock—too controversial, probably.

Empire State Building (also Chrysler Building, Petronas Towers, Burj Khalifa)—at least one of these ought to be in the game, but which? And where does it go in the tech tree? What does it do? Tourism? Growth? Same question for Shwedagon Pagoda, which I think definitely deserves to be in. What does it do? Culture and faith? We've got a lot of that already…

Some of these would be great in Civ VI but are already represented in Civ V or are very similar to something we've already got: the Flavian Amphitheater (the regular Colosseum building), Florence Cathedral (Notre Dame), Gobekli Tepe (Stonehenge/Hanging Gardens), Ishtar Gate (it's actually already in Civ V, as "The Walls of Babylon"), Large Hadron Collider (Hubble Telescope), Pantheon (Stonehenge/Hagia Sophia). I think Gobekli Tepe and the LHC are especially cool ideas, though, and if you can think of ways to make them different from existing Wonders, I'm all for it (honestly, considering its age, I think Gobekli Tepe would make a better "natural wonder" than El Dorado or the Fountain of Youth).

Hoover Dam, Three Gorges Dam—I've never liked these as wonders. They're just dams; they're already represented in-game by Hydro Plants. Plus they were both environmental disasters, and the Three Gorges Dam was a human rights and cultural disaster too. Not cool to glorify them as Wonders of the World, in my opinion.

I think it's a stretch to call Mt. Rushmore and the Sphinx "Wonders"; aren't they more like Great Works that are too big for a museum?

Versailles and St. Peter's are two buildings I just personally hate; I don't like the idea of them as Wonders because I think they represent the worst in humanity, rather than the best.

Panama Canal—not sure how it'd be implemented, but it's a great idea. How about the Chunnel too? The Canal allows naval units to pass through land; the Chunnel allows land units to cross one or two water tiles without embarking. Only tricky thing is that neither of them was actually built in a city. That's also a problem with the Silk Road—isn't it just a bunch of trade routes? I don't see how it's something you would build in one city.

Versailles and St. Peter's are two buildings I just personally hate; I don't like the idea of them as Wonders because I think they represent the worst in humanity, rather than the best.

Catholicism is the worst in humanity? Pessimist, much? I won't disagree with Versailles, but it is still a beautiful Palace. It is still a wonder.

Wonder's don't have to evoke positive feelings, just feelings of awe. Thereby, anything on the given list can be a Wonder, regardless of the circumstances surrounding their construction or existance. Although having non-building Wonders, such as the Silk Road, seem out of place. Perhaps the game should make use of project's a bit more. A Silk Road project which enhances the wealth of your International Trade Routes if you have a certain number, or if you have one with every major civ in a game.

Top Bottom