Who are you picking to Win the Superbowl? - NFL 2016-2017 Season

Who are you picking to Win the Superbowl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sommerswerd

Shades of the Sun
Supporter
You only get to pick ONE (1) Team! :yup:

No saying lame things to try and pick both teams so you can claim "See I was right!" or "We won!" or "I'm happy with the result" regardless of who wins... that's lame :thumbsdown:... By all means explain/defend your pick but don't hedge, because that's lame :thumbsdown:

Lame things people say for the Super Bowl (to try to justify picking both teams):

1. I WANT Team X to win but I THINK Team Y will win = Lame :thumbsdown:

2. I HAVE TO cheer for Team X (because my cousin, best friend etc is affiliated, or I have some other "connection" to the team) but I also WANT TO see Team Y win because (I'm from the town, or near it or have some other "connection" to the team) = Lame :thumbsdown:

3. I THINK Team X is the better team and SHOULD win but I'm PULLING FOR Team Y (because "I think XYZ player is a really good person" or "I hate so and so" or "Player XYZ is my favourite at so-and-so position" or some other reason/connection (see #1 and #2) = Lame :thumbsdown:

4. I'm not a fan of either team so I don't care who wins... but if I have to pick I'd say (see #1,2 or 3) = Lame :rolleyes:

Just pick ONE team

Happy Picking :goodjob:

Falcons...Their offense is just too hot to be stopped by anyone in the league...Sure, the Pats have a great defense, the one allowing the least points so far, and we know Dark Hoodie is a genius and GOAT coach, but I just don't see how they can slow down Atlanta...Sure, you can take out Julio, but then there's Taylor Gabriel, Sanu, there's also Davonta Freeman being another receiver out of the backfield, etc...So you can probably pick your poison and try to take out Julio, but the rest of the offense will punish you...Atlanta's defense has played really well in the last few weeks and if they can rattle Brady even a bit, they will cause trouble for the Pats' offense...

Allowing the least points is easier when you go the entire season without having to face top tier quarterbacks. Their only challenges were gimpy Russel Wilson and Joe Flacco, and they went one for two there giving up thirty points a game.

Brady actually plays below his regular season performance in the playoffs, and I still believe the Patriot defense to be overrated, but the Falcons are built nothing like the teams that have traditionally defeated the Patriots. I want to believe in Atlanta because New England is anathema to me but I think the line of -3 is very fair.

Actually Atlanta has shown they can effectively rush with four, which is Brady's weakness. They have the fastest linebackers in the league so they can cover the hot routes and make him hold the ball the extra beat that gets him hit, which is REALLY his weakness.

The Falcons have a young D which has improved over the season but they were far below league average in total defense and DVOA. That is not close to what Denver had last year, or what the Giants, Ravens, or Jets have had in the past. The over/under for this game is 59, which is the highest o/u for a Super Bowl ever. The last time the Patriots lost a shootout in the playoffs, it was 2006.

I said at the start of the season that it's the Pats' Superb Owl to lose. And I'mma stick by that prediction.

The Falcons have a young D which has improved over the season but they were far below league average in total defense and DVOA. That is not close to what Denver had last year, or what the Giants, Ravens, or Jets have had in the past. The over/under for this game is 59, which is the highest o/u for a Super Bowl ever. The last time the Patriots lost a shootout in the playoffs, it was 2006.

When's the last time they played a team that was qualified to shoot it out with them?

So sign on the dotted line :deal:

I did, dude.

But if you need clarification:

I THINK THE PATS WILL WIN I THINK THE PATS WILL WIN I THINK THE PATS WILL WIN I THINK THE PATS WILL WIN

is that clear enough for you?

I'm a Saints fan, Falcons can blow me.

Pats probably shut down Julio and win this one, Belichick takes away your best weapon and this offense, as much as it tries to spread the ball around, is still very much Julio-centric.

I did, dude.

But if you need clarification:

I THINK THE PATS WILL WIN I THINK THE PATS WILL WIN I THINK THE PATS WILL WIN I THINK THE PATS WILL WIN

is that clear enough for you?
OK, OK... It's cool man, be cool, everythings cool... Jeez dude keep it funny, were all friends here:)

I read an article in the run-up to the NE v Sea Super Bowl that said 49ers fans tended to lean towards the Pats in Super Bowls. It was pretty convincing, because it has this interactive map that showed people's fandom all over the country, and there was a YUGE amount of overlap between 49ers fan concentrations and Pats fan concentrations.

Exactamundo! That's what we're gonna be... We're gonna be cool...

That's because a huge proportion of 49ers fans are bandwagonners, and when the wheels came off the 49er bandwagon the Pats bandwagon was an available ride.

:old: Back in the day, when the 49ers were just another punching bag in the Rams' NFC west gymnasium, if you wore a 49er jersey around here the response wouldn't have been "how dare you?" it would have been "what's that, a college jersey?" But if you ask now of course they say they've always been 'niner fans.

That's because a huge proportion of 49ers fans are bandwagonners, and when the wheels came off the 49er bandwagon the Pats bandwagon was an available ride.

:old: Back in the day, when the 49ers were just another punching bag in the Rams' NFC west gymnasium, if you wore a 49er jersey around here the response wouldn't have been "how dare you?" it would have been "what's that, a college jersey?" But if you ask now of course they say they've always been 'niner fans.
You're probably right. When I was a kid there were no Patriot fans, zero. I grew up in New England and I didn't know a single guy who was a Pats fan... as in none, zilch, nada. My poor baby sister is the only Pats fan I knew growing up. Fast forward... I moved back to New England recently, and everyone is "Pats fans" now.:rolleyes:

For my part, I jumped on the Bandwagon for Superbowl 19 (49ers v Dolphins)... I was a little guy, and the only teams I could name back then were the Steelers and the Cowboys. I actually didn't know what a "Super Bowl" was and only found out that night cheering for the 49ers to win because I'd promised a friend I would. The very next year I discovered to my surprise that my home locale (New England) actually had a team when the Pats went to the Super Bowl. I was the only kid in my class that was naïve enough to pick the Pats, and they broke my heart in spectacular, embarrassing fashion. So I clung to the 49ers and never looked back. That was 31 Super Bowls ago.

I hate the goddamn Pats and their smug, entitled, false-modesty, Donald Trump-lovin asses. But this is FOR SCIENCE.

Top Bottom