while ingame, CTD while (re)loading savefile

E_T

Chieftain
This has been present in the last 3 versions (21, 22_1 & 23). I'll be in the game and want to load a savefile and the game CTD while in mid reload. I do get a Memory error warning.

My machine IS an older version and not certain if this is part of the ongoing memery leakage fixes or it it's just because of using an older computer.

But wanted to know if this is being adressed or something that I have to deal with (by exiting to desktop and restarting from scratch)?

This has been present in the last 3 versions (21, 22_1 & 23). I'll be in the game and want to load a savefile and the game CTD while in mid reload. I do get a Memory error warning.

My machine IS an older version and not certain if this is part of the ongoing memery leakage fixes or it it's just because of using an older computer.

But wanted to know if this is being adressed or something that I have to deal with (by exiting to desktop and restarting from scratch)?

If you have a 32 bit system, have you enabled the 3GB switch? My machine is really old, but with that switch C2C will run fine.

running XP Pro on a regular old P4 with 784 Meg (rdram, old and expensive, especialy when you need to get them in pairs).

When I get a bit of extra cash, I'm going to be upgrading....

But I can still play this, somewhat...

running XP Pro on a regular old P4 with 784 Meg (rdram, old and expensive, especialy when you need to get them in pairs).

Well, that machine is REALLY old and will not run C2C, C2C needs at least 3 GB RAM to work at all.

I've been able to play it, large map too. But did start having issues shortly after cooking, but had stepped down the graphics to Medium then to continue...the gators turning into huge knights is a bit disconcerting, need to get the lower graphs animals finished...

But as I've had other commitments and that the next version was soon to be available, I just put that game on hold. And I started a new game for this version. Standard map this time....

I've been able to play it, large map too. But did start having issues shortly after cooking, but had stepped down the graphics to Medium then to continue...the gators turning into huge knights is a bit disconcerting, need to get the lower graphs animals finished...

But as I've had other commitments and that the next version was soon to be available, I just put that game on hold. And I started a new game for this version. Standard map this time....

Well, I'm amazed that something with less than a gig of RAM could run this at all, the mod allocates some 800 MB of RAM just to load. You definitely need a new computer to play this mod.

Takes forever to load the Mod. Currently about 2/3 of the way through and just started the Init Engine part. Been over 14 minutes at this point...

about 19 minutes to get to the load game screen and likely take about the same for the save to load.... but we'll see, as I've got my phone stopwatch going now....

Good Luck! Hope it makes it.

JosEPh

It took 31 minutes for the save file to load... :shrug: So, start the load, go bake some bread... :p

I admire your patience :)

It´s amazing that it runs at all with your specs.. my machine is from 2008 and I get occasional MAF if I run huge maps ( not even trying on the giant ones until I can afford more hardware).
I think this is the place to hail to the crew for their optimization wokr done here. I remember having turn times of 10 minutes with RoM, on the same machine, now i have aobut half a minute, mabye one.

running XP Pro on a regular old P4 with 784 Meg (rdram, old and expensive, especially when you need to get them in pairs).

I admire your patience :)

It´s amazing that it runs at all with your specs.. my machine is from 2008 and I get occasional MAF if I run huge maps ( not even trying on the giant ones until I can afford more hardware).
I think this is the place to hail to the crew for their optimization work done here. I remember having turn times of 10 minutes with RoM, on the same machine, now i have about half a minute, maybe one.

No offense to anyone with OLD PC's but, this mod really requires a TON of memory available, and a good graphics card with at least 1GB. You WILL be able to play, but only on Large or Smaller maps, but Large might even be pushing it, but with Koshlings expertise in programming, turn times have gone from 7 minutes to under 1 minute now after Renaissance Era. But thats even getting better.

Only time it now takes is the First load then after that if the PC is left on, it should take less than a minute after that.

So in essence what i am trying to say is, do not upgrade your OLD PC's, its not worth it, buying a NEW one with Dual Core, Win 7, 1 GB Graphics Card, X64 bit (a must)and NO AMD junk), minimum of 4 GB memory cards, and try to get RAID also.

Mine cost me around $1300 and thats just for the Tower, nothing else included.

And remember i am not endorsing buying a new PC or asking anyone to do so, just my thoughts is all.:mischief:

All i ever say is "Just Have Fun.";)

Upgrading is the gradual way of getting a new machine ;) I currently play on my laptop because it is more powerfull then my tower ( aka: it got 3GB RAM instead of 2). The upgrade I have in mind for my tower first is a new mainboard including CPU.. then comes ram ( which is then cheap.. one should think old ddr2 would be cheaper then the faster ddr 3.. but thats not how it works) and someday a new graphics card ( and probably a new power supply along the way to feed them )
But my 512MB graphics card does reasonably well if I use the new bitmask for show buildings level to only display defenses and don´t try to run everything on highest settings :)
Of course a 32 bit system is horrible with any large Civ IV mod. But that´s no problem. Old as they are, my machines run on 64bit :) (and are dual core..yes.. they are around for that long already)

I get the same error as the OP, but my PC is fairly modern and I hope fairly powerful. I do play with Gigantic Terra Maps and it is now around 1500 BC and I have to start a new game to load a file. I always just thought it was due to the large maps and amount of data required for each city. I have about 35 cities now and the whole AI maybe has 35 in Civs and 35 in Barb cities. Each save file is 2.8M in size.

My PC is Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.4 GHz. Physical memory is 16 Gig, O/S is Win-7 Premium 64 bit. Machine is a dedicated gaming rig so there is no office s/w and minimal startup programs. When I launch the game the Performance tab of Task Manager shows 13G free memory.

Turn times and load times are very good and not really noticable. Turn times can be as quick as 7 seconds. (end of Classical era)

EDIT - (after comment below) - I have been using the SVN for loading since 18 March 2012.

I get the same error as the OP, but my PC is fairly modern and I hope fairly powerful. I do play with Gigantic Terra Maps and it is now around 1500 BC and I have to start a new game to load a file. I always just thought it was due to the large maps and amount of data required for each city. I have about 35 cities now and the whole AI maybe has 35 in Civs and 35 in Barb cities. Each save file is 2.8M in size.

My PC is Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.4 GHz. Physical memory is 16 Gig, O/S is Win-7 Premium 64 bit. Machine is a dedicated gaming rig so there is no office s/w and minimal startup programs. When I launch the game the Performance tab of Task Manager shows 13G free memory.

Turn times and load times are very good and not really noticable. Turn times can be as quick as 7 seconds. (end of Classical era)

New part 1 is now out.

what's wrong with AMD??

what's wrong with AMD??

Intel have had better price performance for a while now, except right at the bottom end. Especially the latest generation AMD processors - they have fairly decent multi-threaded performance, but poor single threaded performance (compared to proce-equiavlent Intel), which is what you need for Civ.

Intel have had better price performance for a while now, except right at the bottom end. Especially the latest generation AMD processors - they have fairly decent multi-threaded performance, but poor single threaded performance (compared to proce-equiavlent Intel), which is what you need for Civ.

Yeah, I'm probably going to get a new modding computer soon, with my limited budget I'll try to find a comp with an i5 for cheap. It will still be a great improvment over the Core Duo I currently have.

Yeah, I'm probably going to get a new modding computer soon, with my limited budget I'll try to find a comp with an i5 for cheap. It will still be a great improvment over the Core Duo I currently have.

:undecide: I'd rather you wait and buy an i7, "I'm Just Sayin."

Top Bottom