Whitefire's Challenge - American Empire

Yes, I had, but until I got to the end, I hadn't realised it had died. I have found others 3 years old and going strong

sorry too say, but as an Australian educator, I have to inform you that Australia's seemingly good educational statistics are misleading, as when compared to other countries of similar economic standing we have easier courses, and as such, higher success rates. Though the same goes for America, I remember a young lady from DC who did her last year of an English teaching degree here, she learnt more from her students than they did from her, her words, not mine. The one thing an American one year from finishing an Educvation degree has over Australian 15 year olds however is an intense knowledge of American Literature, which is not all that good a thing.

Sorry, you have missed any relevance to my post with yours because I wasn't using statistics and your opening premise is based entirely on statistics. Relevance thereafter = zero.

Insisting that Americans spell words loaned from French the French way is a lost cause.

Sorry, but you have missed the smilie that was placed after that sentence.

:)

No, you did not use statistics, but you said that a sizeable group of Australians are educated, which is true, but it doesn't mean that their education is very good. The statistics that I didn't give, and don't have, on hand, really support your veiw. My point is entirely drawn from personal experience, in the field.

Top Bottom