1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Who are the Great People?

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Lore' started by xienwolf, Jul 16, 2008.

1. orangelex44

orangelex44 Partisan

Darsinger (F/Doviello/Commander)

"You think I planned that?"

2. Skitters

Skitters Prince

...why was the first thought in my head of a cigar munching, silver haired member of the A Team? :)

3. KillerClowns

KillerClowns Emperor

Furia - Female - Clan of Embers or Doviello (preferably Clan of Embers, depending on what you can find for a picture)
    "Listen to the Bannor marches. To the Balseraph waltzes. To the Sheaim elegies. To the Kurioate anthems. Each sounds so complex, so civilized... yet underneath, all have the drums, first and most important of instruments, that analogue for the savage heart in all of us."

4. A_Hamster

A_Hamster Small Furry Animal

That's a pretty good one, KC. If you don't mind a small edit of the last line ... "analogue" is a ten-dollar word that's out of place for the Doviello or Clan.

"Each sounds so complex, so civilized... yet underneath, all have the drums, first and most important of instruments; the beating of the savage heart in all of us."

5. KillerClowns

KillerClowns Emperor

Suggestion: Move Tuoni the Gatekeeper's entry to Clairone, change gender back to female. I feel like there could be a suitably dark entry for Tuoni made.
    EDIT: In fact, I'll give it a shot.
    Tuoni the Gatekeeper - Male/Lich - Patrian:
    "The gods have made me an outcast, and even wicked Agares calls me evil. But he, at least, should have seen this coming. Having stolen his power from the One, he should have expected that his kind would suffer a similar humiliation. Just as Agares sought to conquer the One, I seek to conquer the gods. I simply intend to succeed where he failed."

6. xienwolf

xienwolf Deity

7. thewyrm

thewyrm Ambassador to Real Life

My only concern is that I just can't see the Balseraph having the kind of patience to dance or perform a waltz. Their music would be more jarring and dances more haphazard. JMHO.

I think more like improvisational jazz or zydeco.

8. xienwolf

xienwolf Deity

9. PinkPikachu

PinkPikachu Chieftain

Waltz is too boring for Balseraphs, they have Techno Masqu-raves. :lol:

Oh jeez, I made a pun didn't I.

10. KillerClowns

KillerClowns Emperor

I chose waltz not only because of the association with masquerades, but also because it's in 3/4 time. The Balseraphs seem like the sort of people who wouldn't limit themselves to the usual time scales. 3/4 isn't that unusual, I grant you, but I imagine it'd be popular because it's relatively simple compared to what the most eclectic of Balseraph bards would compose. (On a side note, I imagine the Sidar would also be likely to try out new time scales, but for a completely different reason. The Balseraph creations would be chaotic and haphazard, like jazz with medieval instruments, gone totally mad. A Sidar symphony on the same time scale would be more like our more eccentric modern composers, experimenting for the sake of experiment, rather than creating something to stir the soul.)

11. thewyrm

thewyrm Ambassador to Real Life

After giving it more thought, I think we are both right. The Balseraph are the type to have a different party every night of the week. Friday is dressed to nines masquerade ball, with formal dance. Saturday it is get drugged out of your mind and have the medieval equivalent of a rave. Sunday is light drinking, good food, and uptempo folk.

12. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Emperor

Is this mod still alive?

13. KillerClowns

KillerClowns Emperor

I believe so; unfortunately, it's hard to get anyone into the Lore Thread with .34 looming so close.

14. xienwolf

xienwolf Deity

Well, this was never made yet, so technically it is still not-alive. ;) But I do still plan to actually add this feature into the game once we have a decent chunk of quotes and pictures. Mostly it is the pictures which are lacking at this point. I'd rather not resort to using stock images that are generic enough to fit for anything.

15. UNpatriot

UNpatriot Warlord

I've been thinking philosophy a bit and came up with an idea which makes an excellent quote for a Grigori. Unfortunately all the adventurers are already taken :(

16. Algeroth

Algeroth 8 and 1/2

Well you can take some merchant.....

17. UNpatriot

UNpatriot Warlord

That quote would actually fit one of the Luonnotar perfectly; they say it just before getting placed on the pyre on which Junil doesn't want to hurt them...

Well, a merchant trying to convert them from religion to enterprise might actually work equally well.

18. UNpatriot

UNpatriot Warlord

That quote would actually fit one of the Luonnotar perfectly; they say it just before getting placed on the pyre on which Junil doesn't want to hurt them...

Well, a merchant trying to convert them from religion to enterprise might actually work equally well.

19. xienwolf

xienwolf Deity

20. Psycho_Ivan

Psycho_Ivan Warlord

How are we supposed to put in entries? Are we supposed to do a 'fill in the blank' sort of thing, or what?

I ask because I really, really like this idea and would enjoy contributing. :D