White Lives Matter Rally Includes NeoNazis, Confederate flags, Hitler Mustaches, and Goosestepping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should in theory be able to agree that 'human lives matter', and by extension that these movements were badly named from the start...

This is so asinine it's kind of amazing that you typed it and then hit 'post reply'. Everyone knows only horrible people's lives matter.

Black lives matter includes racists, antisemites & islamists.

Just a control question: Did any of you ever write a single comment about NOI or Linda Sarsour?

Sorry that I'm bursting the bubble, but for my tastes, the coverage of "racism" by some people seems to me pretty one sided :rolleyes:

Yeah, because protesting against racism and murder is every bit as bad as protesting for racism and murder. Racist murderers are sooo misunderstood.

Ehm, looks like you forgot your brain as you were typing, cause human= horrible people + empty subset.

Humans as a group aren't being discriminated against. It's only the lives of horrible people that are relatively undervalued in the US and society has a long history of treating horrible people as less valuable than others. Saying things such as "human lives matter" is only serving to perpetuate a system that is oppressing and disproportionately incarcerating horrible people.

I thought they were called deplorables

Well you thought wrong. This is an inclusive and tolerant movement. We welcome all sorts of Neo-Nazis, Communists, Antifa, and BLM members of all races and sexual orientations.

Humans as a group aren't being discriminated against. It's only the lives of horrible people that are relatively undervalued in the US and society has a long history of treating horrible people as less valuable than others. Saying things such as "human lives matter" is only serving to perpetuate a system that is oppressing and disproportionately incarcerating horrible people.
FINALLY somebody speaks up for me. Thank you!

Well you thought wrong. This is an inclusive and tolerant movement. We welcome all sorts of Neo-Nazis, Communists, Antifa, and BLM members of all races and sexual orientations.
Not bears though.

This is so asinine it's kind of amazing that you typed it and then hit 'post reply'
Took me 10 minutes to decide whether I should go with the "block people from going where they want or need to go"-part or whether I should have made it into a statement about people disrupting others from learning in the library, so don't accuse me of sending that without thinking about it!

It's kind of interesting though. On the one hand, you want to treat BLM as if it was a movement that exists outside of the scope of social media, as if the many things that are said there by members of BLM, are not at all of importance, and that the founding principles already validate it as a group, no matter how people who associate with the label act... but then you look at gamergate, a movement that was founded on the idea of getting collusion and bias out of gaming journalism, and instead of focusing on the valid concerns raised by the people in the movement, you focus on social media and dismiss the movement based on what random people who associate with the gg-label say and do on twitter.

That's not very consistent. :nope:

Are you trying to set a personal best for asinine? While I'm worried that acknowledging the existence of GG will raise it from the dead and derail the thread, racism is a real issue that affects lives while ethics in video game journalism was frequently just a bad excuse.

FINALLY somebody speaks up for me. Thank you!

I got your back. Us horrible people need to stick together. Resist!

Not bears though.

Absolutely no bears.This is a resistance against bear supremacy and bear privilege.

Bears are dangerous marauding murdering machines. Full stop, no debate.

Are you trying to set a personal best for asinine? While I'm worried that acknowledging the existence of GG will raise it from the dead and derail the thread, racism is a real issue that affects lives while ethics in video game journalism was frequently just a bad excuse.
Ethics in gaming journalism are a valid concern. Having people for example give unfair scores to certain games based on it being a friend of theirs, or for example them having been invited to a party by the publisher with the unofficial but obvious intent of getting a favorable rating, are things that impact not only people's pockets, but also have a negative impact on smaller development studios, and studios outside of the USA. This is not only classist as the haves can use their money to get more money, while the have-nots are oppressed, it is also racism that favors America over the rest of the world. That you would defend this sort of Nationalism is surprising!

Of course it is not on the level of importance that black people being shot unjustly by law-enforcement are... although... no, after thinking about it for a moment, let me take that back. It IS on the same level, if not on a much higher level, for anybody outside of the USA, as one is your local issue that you have deal with, and the other one is an issue for the whole developed world, as American Gaming Journalism basically dominates the Internet.

Didn't see that argument coming, did you? Me either! :lol:

Anyway. The comparison was not about the importance of the movements, the comparison was about how the movements are treated. For BLM, Lexicus wants to ignore all the trolls and terrible people on social media, for GamerGate, it's all he looks at. No consistent standards at all.

for GamerGate, it's all he looks at.

For Gamergate, that's all it is. That you don't know what BLM does isn't any concern of mine. But I suggest getting off Twitter once in a while, might do you some good.

No, it's not, you're just claiming that out of ignorance, and you choose to stay ignorant so you can continue to say that. Sad!

You shouldn't be trying to turn trolling into a lifestyle. The job interview thread showed you're in too deep.

You give the impression of saying anything for a response whether you believe it or not, whether it even makes sense or not, because nothing matters and no consequences right? Its all just roleplay of one kind or another.

This is a really paranoid forum.. geez.

You shouldn't be trying to turn trolling into a lifestyle. The job interview thread showed you're in too deep.

You give the impression of saying anything for a response whether you believe it or not, whether it even makes sense or not, because nothing matters and no consequences right? Its all just roleplay of one kind or another.

Someone disagreeing with what you think doesn't mean that they're "trolling" or lying. Get off your high horse.

I'm just calling things what they are.

Saying that gamergate was nothing other than a harassment campaign by bad people on social media is a gross misunderstanding which I can understand if it comes from people not familiar with the matter. After all, the harassment on social media was a very real thing, and it is what the media focused on. But given that Lexicus has been part of these discussions in the past, it is simply a blatant lie at this point, he chooses to intentionally ignore anything that was not people being terrible on social media.

Among the things GamerGate brought to light was for example the GameJournoPros-list where behind the scenes journalists actively colluded on how they want to tackle certain stories, as well as the shady practices during the Shadow of Mordor pre-release promotion where youtubers were offered access only if they would sign a deal that prevented them from saying negative things about the game before they even got their hands on it. How gaming journalist Zoe Quinn and her associates attempted to crash the fundraiser for women in video games by the Fine Young Capitalists because she was personally offended by the fact that they were not rejecting donations from people she politically disagrees with, is another story that was brought to the forefront by GamerGate.

Again, Lexicus knows that, he just chooses to ignore it in favor of making GamerGate look as bad as possible by focusing only on harassment on twitter, while at the same time he ignores the bad things people who harass others and say generally terrible things in the name of BLM. Which is again why you can't really take him serious, he's a serial liar who wants to live in his bubble. Pointing at that double-standard is not trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom